What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My latest digital painting done in Photoshop.

easy420dude

picture.php

jd4083

Veteran
So you sell these prints as well, huh?

*Edited for privacy*

as a fellow photoshop fan, could you break down how you made this digital painting so I could learn a bit more myself? :tiphat:

easy420dude

g0vna - thanks

jd4083 - I do sell them. If anyone is interested they can pm me. As for the details of how I did it: the background is a public domain image taken of the Orion nebula by the Hubble Space Telescope. I rotated it 90 degrees and stretched it in the horizontal plane. The female figure is cut from a public domain illustration by Maxfield Parish. After cutting and pasting it, I resized and ran a series of filters on the image and adjusted the hue/saturation until it was what I wanted. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
It's the same image by Maxfield Parrish. Love his work...obviously.

Maxfield Parrish ....yah this was a fave of mine , what great stuff ...& it was considered
commercial / industrial art way back then in the 1920's for calendars &
magazines , advertising Mazda Lamps for General Electric ...<g

** below always loved some of the posters
that were done by Satty

mpdaybreak.jpg

Satty

satty.jpg

skyspider

yeah I thought it was a rip off of Parish, he was an incredible painter , used many layers locked in varnish to get the luminance

Latest posts

Latest posts