What's new

My Hash press

Ganja baba

Veteran
could you add warmth to a hand held screw press, its doable i think

you can use a hair dryer or hot water , any kind of heating device , but if to warm the block will run with oil even bubble . made that mistake before lol , you could leave the press on top of say a house radiator .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
great piece of equipment, very nice looking bar of bubble it made. need to get the old bubblebags out myself one of these days and play around with my piecemaker.

can't wait to see mk 2

all the best mate.

Super.Seeds

ICMag Donor
Great job! I wish I knew how to construct one like that. Any idea at how strong it is? I also think you could market and sell those. Put the guys out of business that are charging 300+ a press!

I have a Piecemaker (3 tons pressure) and I am looking at the A.P.E. Press Stand which presses at 2 tons (less pressure but looks like a nicer design with interchangeable molds). The Jack Puck has 2 ton and 8 ton models....Why the differences in pressure from one press to another?

Is there a minimum amount and/or a maximum amount of pressure needed to press hash? I looked all over the web and in a few of my books and couldn't find any research on the subject of min/max amount of pressure...One website said 10-20 tons of pressure is needed but that sounds like WAY too much!! I would love to know what the difference in the finished product is when pressed with different pressures. I would assume a higher ton press would make it a darker color hash but maybe I am wrong...And if it does produce a darker hash is that better? They do make 20 ton presses for like 500 bucks but it seems like overkill.

Let me know what you guys know/think. I would prefer facts but experiences are worth listening to also. I just got a book today called "Hashish" and I can't wait to read it. Thanks guys and keep making nice bricks of hash! :D

SS

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the amount of pressure also depends on the quality and amount of resin being pressed. if you want to make 200 gram slabs you will need much more pressure then if you are pressing 10g.

M

merlot

Looks like it works well! I have seen and heard of more and more people using a press. Well done

Ganja baba

Veteran
Great job! I wish I knew how to construct one like that. Any idea at how strong it is? I also think you could market and sell those. Put the guys out of business that are charging 300+ a press!

I have a Piecemaker (3 tons pressure) and I am looking at the A.P.E. Press Stand which presses at 2 tons (less pressure but looks like a nicer design with interchangeable molds). The Jack Puck has 2 ton and 8 ton models....Why the differences in pressure from one press to another?

Is there a minimum amount and/or a maximum amount of pressure needed to press hash? I looked all over the web and in a few of my books and couldn't find any research on the subject of min/max amount of pressure...One website said 10-20 tons of pressure is needed but that sounds like WAY too much!! I would love to know what the difference in the finished product is when pressed with different pressures. I would assume a higher ton press would make it a darker color hash but maybe I am wrong...And if it does produce a darker hash is that better? They do make 20 ton presses for like 500 bucks but it seems like overkill.

Let me know what you guys know/think. I would prefer facts but experiences are worth listening to also. I just got a book today called "Hashish" and I can't wait to read it. Thanks guys and keep making nice bricks of hash! :D

SS

really mate you dont need to much pressure if the stuff is good ,

you will see alot of presses being sold at silly prices , this is because of the cocaine trade , alot of pressure needed to press good coke into crap coke , and alot of places make out they are for hash but sell most of their presses to the coke cutting guys

bigwity

Veteran
ok i found if you use brown withered shade orf small leaf dried and powdered put through a screen mix them with 6 part kief 10 part powder leaf and 1 part bho, them press as hard as possible and heat slightly it comes ou resembleing hash and is very nice indeede but dosnt fuck you up in one hit

Latest posts

Latest posts