What's new

my 'Lil' Vegebox

Latitude18

Ready to grow

Ready to grow

a pic is worth 1000 words ..... here's 6

only thing left is to pop intake and exhaust holes in the grow area , as needed , and if any need to be plugged i can do that too, and finish the outside trim and 45's on the exhaust

features :
- Total stealth- no light ,no sound ,no smell
- adjustable light -from 0-36"
- Removable light - comes out easy for doing work or change to flower
- Adjustable air - 80 cfm fan , i can put holes anywhere i need and add hose if needed
- Cheep Filters - they come out easy and cost less then $5 anywhere
- Removeable cord - can use any extension cord
- Digital Timer - many options

features to come :
- Battery back-up
- Flower light shelf

Latitude18

Tap Tap Tap .... is this thing on ?

Tap Tap Tap .... is this thing on ?

Usually get a few flames at least .... :pointlaug

move'n on , :joint:

I've added more lights , I now have 6 cfl's @42w ea. = 252w or "like" 900w incandecent ... + 40 w from the 2- 2' tubes total 292watts / "like" 940 watts

thats 146 watts per foot of warm white light ( only cfl's avail.)

now my space is about 2x2 ( little less ) and the lumens add up to 17300, thats use'n warm white cfl's , because there isn't one cool white CFL bulb on the whole island , but i will get some , with gas at 3.25 a gallon , I've spent $40 looking for bulbs on a 32sq mile island (also it's hard to find any online company to mail anything here , have to mail to states and mail it again from there ) even the "Light Bulb Store " only had lil warm white bulbs , 2- 18 watt , go figure

well I'm hope'n to get the trim done today , flu has been kick'n my butt, and put the germs in to start veg'n , and the two dwarfs from the deck too , more pics to come

Tell me what you think about my design , it's a lil over the top , but it's going to be the tv stand in my bedroom

What do you all think about the air scrubbers , think my idea will work ? :chin:

G

Nice job Latitude dude!!!!!! I like how you decided to add more lights. Perhaps if you check out Home Depot's web site, you can find some cool white spiral cfl's. to order. I've picked up several of them in their store & they're just the ticket for veg.

Now, when you've finished building one of these for me, I'll PM you my address for shipping!! hehehe :yummy:

Just had a thought (hence the edit): I'll bet there's a thousand young folks out there, still living at home, who'd kill for something like this for "their" bedroom (dorm room?). They could grow right under mom & pop's noses. Ever think about doing something like this commercially? There might be a market out there for other people as well.........you know, folks who want a small personal grow but aren't handy with tools, etc. And what you made could just look like a nice piece of furniture over there in the corner of their bedroom. Sell em on the net.........like here! Just install the light bulbs & plants & plug er in!!!
Let's see...........we'll call them the "18 Grow Box".

Bh

Last edited:

Latitude18

DONE !

DONE !

thanks Bipedalhominid
Bongasaurus , no , no temp chks yet still looking for a hi low thermometer

well shes done! grow starts tomorrow here are the final results

Party time ... keg'r ... gunna have to find a good thing to use the empty's for

here you see the quick disconnect wires , and the timer , exhaust holes threw the light shelf and the adjustment holes for the light shelf

front view , shelf wedged uo for easy light service , and lights in

four sides , where's the door ?

grow log ready

in place , babies wait'n

blower work'n perfectly

tiny'est lil light leak at the bottom of the door

well thats it for now , temps to come , and look for her in the grow sections

going to have to come up with a stealthy female name for "her " and add the thread to my sig , if I can figure it out ( I learned on card readers and tandy 80's)

:woohoo: time to burn one :joint:

Latitude18

Update

Update

BH ... That's a good name , Have to admit , I'm drawing a blank , and I'm usually good at that sort of thing

Timer is working perfectly , set for 18/6 , because of the 12/12 outside , i can move any plant outside and it will flower in the sun :yummy:

