What's new

My first notill, trying to decide on an initial mulch

Aphotic

I'll pop some pics up tonight, flowering is progressing nicely! Sorry about the lag in updates for anyone still following, my dad got really sick and has been in the hospital ( his kidneys shut down, and he contacted pneumonia). I'll be more on top of things from here on out.

Aphotic

OK so a lil late with the pics but here they are. The first few are what things look like after the final trim.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is a pic of some mushrooms that popped up from my soil, I'm pretty stoked that the soil is happy enough for these guys, I wish I would have taken some pics when they were fresh. You can also see in the pic some been meal on the mulch, some fruit fly's had gotten in the room and I've found when ever I see any fly's if I just sprinkle a little on top the flies vacate!

picture.php

Aphotic

Here are some pics of the first flowers popping up! When I took these pics a few days ago it had been 2 weeks side the flip to flower.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is a shot from the day the clones were transplanted, its fun to see the side by side. Transplant day was may 4th, its now been a month.

picture.php

Aphotic

Now here are some closeups of the flowers, I'm really impressed at how fast things are moving along, and these are some of the healthiest plants I've ever grown, I love notill. The only thing these plants have received so far is ACT (aerated compost tea), I've used microbe mans basic recipe. The plants are watered with this every time I water. Every batch of tea I inspect with my phase contrast microscope for proper microbial load.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Well that's it for the pics!

Aphotic

I'm not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but the girls are looking and smelling very yummy! I'll be taking pics tonight and logging an update.

I must say this has been the most trouble free grow I've ever done and the plants have been very happy the entire time. The only issue I had, that wasn't really an issue were some fruit or fungus fly's a couple of times, all I did for that was sprinkle a tiny bit of neem meal over the top of the soil and they are nowhere to be found in under 24hrs. I've been chop and dropping any prunings to the plants, and they've had a few borage leaves here and there, though not enough to do a layer, just a couple hand fulls. Besides that I water with compost tea every time I water and the plants love it, and that's it, nothing else!

Oh and I got some new hoods, just installed them last night, and I'm super impressed, $100 a piece brand new with a 5 year warrenty can't beat that, and they are beasts!!!, I'll snap some pics of those too.

Well if anyone does stop by this thread say hello so I know I'm not just talking to myself with these posts :)

Aphotic

Ok so I took some pics, sorry about the quality I tried using my headlamp to give a more accurate color but it didn't work very well, I'll have to bring some other lights in and turn off the hps lamps for the next round of pics.

picture.php

Ok so adding pics with my phone is borderline impossible, I'll add more when I'm on my tablet.

Aphotic

OK so on my tablet now, so here's some more pics :)

Here's the new hoods andapic of the old
picture.php

picture.php

Huge step up in quality, about the same price, go figure. The brand is thunder, and I love them, the old hoods Ipower and were crap, the left a shadowing the center of the canopy and on the edges. Plus I had to put them together and buy all new nuts and bolts because they came with the equvialant of twist ties to assemble. I had to redrill holes because the they had zero quality control when building them, just the worst!

Here's another canopy pic, the tempered glass on the hoods measures 37" x 27.5" and throw down a nice even light.

picture.php

Here's a few flower pics!

picture.php

Aphotic

Hit the pic limit, here's some more.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oh and I have mushrooms coming up in all my beds, pretty rad for the soils first run!

picture.php

Aphotic

Nice work!

Thank you folks fortfort the encouragement, and in particular thank you Microbeman, your posts and website along with a few others is the reason I decided to make the switch to notill, and build my first aaact brewers. I also picked up an old Olympus phase contrast microscope. Anyways I'm hooked on notill and hooked on act. Along with a huge paradigm shift in my practices in every aspect of my farm as well as the grow room.

I cannot thank you enough,
Aphotic

Aphotic

This is surely a topic for its own thread, but has anyone had experience with strains that release more than normal ammouts of pheromones? I received 3 unknown strains from some local old timers. Anyways since their introduction my mom room goes into flower each time my flower room is in the first two weeks of flower, my moms begin to flower and stretch, and then stop growing for a good 3 weeks or so. In fact they just started growing again a little while back. I keep my moms pruned to an acceptable size and select branches for my clones early on, this creates an issue because of the stoppage of growth, all my would be clones are barely big enough to clone :(

I'm planning on keeping some dads with the moms in the future and I imagine they will also flower to some extent.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aphotic; I've not encountered this. It sounds odd/unique. I wonder if there are some other unknown influences at play.

Is there a way that you could describe the events as they unfolded in detail and fairly accurately chronologically?

Aphotic

Aphotic; I've not encountered this. It sounds odd/unique. I wonder if there are some other unknown influences at play.

Is there a way that you could describe the events as they unfolded in detail and fairly accurately chronologically?

I'll give it a shot when I'm done working today. I also plan on documenting everything I can next cycle, after that I planned on attempting to single out the strain responsible by excluding strains in groups from my flower cycle, at first I had planned on leaving one out each cycle, but that could take a couple of years, so I'll do it in groups of threes, and try to get lucky.

Aphotic

My crops are usually pretty pungent but this time around it seems doubly so, it hits you like a wall when you walk into the room. Another thing I've noticed are smells that my strains have never produced before, I can only imagine how they'll taste :)

Terpine production seems to have been boosted, I'm guessing this is coming from both the soil conditions and the companion planting. I was reading about specific plants thast boost terpine production when grown with cannabis, anyone have any experience with that, if so any suggestions of what to plant?

Latest posts

Latest posts