What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first cartridges

filpress

Hi at all, thanks to your many advices I was able to create my first cartridge. I pressed 5g of Moroccan Hash at 176f for 90 sec. and then decarb for 30 min at 220f. The rosin liquefied and then hardened again immediately. Next, I reheated everything to a lower temperature again and put it in the cartridge. However, my cartridge does not shoot well compared to the one you buy. The product inside is very dense and when I shoot you have to heat the pen a lot and it doesn't make as much smoke as the commercial ones. Can anyone help me? In a few hours I will also add pictures of my cartridges.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I wish I was there to take a hit or two with you friend. Try using rosin bags when you heat to make the texture thinner.

filpress

CIAO,
Dai un'occhiata all'inverno, dovrebbe rendere il tuo estratto più fluido.
Would this also make the wax lighter? I am attaching a photo of my first cartridge

20230320_150051.jpg

mme_oscar

You mean lighter in color? If so maybe a little but I think a lot of colors pigments got a good affinity with alcohols and therefore won't solve this problem.
If you mean lighter weight wise, it certainly will and that's the aim (removing harsh unwanted compounds).
Also you can thin your extract with adding some terpens.

Honestly I'm not the one to listen as I don't do rosin nor cartridges. But the less lipids in my bho, the less goey my extract. I try not to pick up colours and waxes to begin with. But it's a different process.
I suggest you visit future4200, there's a lot of knowledge there and a lot of cartridge maker.

Ciao

velorex

did quite a bit of experimenting. could never get the right concistency. i'm not a fan of any of the dilutants used, so i just vape the rosin in a pen made for solid oil. so much easier.
as for the color, that's from the material. i also press a lot of moroccan and it's always quite dark. no amount of post press magic can change that nasty color.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
did quite a bit of experimenting. could never get the right concistency. i'm not a fan of any of the dilutants used, so i just vape the rosin in a pen made for solid oil. so much easier.
as for the color, that's from the material. i also press a lot of moroccan and it's always quite dark. no amount of post press magic can change that nasty color.
It all really comes down to how well it makes you feel friend. If you are happy with the results it doesn't matter what it looks like. Very interesting topic.

filpress

Ok I thought it was wrong pressure or heat. Which pen do you use? I've seen many on the net but I would like one that I can take on the road.

filpress

It all really comes down to how well it makes you feel friend. If you are happy with the results it doesn't matter what it looks like. Very interesting topic.
the problem is that it pulls very little like this and you need to heat the pen a lot as a result the flavor is not the best. Yesterday I tried to add 0.5ml of wax liquidizer in 1g of rosin but the taste changes a lot
20230310_163105 (1).jpg

Last edited:

velorex

Ok I thought it was wrong pressure or heat. Which pen do you use? I've seen many on the net but I would like one that I can take on the road.
i mostly use an old kandypens prism+. i even break it out on the airplane. sadly they don't sell them anymore. not a fan of their new chrystal model. there are plenty others to choose from, depends on your budget and location.

Latest posts

Latest posts