What's new

My gorilla grow tent 4x4 is badly twisting at the vertical support beams, and the tent is badly leaning on one side

Rtaym22224

After hanging an 8” in-line with charcoal filter from the proper supports, careful to balance weight; and I have mounted a 45lb led light. These tents are rated at 300lbs

It is still standing, my fear is it may collapse. Would it have collapsed by now any thoughts what should I do

It’s leaning badly to one side and the poles are like twisting to the side/rotating
Obviously ordered a new one

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Can you snap a picture to show us how you hung everything? My gorilla is very stable - but it is in a corner and the extension roof is so close to the ceiling that it barely fit.

negative37dBA

Veteran
I have a Gorilla 4x2. It is strong but I would never hang a 8" carbon filter and a 45LB led light and I assume a fan up there. That 300lbs is most likely a total spread out load and it would fail at that point. A good working load would be somewhere around 1/2 of that...still pushing it if you ask me....

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
After hanging an 8” in-line with charcoal filter from the proper supports, careful to balance weight; and I have mounted a 45lb led light. These tents are rated at 300lbs

It is still standing, my fear is it may collapse. Would it have collapsed by now any thoughts what should I do

It’s leaning badly to one side and the poles are like twisting to the side/rotating
Obviously ordered a new one
The poles have balls that snap int
I have a Gorilla 4x2. It is strong but I would never hang a 8" carbon filter and a 45LB led light and I assume a fan up there. That 300lbs is most likely a total spread out load and it would fail at that point. A good working load would be somewhere around 1/2 of that...still pushing it if you ask me....
Are you sure the connectors and balls are all aligned properly to the connectors. Make sure that all of yours are correct. No balls, no rigidity.

I am going to replace the 6' wrap on the big tent. They sent me another one free cause the front zipper ripped loose, making me duct tape it shut. I am glad, but woulda paid as I need the tent working. I have it extended to 8' high, and it is rock solid.

Ca++

Is it following the shape of the floor? It may of been rocking a little before, but the extra weight is making the 4 legs find the ground.

Could you put in a string diagonal?

Ca++

I wonder if you could find the post leaning out the most, and put something under it. Perhaps it's randomly shorter.
It's possible the post leaning in is longer, or just not seated in properly. Maybe something is in the hole. Them buttons should really indicate this.
Measure all four uprights? Spirit level the top poles?

Oh.. if the corners are constructed from metal tubes, I have seen them with one longer leg, that made me have to strip a frame to get the cover on. I have also seen one that wasn't square. It was way off. My smallest tent has them that are all off a bit. I have been prepared to swap them about, but a bit of strain on the poles has always seen it come good. However the wrong combination could be a different story.

goingrey

One thing to also remember at the end of the day the poles are light weight aluminum.

While they can hold a lot of weight lengthwise, they are really easy to bend with force applied to the side. Don't believe me? Well try. Just don't send me an invoice for the replacement.

Even an empty soda can is able to handle quite much weight on top of it. https://www.abc.net.au/science/surfingscientist/pdf/teachdemo22.pdf

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
MH tents I got still look to be made out of steel, and while they are thin section they will resist the usual lateral forces quite well. I also walked on the tubes (even slipped on them like in cartoons) before while installing and they did not bend any bit, if they were aluminium I guess I would have left a mark with my weight.

Latest posts

Latest posts