What's new

My First Hydro Grow!! E&F

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
the timer is for my light, thats the point of it handling 3000watts and 30amps INDUCTIVE.... we got loads of other types, including plug on bits that break a minute on a normal timer, down to shorter times. But as I say this is only meant for switching on onad off once a day, so I only need 7 of each anyway. This timer is sold specifically on the point that it is heavy duty and has has the relay inside it which means I can run my 1000watter, and...everything else without needing a contactor if I wanted to, but I aint , just the light and one of the oscillating fans, which are in the flower room.
as for the other thing...I get carried away, and if sum1 asks, I reply where they ask, u oply had to say sumthing,

wikidcalibudgrl

Hey there Friends! :friends:

Thought I'd give ya another quick update,, mainly on the little skunk's, but I also included one of the rest of the Ladies too :wink:
Here's the two healthy Skunk's ( unknown strain, but SKUNKY at harvest) :canabis: These are 19 days old,, from seed.

The last pic there shows one set of leaves a little dropy today :confused: only waterin by hand twica a day,,so :confused: :chin: But still green and growin off the hook,, think at this rate they'll outgrow the short plants in the table in a week or two!! :biglaugh:
And here's the whole table,, the baby skunk's are completly covered, they're behind the NL's! :biglaugh: ! The NL's fan leaves are looking saggy today too,, might just be the cold though.They are on 4 watering per day( never went to 5 like i planned too) The table floods for 8 mins every 6 hrs. Then it takes another 8-9mins to completly drain.
The nutes are up to 930 right now. I'll be doing a rez change tomarrow morning, and i found my bottle of SM-90, so I may give um a shot of that into the rez too. Ohhh,, btw, I'll be doing a H2O2 treatment B4 adding back in the nutes at 50/50 GH Grow & Bloom mix. :abduct: Be safe all!!! :joint:

Last edited:

wikidcalibudgrl

Hey there Ic'ers :wave:
OH: got your pm,, TYTY!! I went out at 6:30 this morning and all the leaves are perky and raised no droopin today! Still gunna increase waterings to 6 per day, do my rez change today + H2o2 treatment. The NL's are just BOOMIN!! My guy i got um from said "we'd see" about the difference in growth rates in the different plants,, he sure was right! We'll be cloning the NL's for a friend here in the next day or two, not gunna clone the little ladies and might just throw these ladies into flower, as I'll be getting some Awesome beans soon from,, :wink: you know who you are!! I'll post more pic in like 3-5 days!! Keep it green and Keep it clean guys!!!

Hey wikid ,
glad to hear that the plants are nice and perky today :joint: as they get bigger your gonna have to play around with your watering times to see what they like best , but i'd say that a flood cycle every 2 hours during lights on is a good place to start , remember that since their under a 1000 watt hps that it's going to dry them out quite fast.
what i can suggest to you is try flooding them the first thing at lights on and then spread out the other four cycles through out the day and then 1 hour before lights out flood them again , this way their getting some water every 2 hours and they'll never have time to run low on water, and dont bother with a flood cycle in their night phase , they cant use it anyways .

talk with ya soon

wikidcalibudgrl

OK,, I did my rez change today as planned, and did the ol H2O2 treatment as well. Got my new rez too! doesn't flex at all when filled :biglaugh: Shoulda seen my face as the last one started flexin :eek: got one crack at the top, above the water line but still made me nervous as hell. And this rez is dark in color so No light gets through to the solution anymore. I waited 2 1/2hrs after the h2o2 treatment b4 adding my nutes back in(just got it all mixed b4 the last feeding TYTY :rolleyes: :biglaugh: ) I have raised the ppm again, as the plants still could be alot greener IMO, b4 they were at 930 now they're at a ppm of 1290. (30 gl Rez)I put in 200ml. micro(ppm650) , 375ml Grow(ppm1200) , 100ml Bloom(ppm1290). Now that being said, by the bottle I could've put in 450mlGrow 300ml micro & 300ml Bloom,,, so I gave up a little bit so if they show no burn in two-three days I'll be happy:smile: ( beings that it was ppm930, I only raised it 360ppm's so i think they'll do fine,, & like I said they still could be a lot greener, like this ~>:canabis:)! Aslo added in 45ml. SM-90 :rolleyes: switched to 6 waters per day/lights on 20/4 . Ph is 5.5 . Room temp stayin' an ambient 70. RH of 47-59 :chin: :whip: :whip: :biglaugh:

wikidcalibudgrl

:wave: Highya! Well I was a little worried bout raising the ppm's that much at once , but this morning the plants look awesome, and they've already eatin nutes too! it was at 1290 last night and it's 1250( first time i seen um actully go down) this morning! All are perky and happy lookin' :smile: I don't know why I was so worried, but not anymore! Happy Happy, Joy Joy!!:biglaugh:MOre pics in a few days:wink:

:headbange Wonderful wikid Wonderful :headbange
just keep an eye on your plants uppper most leaf tips , those will be the first to show you signs of over ferting , that's how i guage how hard i can push a plants nutrient regime , when you see the slightest signs of rust or yellow coloring their at their max.

You GO girl ! :D

Sleepy

Veteran
:wave: :yummy: :canabis:

Ooooooooooo, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...(think "The Price Is Right") :biglaugh:

hey, they are lookin fine!!!-nice & green.

good job, wikid!!! :joint:

Bonzo

Veteran
Howdy wikid, :wave: if Sleepy didnt ask i was gonna! They look great! :friends: Thier really rollin' now, great job girlie. peace,Bonzo :D

wikidcalibudgrl

Just a quick word on this one! As per OH's warning i kept a close eye on the tips and seen just very small tip burn so the nutes are now back to 1060. But they're kickin into "high" gear now! We'll update with new pics in a few more days :wink:

p.s. My sis gwfh is goin through some chit right now (medical wise), I'm not gunna say exactly what here outa respect for her and we not knowing for sure soo,,I haven't got to talk to her yet myself, only mom, all your prayers will help her though!!! Peace

hi wikid , i hope everything is alright with your sis , i was alittle busy this weekend and just saw this , tell her i wish her well .

talk with you soon

:friends:

wikidcalibudgrl

TY OH!! I'll pass on the best wishes to her
:frown: I still haven't been able to get ahold of her,, think she's been at a friends house all weekend :confused: ,,, I wish she'd get a hold of me, or come up ,, I sooo want to give her a big hug and talk about whats goin on. We'll know for sure whats going on on the 11th.. until then she's and the rest of our family are stressing.... so GOOD VIBES(or prayers, which ever you, or anyone else does,,,,) would be greatly appreciated!!

:confused: are you alright wikid ? , try not to think about it right now , untill you hear from her theres nothing you can do and worrying and stressing aint good for you either.

talk with ya soon

O H

samonz

Hey wicked, awsome grow.
Could you tell me what date you planted the tallest plants into the pebbles.
Thanks

wikidcalibudgrl

Hey there Samonz :wave:

they all went into the 8" net pots and table on the 28th of Feb. They were all clones taken at the same time, but of different strains. The biggest two are the NL's ( #5 i was told) the other four of them are Nebula( thought we'd got one HomeGrownFantasy too but after our friend came by for a looky-loo he said he musta not gave us one of those afterall :rolleyes: ohh well).
The NL's grow alot faster then the Nebuls do by far, but the one Neb that I didn't do LST on is almost as tall as one of the NL's,, so they're catching up. They've all been exploding with growth since uping the ppm's to 1060 and waterings per day to 6x's. The two smallest plants in the table are Skunk, they were just put into the table yesterday and seem to be doing well there, so I'm hoping i won't need to pull them out due to over watering/too much nute problems,, no signs of burn yet :smile:
LMAO,, talk about mishaps :eek: ,, when i went out to water the little skunks (and later deciding to stick um in the table) i picked one up and the other one tip over sideways, dumping half the Hydroton out the pot :cuss: :spank: THEN,, after cursing ma-self out I watered and put it down, went to grab the other and IT FELL OVER TOO!!! :bashhead: :rolleyes: But it was cool i got to see the roots of both of them and they looked so good and healthy! I shoulda taken a pic of one of them with the roots showing as I had my camera in my pocket, but was so freaked about them spilling in the first place i just gently put all the rocks back into um B4 thinking even thinkin about it :rolleyes: !! LMAO Hehehe ,,,,, Ohhh,, btw,, the other little skunk in the small tray is doing better,, i might just keep "her" !! We'll see....
Well gotta :Bolt: Keep it Green and Keep it Clean!! :friends:

Latest posts

Latest posts