What's new

my dog got hit by a car this morning

R

randude101

Here is some of my family.

Slim, is a Sheltie. A mini version of a Collie. A great dog. I have had three so far.

Attachments

• slim.jpg
    slim.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 11
  • slim and scrappy.jpg
    slim and scrappy.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 11
  • bella mississippi trip.jpg
    bella mississippi trip.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 12
R

randude101

I had to put Slim down because he was accused of biting someone

He would nip and bark at people that got too close to the fence. He patrolled the fence and would run the length of it barking at people.

I am at this fair down the street, and get a call that my dog bit someone. I come home to find the boy (mid teens), his mother and a cop. Cop tells me he has to take the dog in. There was a lady that lived across the street from me that didn't like our dogs, and she had called the police many times over 20 years claiming my dogs were dangerous. The bite was all the proof that the police needed to take my dog in. Our home owners insurance was going to cancel if we didn't get rid of the dog, no if or butts. The boys injuries were not consistant with a dog bite. They were on his bicep which would have to mean that his arm was well over the fence. It looked like scratches, not a bite. The marks looked scuffed, if you know what I mean. I pointed it out to the cop and the cop told me there was nothing I could say there on the spot to stop him from taking my dog away. Between the insurance and everything else we had to give him up.

I waited for weeks to hear about the law suit. It never come. The boy had went directly to the hospital from my house and his mother talked about suing us, so there was no doubt that was their plan. Because of the nature of the injuries I am certain that the boys doctor would not support a dog bite story.

I just let it go. I have lost a lot in my life and I do reflect on it, but I don't take action. You live longer if you don't always strike action. If someone touches me or someone I love it is their ass, but I draw the line at a dog. It is a close one though.

Buddle

Veteran
I've got a 15 1/2 yr old English Springer Spaniel.I've had him since he was 10 wks.I am going to have to put him down soon and its killing me.My thoughts are with all my fellow pet lovers..peace

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Yeah...my oldest is a 15+ year old girl.....don't wanna think about it. :badday:

Any updates AB ?

:joint: <----Good Vibes

M

Marywanna

Sorry to hear that happened to you randude.Working in rescue we see many JRTs turned in by owners because the dog bit a kid. People that don't teach their kids how to behave around dogs is the main reason. Where we live,even your dog is behind a secure fence,or on a leash on your property,if they bite some idiot it's the dogs owners fault. And they can sue you. Rather be with dogs and animals than humans. Marywanna

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
hope yer doggie is okie dokie smokie... After he/she gets better tell it to stay outta the streets and quit the gang... seriously hope its ok.. peace..

sack

AtomicBetty

Hey guys!

My boy is home and is going to be ok, yay! He broke his sacrum, which is the bone that attaches his pelvis to his spine. He's essentially going to be kenneled and prevented from any extensive walking for the next four weeks. But he's still got a thump in his tail, and when his pain meds wear off he's got happy ears and lots of kisses for us.

I've been down sick with him a lot the last week and we're in recovery together! Hee hee. :)

Thank you guys for all your love and good vibes. I think he's better for it. :joint:

xxo.
ab.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
G8T....newz...So so glad the little fella'z pull]in thru w/ fly'in colorz......
hope U all get well soon.......................:wave:

M

Marywanna

AB so good to hear he is doing well! You get better too,hear? Marywanna

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys!

My boy is home and is going to be ok, yay! He broke his sacrum, which is the bone that attaches his pelvis to his spine. He's essentially going to be kenneled and prevented from any extensive walking for the next four weeks. But he's still got a thump in his tail, and when his pain meds wear off he's got happy ears and lots of kisses for us.

I've been down sick with him a lot the last week and we're in recovery together! Hee hee. :)

Thank you guys for all your love and good vibes. I think he's better for it. :joint:

xxo.
ab.

good to hear hes on the mend Betty!!! ...He'll be chasin sticks before too long!!!
mrsb

krooks

i remeber like 2 or 3 years ago it was a hot ass day in the summer and i was remoddelling my house and i have no clue why but it just came into my head to close the window and i live on the 5th floor also and like 15 min later my red nose pit hears the neighbers dog bark out side he runs straight for the window jumps and hits his head into the window lol. well thank god i closed that window that day.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
I'm so glad to hear your little guy is gonna be okay. Pets are better than kids to me....losing one would be devastating.