What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Frist Grow

EL1M1N80R

Update of Doom

Update of Doom

Couple of issues, 1 Major 1 Minor.

Noticed yesterday water under both reserviors on the tent floor. Got seriously stressed thinking my tanks were cracked and leaking ever so slightly. Thought it was game over.

I swapped to a digital timer for the pumps and it arrived in the mail yestersay morning and had it set up in the early evening. Woke up today thinking not once have I seen the light on the timer plug come on for a flood and realised the timer switched was set to off.

This mistake proved valuable for sourcing the culprit for the wet floor. When I checked the tent, after spending a whole night barely sleeping incase of water+electricity issues, the floor was only went under the tanks, not the entire floor which was my expectation after topping of both tanks yesterday evening.

Put the pumps on today and decided to watch for leaks. Bingo!
The roots have completly blocked the overflow for 1 reservior and the water would completely fill the tank and end up all over the floor. No wonder I would use about 5 L of water a day. I thought I had mighty thirsty plants to deal with.

Cleared out some Hydroton and had to twist the top overflow compoent in both directions until it was free. Then ripped what was nesting out my reservior.

Run the pump only to find it was still blocked, after doing a litte digging I found this to be wrapped around and going down the overflow pipe.

Running the pump as I speak with no more issues. Big big hopefully that it causes a small shock and not a sex change stress messing with the roots.

The Minor issue I have is the tops are growing taller than the light. If anyone has any solutions for my dilema please let me know.

:tiphat:

Last edited:

EL1M1N80R

Dehumidifier Update

Dehumidifier Update

Got a dehumidifier for more control over the humidity, reduce the chance of mould and bud rot, and improve density of the buds in the late flower stage.

Currently sitting about 75% with no dehimidifier. Too high for flowering.
After making an exhaust port out of cardboard and sealing up the gaps, using tape for more efficiency. The warm air is vented out one of the tent ports.

£100 delivered from Germany. 14Litres per 24 hours. Decent enough profile to fit under the ScrOG net and slim enough to fit between the door and reserviors. 60 x 42 x 28 cm
Can set the humidity from 30% to about 80% in sets of 5%.
2 and 4 hour timer.
High and Low fan speed.
Run to drain port on the back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1eDpZ-T4SY

OldPhart

Currently sitting about 75% with no dehimidifier. Too high for flowering.
After making an exhaust port out of cardboard and sealing up the gaps, using tape for more efficiency. The warm air is vented out one of the tent ports.

£100 delivered from Germany. 14Litres per 24 hours. Decent enough profile to fit under the ScrOG net and slim enough to fit between the door and reserviors. 60 x 42 x 28 cm
Can set the humidity from 30% to about 80% in sets of 5%.
2 and 4 hour timer.
High and Low fan speed.
Run to drain port on the back.

Huh? I don't understand why you would bother venting the dehuy out of the tent. I believe you said you were just venting into/out of the room the tent is in. If that is the case, I would just put the dehuy in the room, will accomplish the same thing.

EL1M1N80R

Huh? I don't understand why you would bother venting the dehuy out of the tent. I believe you said you were just venting into/out of the room the tent is in. If that is the case, I would just put the dehuy in the room, will accomplish the same thing.

It is for heat issues. The air coming out the Dehumidifier is pretty hot.

I'm monitoring it with a hygro. right now.

Edit: The exhaust of the Dehumidifier is 32 degrees C

Latest posts

Latest posts