What's new

my female seed phobia is it warrented ???

kg beans

ive been through 3 packets of ssb skunk no1 in the last year,not one of em smelled anything like cheese or for that matter the skunks i used to have in the late 80s early 90s(its easy to see where the cheese pheno come from),the recent ones are completely different from the original ones imo,may have to look @ seedsman or possibly the flying dutchmans the pure!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
doc,,,if your with me on my reserch i gota tell you something,,,its only useless for outcrosses bro,,,if that clone was the best plant you had ever smoked in your life,,,i would have done the work to remove the intersexed traits, im sure i would have falen in love with it too,,

according to ALL my reserch i can quickly remove intersexed traits from a line via feminization,,so if you see an ultra clone again doc,,,keep her bro,,please,,,

im a lil bit gutted about female seeds,,,,,,was the polen fertile doc?

I have grown a few crops of Fem'd seeds out.

No hermies, no problems.

Currently running some Fem'd Cheese.

I personally love them for the amount of time they save me!

In fact, the only hermie I've ever had came from bagseed.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im a lil bit gutted about female seeds,,,,,,was the polen fertile doc?

Most of the S1 Grapefruit seeds got crushed and thrown in the bin... a few survived in what was called the "KD Mix",, a jumble of seeds collected by Kerbdog and myself during Saturday morning smoke outs from unstable buds,, including Grapefruit from female seeds.. the mature Grapefruit mums did however grow nice outdoor in dem woods,, the older the line got,, clone and mothers,, the more nanas and self seeds were displayed tbh. the twxcheese 2005 and old boy blue selfed seeds where fertile,, but we didnt try the grapefruits.. that's all i can really remember rick :D

Some of the newer feminized stables we never had any problems (male flowers) with include GreenHouse Seeds, Magus Genetics, and Royal Queen Seeds :yes: They always made 100% female plants in different gardens,, and some also made for nice stable clone stock... like Critical.

Edit: phobias of any kind are unhealthy,, often once the unknown is understood ,, the subject matter becomes illuminating

Hope this helps

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
honestly man,,im ashamed to be a fem supporter when the friggin seed companys dont back me up by working the line propperly and targeting a niche enviroment that the plant WILLNOT show intersex expreshon in,,,,

you did some good work and the friggin seed company didnt back you up,,,,they didnt remove the intersex isses from the line doc,,,honestly man they coulda done it via selfing,,,givin us a bad name bro,,givin you crap seeds,,

yep,,,the critical is good,,,im smokin it now

its got alot better after a medium cure,,,,this 1 is allready gettin old now,,,the taste and high has improved massivly,,its probbly decarboxilated nicely now

56d8bdbb26.jpg

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just food for thought...perhaps a breeder has a line worked to an acceptable level, when it comes to the intersex trait, and actually concentrated more on other aspects the plant had to offer? A strain doesn't have to have the intersex completely worked out of it to be a marketable keeper.
Some breed towards a specific aroma, or color. While others may breed toward resin production and vigor. The intersex trait is most always there, and if it can be selected for and worked out while still achieving the other goals, then fantastic. But things don't always work out and we may not get the whole enchilada, and we must settle.
I try not to rush to too many conclusions about hermies showing anyway. It is part of canna life.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats very true hooz,,,,you make a very good point,,,,,sometimes im juts happy to set something tasty or unique,,,,,

but when it comes to seedcompanys,,,i think anything with intersexed issues should be clealy detailed in the discription,,,,id happily take an intersexed line if it has amazing flavour,,,but please lets detail it in the discription,,,,if pogeny tests have been done propperly im sure someone could do a good science writeup,,,,

id be thankfull to gotahold of anything tasty,,,,,but most of my selctions are baced on taste,,,,some peeps selections are baced on chashcroping,,,,,,,

atleast i could mold an intersexed line into whatever i wanted,,,once seed companys start overworking there origonal stock there compitance shows through,,,,,everything dutch is allmost dull nnowadays thanks to shoddy breeding tacktics

johnbobit

So if they are breeding towards color taste or smell and not all female then they shouldn't sell it as a fem only................they should put it where it belongs under the HERMI category .IF THEY CAN'T GET A LINE TO PRODUCE ALL FEMALE PLANTS IT SHOULDN'T BE MARKETED AS ONE. very simple. False advertising is worse then stealing to me, take my money but don't make me waste 3 months of my life

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The intersex trait exists within most plants on some level. Some have it very latent in their genetic map and only extreme stress will bring it out. Some have it dominating their genes and these plants will most likely pass on the trait as dominant in it's progeny.
The latter are easy to find and select out, and I am certain that you aren't going to find many commercials seeds being sold that have a high propensity to hermie, fem or not.

