What's new

my grow cab setup.. is it flawed?

thanks for all of the help guys... but I had posted an old pic. the light is now cooled and the fan's intake is on the side of the hood. the air is sucked accross the bulb and out the otherside, exiting through the top right of the cab.. no more hose hanging down off the fan. the fan's intake is almost at the top of the cab, and I'm still having the heat issues. the only solution I have found is to leave the doors open and point the fan inside.

I would post an updated pic but I cant figure out how to put a pic in the reply part

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
thanks for all of the help guys... but I had posted an old pic. the light is now cooled and the fan's intake is on the side of the hood. the air is sucked accross the bulb and out the otherside, exiting through the top right of the cab.. no more hose hanging down off the fan. the fan's intake is almost at the top of the cab, and I'm still having the heat issues. the only solution I have found is to leave the doors open and point the fan inside.

I would post an updated pic but I cant figure out how to put a pic in the reply part

If you said the air is "sucked" over the bulb, that is not a good way to cool a light.

Its better to blow fast moving air over the bulb.

Consider putting a fan dedicated for pushing/pulling cool air in. You are already doing this leaving the door open and pointing cool air in.
I think the minimum requirement for intake air CFM is roughly 1/2 of your exhaust. I more or less worked with this rule for my growcab.

400W is a little big for a cab like that.. IMHO. might be a bit of overkill.