What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my latest theory...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Turn your conspiracy on its head and you get the two I bounce between. What if its a plan to farm the compliant. What if the vaccine is for a more deadly version of the virus only to be released after the conformists have had their jab and the non vaccers get wiped out by it.

shithawk420

Veteran
That's a really scary thought GMT.i live in the boonies so I'm not getting vaccinated. But I hope I don't regret it.i read a book that describes exactly what you said.im only not shook cause I live in the country.im still scared for my brother and mother.

Good to see you by the way GMT.us long term members are dropping like flies

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey man, yeah I'm out of town too, and also have a mother close to 80. Scary times indeed, esp as she would rather ignore it all and carry on as normal. At least she's had her first jab now. I'm ignoring the call for me. Too many getting reactions for my liking.

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah these vaccs don't sit well with me.kinda ironic cause my mother has stock in pfizer.she hasn't got vaccinated yet.but she plans too.scares me

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
If I did, the astra one is the only one I'd accept.
What I don't get is why the vaccines aren't contagious. They are viruses themselves, how are they not contagious. I suspect we are being vaccinated with or without the jab by associating with those who've recently had it.

mr.brunch

Veteran
These vaccines aren’t viruses, they’re a fragment of the genetic code of coronavirus delivered in different ways- the Oxford one is on board a cold virus I believe, but I the Pfizer one is different.

shithawk420

Veteran
Forgive my ignorance.im still buzzed from the Superbowl.

So basically injecting a fascimile of the virus makes us immune or our immune system can fight it? Kind of like an antivenom right?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Well, the oxford one is a chimpanzee virus, that's had the part of the corona virus that injects our cells copied onto it. When our immune systems see it, they create an antibody to attach to the spike so it can't inject our cells. But it is a virus. So should be contagious.

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm watching the news right now and people are calling older people to scam them with promises of vaccines and take their bank account numbers or something.fucking scumbags.wow

mr.brunch

Veteran
I copied some of the vaccine info

picture.php

Viral vector vaccines

A harmless virus is altered by introducing part of the disease-causing virus’ genetic code, such as the code for Covid-19’s ‘spike’ protein.

The harmless virus transports the code into our cells – in a similar way to RNA vaccines – which then start to produce the protein.

This triggers an immune response, priming our immune system to attack the real virus later.

Oxford-AstraZeneca is the first viral vector vaccine to be approved for Covid-19. More are in late-stage research, such as CanSino Biologics, Gamaleya Research Institute and Johnson & Johnson. They all use adenoviruses – a group of viruses that cause the common cold – as the vector or carrier.

Another example of a viral vector vaccine is the Ervebo (rVSV-ZEBOV) Ebola vaccine – it uses the vesicular stomatitis virus as the carrier.

RNA vaccines

Messenger RNA is a sequence of genetic code which our bodies use all the time – it tells our cells what proteins to build so they can function.

To produce an RNA vaccine, scientists develop a synthetic version of the virus’ messenger RNA.

When this is injected into our bodies, cells read it as an instruction to start building the relevant viral protein, for example Covid-19's 'spike' protein. This prompts our immune system to respond, and in doing so it learns how to protect against future Covid-19 infection.

Two RNA Covid-19 vaccines have been approved for use: Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna. Both have reported high levels of vaccine efficacy – around 95%.

They are the first RNA vaccines ever to be approved for use against any disease. However, researchers have been using the technology for a while, and people have been given RNA vaccines in clinical trials for other diseases, like cancer.

‘Whole’ virus vaccines

These vaccines could be:

Inactivated – a version of the virus is inactivated by being exposed to heat, chemicals or radiation.
Virus-like particle – a version of the virus, closely resembling the real thing, is created artificially, however it doesn’t contain any genetic material, so it’s not infectious.
These vaccines cannot cause the disease, but will cause our bodies to produce an immune response which will protect against future infection.

Some of the most advanced inactivated Covid-19 vaccines in development include Sinovac, Bharat Biotech and two by Sinopharm. Examples of existing inactivated vaccines include the whooping cough, rabies and hepatitis A vaccines.

One vaccine in phase III clinical trials is virus-like particle: Medicago Inc. An example of an existing vaccine is the HPV/cervical cancer vaccine.

Protein subunit vaccines

A small piece of the virus’ genetic code is inserted into another cell – perhaps a bacterial, yeast, mammalian or insect cell. The code contains instructions for this cell to start building the virus protein, for example the Covid-19 ‘spike’ protein.

Cells like this act as factories, building large quantities of the protein – which is then extracted, purified and used as the active ingredient in the vaccine.

When it is injected, our bodies learn to recognise the viral protein so that they can mount an immune response which protects against future infection.

Some of the most advanced Covid-19 vaccines using this approach include Novavax and Chinese Academy of Sciences.

An example of an existing protein subunit vaccine is for hepatitis B, which uses yeast cells to build the virus protein.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Another thing that bothers me is, its not covid that kills people, its the immune response to the virus. So if we are generating that response deliberately, why isn't it dangerous?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
These vaccines aren’t viruses, they’re a fragment of the genetic code of coronavirus delivered in different ways- the Oxford one is on board a cold virus I believe, but I the Pfizer one is different.

i can't give you rep at moment, but thanks for being realistic. some days that is rare...:thank you:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oxford-AstraZeneca is the first viral vector vaccine to be approved for Covid-19. More are in late-stage research, such as CanSino Biologics, Gamaleya Research Institute and Johnson & Johnson. They all use adenoviruses – a group of viruses that cause the common cold – as the vector or carrier.

Common cold virus is a pretty catchy virus to piggy back an experimental vaccine on.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I believe the only truly experimental one is the Pfizer- the others use tried and tested methods.
And as the Oxford one is cheaper, I expect that’s what I’ll get offered

Latest posts

Latest posts