Now, a breeder may know that his strain carries the latent intersex gene, and he may know that if you hose up the lighting, or stress it in some way out of the ordinary, it may show the intersex trait. But perhaps he knows that the strain won't show intersex when grown in optimum conditions? Is he responsible for the hosed up grows that end up having nanners? I think not.

Also, another thing to consider...are you buying recreational cannabis, or breeding stock?
Did the breeders description tell you it was good stock for a true breeder or breeding material at all?

Fem seeds are 100% female, no false advertising involved.
The level at which the intersex gene exists within any given strain is the question.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeh,,,,breeders should clearly explain the details of there strains!!,,,,an at the min most dont!!

1) if its NOT breeding stock,, WHY not?

2) if the line is sexualy bipotant,,, is it only sexualy bipotant after silver ions aplication or can an inapropreate niche enviroment trigger reversal,,,

breeding for a wider niche is good breeding tactics,,totaly stopping reversals in 99.% of possible enviroments is exactly what the parranoid peeps want,,,i say give it to them,,,keep em happy,,shut-down the dissapointment:)

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree that full disclosure is the best practice. Although folks like us here at ICMag are the minority, even though it may feel like everybody and their brother is chucking pollen these days. Fact is, we are very few in the grand scheme of things. The majority of seeds sold are ultimately for growing, and imbibing in, recreational and medicinal pot. Not as breeding stock.

I think that those of us who are serious have ample resources to investigate what is what these days. If not, then maybe we aren't really that passionate about it in the first place?
:dunno:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im afriaid you correct HD,,,

1080p :)

i think that the highest resoloution we can get,,,

i guess i sorta see things more clearly ,,:)

mule420

well this has been a great read !!

this is now i sum it ! - you have your old school and you have the new school !!

i can see the old schools point !!! self pollenation is the plants safty net ! its the last throw of the dice if you will ! its maybe its final trick its got up its sleve to asure it reproduces !! Yep you got it!

in other words its not something it idealy wants to do its a safty mechanism !! Yep

now to make natures last choice its 'death throws '

into the norm .................. well that has to have some sort of affect maybe not now maybe not 10 years but i belive it will !!
some sort of negitive effect no matter how it manefests itsself !!

and you have the new school !! all tests show there no problems from a scientific view point doin experiments and recording how the plant behaves !

there is no negitive effects all is wel!!l and plus you add in that the plants can do this naturaly well why is anyone even worrying !! Yep

thats what i take from it whos right n whos wrong .............. who knows !
You now know!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
id even go as far as to say ,,,,not only is it natural,,,,but us westerners have been forcing M/F ONLY breeding to happen caussing something im calling "genetic-overload"...lol

if you want to "geneticly-unload" your seedline you need to use XX x XX rather than XX x XY...lol

no sh1t,,

XX x XY causes a perpetuation of Mullers Rachet and this is a form or Genetic load,,,,,

ya gota unload once in a while man:)

take a chill ,,:)

mule420

Just food for thought...perhaps a breeder has a line worked to an acceptable level, when it comes to the intersex trait, and actually concentrated more on other aspects the plant had to offer? A strain doesn't have to have the intersex completely worked out of it to be a marketable keeper.
Some breed towards a specific aroma, or color. While others may breed toward resin production and vigor. The intersex trait is most always there, and if it can be selected for and worked out while still achieving the other goals, then fantastic. But things don't always work out and we may not get the whole enchilada, and we must settle.
I try not to rush to too many conclusions about hermies showing anyway. It is part of canna life.

Yah free fem seeds really piss me off when I buy a sack every once in awhile and find one :jump:...It all starts from a seed... If WE find the right plants to cross to we can take the intersexed trait out of the equation Huh... Peace and puffs HD

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just the other day i was praying id find a seed in a bag of weed i bought,,,,^^^^man has a fukin good point,,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can actualy breed a trait tht ensures the peeps who smoke have the seeds to grow

clever!!!