As for Temps inside the box , I started out with 100+ , took about 15mins to pop a few holes and adjust the height of the light , and she's run'n at 82.2 :yoinks:

Pat Pending ...... :kos: :Bolt:

:smoker:See No Evil :listen2: Hear No Evil :nono: Smell No Evil

Last edited:

Latitude18

Update

Update

Captain BigBud ... started 3/30 , but I work slow and had many other chores to do , only work 1-4 hours a day ,if that , because I'm disabled

Lech Walesa ... thks

Here's a update ...

due to Temp. changes , I've made two adjustments . temps were going from high 70's- 102 , so I added two 3" PC fans to force a lil exhuast. That did absolutly nothing , lol , took the filters out and that did nothing also , poped the filters back , and took the two tube bulbs out , only 40 watts so iI still have 252w and 15,600lumens with the 6 cfl's ... Temp's are 76 ( lights off ) -- low 80's ( 80 - 84 lights on ). Tubes were putting of alot of heat, not worth the 40 watt's

also got a battery back up , because the power here goes out alot , mostly for only 15mins at a time , but i want to see if it will hold the lights on for a while. It's a Belkin surgemaster 500VA 300w , still need to see if it's going to work

But, Now she runs perfectly , Stella (named by Bipedalhominid) Super Stealth , got 8 seedlings , two "runts" from outside , 4 seeds a-pop'n , and 4ea green beans,and green and yellow squash , germ'n

:woohoo:

P.S. put the link in my sig to find the thread I started in tokers den by mistake

Latitude18

update

update

I added a few lil fans to get the air move'n more and keep steady temp's

works good , also have a battery back-up set-up , actually used it today when the power went out

I am running into a problem with these Jiffy pop starters , seems the outside stuff restricts growth so I have only one strong plant grow'n now

here you see them young , and the bigger one is from outside , it wasn't doing good out there in veg

just pop'd a few more beans , right now i have one M3 (magical mystery mix #2 - freebies , I saved Three and gave away the rest ) pop'd and in dirt , one still think'n about pop'n and two BS (bullshit /bagseed) , one of those pop'd and ones still think'n ... Can't wait to get to the real beans , think I'm going to pop a few good ones today , I have elnino and hawiian snow ... Look for me in the soil threads

Latitude18

Update

Update

I have the box outside doing some much needed work on a few things ... give me an hour or so and I'll pop the pics up for all those who are follow'n :wave:

Latitude18

Here's the latest

Here's the latest

:joint: put the plants outside and took the box in for a tune up and some ground effects.

wanted more air , so I took a bunch of small hoses and made one big one , put some metal screen and a lil filter paper on it.

hand bent some sheet metal , used the table saw top and the rip fence as a bending machine.

heres what i came up with

mounted it , and made a small one for the exhaust hole i made 4" dia

here is a pic of how i solve my light leak , you can see a pic, i think, up the thread a bit. This pic is actually taken after the next , but you can see I bent a piece of metal wit a 1/4" lip sticking out, and notched the wood to fit perfect.

here's how i got it to be exactly were i wanted it. I put it in the groove , put glue on the backside , then just put the door on and set a car bat on it , door is 3/8 ply and didn't want to put screws in it

so next is a custom carbon scubber , took the water filters out to get more air movement , they worked be it has too much resistance , even one sheet thick was too much to filter the intake IMO

well thats it for now , Now she has custom ground effects , and the front scoop drops down to the floor and get the most cool air possible. :sasmokin:

She's Back to Grow'n

more updates to come , Tell Me What You Think :confused:

This may be an old thread, but I'd like to compliment you on your handiwork. Have you started a grow in the box yet?

Nice work on the intake. Quite stealth.

G

wow absolutely awsome man o man you think you can build another one and ship it to me... awsome carpentry skills.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
so awesome, love the designs! Fantastic stuff man. R +

I want more detail and pics, especially of the ventilation system.

- Ez

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts