What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My kief went more golden color?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
My <70 micron kief has like goldened up a bit. Anybody know what's up with that? Oxidization or something?

EsterEssence

Veteran
What color was it before? Has it been exposed to air, warm storage, how old is it? I assume it is unpressed. I like it when it’s white to golden...

I wood

My <70 micron kief has like goldened up a bit. Anybody know what's up with that? Oxidization or something?

Oxidation would be my guess also.
Ive been carrying a vial of loose keif chunks in pocket and after several weeks it has turned dark brown before my eyes.
Same stock at room temperature has barley darkened over same time.

All my jars of buds have developed some sort of golden hue after about 9 months or so.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
What color was it before? Has it been exposed to air, warm storage, how old is it? I assume it is unpressed. I like it when it’s white to golden...
Yeah I only press it if I'm giving it away as gifts. Before it was like a yellowish gold, and it basically got more golden, a bit darker.
Oxidation would be my guess also.
Ive been carrying a vial of loose keif chunks in pocket and after several weeks it has turned dark brown before my eyes.
Same stock at room temperature has barley darkened over same time.

All my jars of buds have developed some sort of golden hue after about 9 months or so.
And yeah okay that sounds right, they have been in mason jars, but the temperature in my room is above normal because of all the computers and the 3d printer. I'm guessing it's either oxidization or something involving the increased heat, or both. Thanks for responding guys! I figured it was something like that but it always helps to hear other opinions.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts