What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my first grow

rafe

I started my beans at the same time you did. Your's are almost a layer of leaves higher above me. So good luck my friend. The next thing if you are out of room is to train them to bend over without breaking the the stalk. The girls all were crazy about Norbert. He was a stud. I'll talk with you later, Ralph

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Always blows me away to see suuuuuper long stems and almost no leaves at 1 month old.

I did so much research before I started growing.... I never saw that. Just short, thick stemmed, bushy plants. :D (and I ran mostly sativas. LOL)

I firmly believe using the Lucas Formula allows me to do that since I'm at full strength for the lighting starting at week 2.5. If your nutrient is slightly too high in, say nitrogen... you won't be able to mix a full strength solution for the other elements without getting a bit of nitrogen toxicity. Lucas is 'balanced'... very soft nutrient I guess you could call it. :D

Stay Safe! :D

rafe

I'll be quick. It takes 50 before you can get messages. The other games should ciuxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Hugs and Kisses. Peace, Ralph

atomos

an update

Attachments

• .jpg
    .jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 8

atomos

these plants have been moved from the miracle grow to a bubble bucket thing (bucket with nutrients and two air lines) if anyone can tell me if i have a male or female in those pics i would be appreciative.

phr0st

It doesnt look like they are showing sex yet. You could take a cutting and put it into a flowering light cycle such as 12/12 and wait to determine sex that way.

another option is to just wait until they show sex in flower and toss out males as they pop up

rafe

Good luck man and remember consider getting some room to spread or at least have them grow horizontally.

atomos

i've been working on building a cab. 4 ft x 3ft x 7 ft. its been keeping me busy. I've been trimming the plants and keeping them in the vegetative state until the cab is completed.

Seedlin

Atomos I'm starting on a 4x8x7 cab. What wattage light(s) are u gunna use? This is my 1st run at indoor. Gunna try Hempy bucket method. I'll be askin alot of questions here...

rafe

Your plants look just like they should. I have about 6 strains growing and I have clone from all of the females. The males usually show about 10 days before the females. Some people can tell females real early. I just flat wait because the female isn't ready to get the pollen so wait until she shows. I have 2 plants that were started the same as yours from seed. We are pretty much the same. Good luck man!

Merry Christmas! I hope all is well, (and green) on your home front! I can't wait to see picks of the new cab and the ladies!

-All4TheLuvOfIt

atomos

hey guys! i needed to take a much needed break. i work as a therapist and between november and december my life is hell. the cell keeps ringing after hours and i find myself working all the time. I needed to take a mental break and relax (went outdoor bound for about 10 days). so here i am, back in action :) news on the new cab. its being built!!!! it is 4 ft by 3 ft by 7ft grow area with a 600 watt dim-able ballast that can run MH & HPS. i've had some loses in my grow. due to my schedule 3 out of 7 plants died; the other 4 are looking really good. i hope to post pictures of the new set up by the end of january. things are beginning to calm down at work so i can devote more time to growing. thanks for following my posts and sorry for my absence.

atomos

here are pics of the NEW CAB just built. I really need input on what fan to get. im planning on making a carbon filter from the ITY page. i dont really know what type of medium/system im going to use. im thinking of using bubble buckets because i already have a few air pumps and buckets in storage. Any and all advice, info, and tips are welcome.

Attachments

• 100_3071.jpg
    100_3071.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_3070.jpg
    100_3070.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_3069.jpg
    100_3069.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_3068.jpg
    100_3068.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_3067.jpg
    100_3067.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_3066.jpg
    100_3066.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_3072.jpg
    100_3072.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 8
The new cab looks good! I would paint the whole thing flat white or get some sort of reflective material up. I would also cover that carpet up, no matter how careful you are, it will get ruined, and you don't want the fibers from it blowing around and getting stuck to your buds when your in flower!

-All4TheLuvOfIt