What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my first indoor grow

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup - 50 posts to be able to edit yada yada

they look good man

Keep it simple.

less is more.

Keep in mind - deficiencies and problems visually distinguishable in plants is not the first sign of the problem. When you can actually see the damage done by something not right - its already 2 weeks old - and the plant has been dealing with it. So you might be creating a problem now but won't see it till next month.

Commercialized professionals send in live tissue culture samples to be examined for problems.

with taht said mate - you are playing the role of God with your garden - we all do - do what your heart and instincts tell you and learn from it - write these things down - dont' just do it - later you will want to know what you did that fixed everything or ruined it all.

Just smile and relax and take it seriously,the girls will appreciate the attention and you will reward yourself later. So smile now so you can relax later I guess idk :)

Give your plants good vibes and they will give em back also be patient.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Hey there LULZZ, welcome to ICMAG, glad your here, it is a great place to stick around and learn. Looks like you have a real slick setup there, you should be getting some grade A stash if you focus and stick to it.

Peace

lulzz

@lyryc

good point there, im not gonna ignore it until i see visible problems, its recently that it went down in ph cause i checked runoff few times and it was looking good there, on monday i will get a good ph meter and fix the problem hopefully

they are standing in my living room and during light periods i have the tent open mostly, so im watching them for many hours each day, making sure everything looks good, every time i do something to them i try and watch its reactions, the only thing i noticed so far was that they shot 5-10 cm in 1.5 day 2nd time they got feeding, else its just been slow growing healthy plants

@ sativadragon

thanks mate, yeah i hope too that flowering will go as good as veg did, then i might get a pretty decent harvest for my first grow, i tried quite a few skunks, still limited here in denmark, but silver haze was always my #1 favorite, so cant wait to taste my own, still a bit piss'd i didn't get SSH right away, but maybe its ok that i get some time to learn and get the last needed gear before i spend a ton on seeds

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Hey Man , how about I live with you and grow your stash and I can enjoy Denmark. :)
I am a Dutch Canadian but I absolutely love your country.

As far as the plants go, I found DWC easier than Soil, it is not the same but if you want things easier in your climate. Deep water culture hydro will eliminate all the soil in winter, it is easier cause the waste goes down the drain, or on Tomato plants in the summer which the ladies like for cooking and I love for Tomato and bacon sandwhich...

mmm

Peace

lulzz

Hey Man , how about I live with you and grow your stash and I can enjoy Denmark. :)
I am a Dutch Canadian but I absolutely love your country.

As far as the plants go, I found DWC easier than Soil, it is not the same but if you want things easier in your climate. Deep water culture hydro will eliminate all the soil in winter, it is easier cause the waste goes down the drain, or on Tomato plants in the summer which the ladies like for cooking and I love for Tomato and bacon sandwhich...

mmm

Peace

you're welcome :D

ill look into that dwc, before i start next grow i think im gonna double the tent, or at least 50% more, then i might do a slightly diff system

lulzz

from the time i put them into 12/12 and until last night all the new growth turned lime green, then from last night until today earlier it went dark green again, just after they got feeding, but today some of the new growth is starting to turn lime green slowly again

i know that i have some ph problems, the runoff at that feeding was around 5.5, about 30 mins ago i flushed them with clean tap water around ph 8, the runoff came out around 6.5 so its getting back to good now, still gonna check with a proper meter tomorrow

about the lime green growth, some say its mg, other say its iron, and some say that all of their grows their plants goes lime green in start of flowering and then turns more green with time, but with me, it turned dark over night, and then starting to turn lime again, so i don't know what to think

im going to the headshop tomorrow and getting a good quality ph + ec meter, if there is something i could buy and add to help to the lime green growth, what could it be?

