What's new

My Full Spectrum Led Lamp Spectrum Question

Drakkainen

Hi !

Can anyone give me advice about my Led lamps? Their full-spectrum lamps produce in my country so there is not much about it on the internet.

My friend has a spectrum meter so here is the score.
I have doubts about too many blue and green waves and small amount of red.

Is this lamps will be good for flowering and maximum yelds.
Their have 900 umol at center spot and ~700 umol’s at the corners.
We measure 2 of them ( 2 x 640W = 1280W ) and their size together is 200x100 cm

Attachments

• photo2067433.png
    photo2067433.png
    314.3 KB · Views: 44
  • photo2067439.jpg
    photo2067439.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 45
  • photo2067440.jpg
    photo2067440.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 41
  • photo2067441.jpg
    photo2067441.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 39

Koondense

Veteran
Nice design but the white leds used seem to have a bit too much blue to be considered good for maximum yields. Basically they would need some supplemental red led strips for better flower production. The spectrum looks like 4000K + 660nm, IMO could be better if 3500K + 660nm or even better 3500K + 2700K(high cri).
However these lights can grow great looking plants if you dial in the nutrition.

Cheers

Drakkainen

Thanks for the reply Koondense.

Yeah I know these lamps let me grow nice plants, but my grow is commercial and Im looking for best spectrum lamps that provide me a maximum yelds...

​​These​ lamps were bought for tests. Have also 2 other model lamps with a better looking light spectrum.

Best regards.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
The tested report is not bad. but as Koondense said, it is better to add more 660nm for bigger yield. Also some IR bar can help promote the yield.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The blue is prominent, so will be the first colour to reach the saturation limit as you turn up the power. Stopping you turning up the power more. However, as that time the blue becomes limiting, there is still room for more red. Plants evolved with fairly equal amounts of each present, so seen to max out in this way.

Plants actually make better use of the red than blue. To the most part, blue levels drop at the end of the season, so they have had to make best use of the more consistent red. Most lights have more red than blue, because if anything is going to reach your saturation limit, it should be something effective, not wasteful.

In plant morphology terms, more blue, and less of the far reds, are both reasons not to stretch. You could grow plants so squat, that the bud sites are too close, leading to rot. The actual plants will be a big factor there, as some may look like cabbage (broad leafs) and others will benifit from now stretch (thin leaf bean stalks)

If you have the lights, then okay, add 660.