T

The_Core

Hey Lulzz, Mine still have a decent green color, not light green but not so dark. I am about to hit them with 330 PPM x500 scale with that biobizz I showed you. If your plants are growing great and your not having any problems except they are turning light green I would keep bumping up the PPMs gradually until you hit that sweet spot for flowering. Dial back the Nitrogen during your flower, you wont need as much as you will be flushing your plants soon anyway.

lulzz

Hey Lulzz, Mine still have a decent green color, not light green but not so dark. I am about to hit them with 330 PPM x500 scale with that biobizz I showed you. If your plants are growing great and your not having any problems except they are turning light green I would keep bumping up the PPMs gradually until you hit that sweet spot for flowering. Dial back the Nitrogen during your flower, you wont need as much as you will be flushing your plants soon anyway.

from what i read, lime green growth is not good, its some sort of nutrient deficiency, and it effects and slows the growth, so i wonna get this fixed as fast as possible

im 98 % sure its because my ph is locking out some micro nutes, some of the nutes that has to do with chlorophyll production in new growth, im giving them everything that biobizz has so i doubt its something that isn't there, just this damn ph locking it out

at this flusing 4 run off came at 6.5 and 1 at 5.8, so most of them should be okey now, its night time atm so i cant see how it looks, but i will know tomorrow

lulzz

today it looks kinda good again, only the biggest plant with 6 shoots is still a bit lime green, i assume its because this plant got 2-5 times more new growth to suck in chlorophyll to, will hopefully settle within the next days

so i went shopping today

400 dollar receiver for 200 dollar after chatting a bit with the store seller, sweet :)

hanna digital ph meter

HM digital ec meter with temp calculator

storing and calibrating fluids

gonna check out the ph and ec a bit later, will let you know how it went

Attachments

• 20131230_165654.jpg
    20131230_165654.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 19

lulzz

i did a quick test of the some of the runoff and my tap water

ph on runoff was 6.7, so thats pretty good, was only on 1 pot tho

the ec meter tells me my tap water had an ec of 1.0, about 500-650 ppm? i cant find the right conversion for my reading so its somewhere between 500 and 650

then i tested some of the runoff, and it reads a ec of 4.7, about 2400-3000 ppm, is that not insane high values?

T

The_Core

today it looks kinda good again, only the biggest plant with 6 shoots is still a bit lime green, i assume its because this plant got 2-5 times more new growth to suck in chlorophyll to, will hopefully settle within the next days

so i went shopping today

400 dollar receiver for 200 dollar after chatting a bit with the store seller, sweet :)

hanna digital ph meter

HM digital ec meter with temp calculator

storing and calibrating fluids

gonna check out the ph and ec a bit later, will let you know how it went

Looks like you have a nice lineup there. Ready to get things really dialed in!

T

The_Core

i did a quick test of the some of the runoff and my tap water

ph on runoff was 6.7, so thats pretty good, was only on 1 pot tho

the ec meter tells me my tap water had an ec of 1.0, about 500-650 ppm? i cant find the right conversion for my reading so its somewhere between 500 and 650

then i tested some of the runoff, and it reads a ec of 4.7, about 2400-3000 ppm, is that not insane high values?

EC 1.0 = 700 ppm x700 scale
EC 1.0 = 500 ppm x500 scale

Your tap out of the faucet is 500 PPM?! Damn that is some strong Tap. That will definitely effect how you fertilize, thats for sure.

Runoff at 2400-3000?! EC of 4.7 is insane high!

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
take a picture of the plants for us please and yes the new growth is always light in color so a picture will really help but I think everything is going well - nice come up!

Also when you move plants into flower - they have to adjust so sometimes it looks like sulfur deficiencies or magnesium but really its just like you said - the chlorophyll.

:wave:

T

The_Core

Lulzz. You have nutrient buildup in your soil because you are over fertilizing and your plant is not using enough of the nutrients, and when you water you are adding more and pushing some out of the bottom. Also incorrect PH can cause lockout and therefore your plant wont use what you are giving them and it will build up in the soil. Either way with a runoff that high i would expect you will be experiencing issues with over-fertilization or lockout. Your pH of 6.7 sounds great so instead of lockout I just think you are giving your plants way too much feeding strength in the water. I would dial back your BioBizz strength and see if your plant starts to use the nutrients it has in the soil. That is my suggestion. But as they say if its not broke don't try to fix it. How do the plants look?

Latest posts

Latest posts