What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My DIY LED grow light

vukman

Veteran
some lights off pictures..:)

I know I'm posting a lot of pictures but I'm kinda proud of this batch I got going here.....seeing it's only my 5th 'crop'...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thank you for taking the time to look...

vukman

Veteran
thank you gang... I think you can see why I am so proud on my little girls now..:D.....

Oh.........blessed be the Growing Gods.......:bow:...........heheh

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so i skimmed through a little trying to find what nutes/system you use? not the focus of the thread i guess but; curious

maybe i m a tech nerd or ? but; i like to see pix w/ the containers/hydro setup; lights & overall grow space

not a complaint tho {or even relevant to your thread} but; many threads here are sequences of bud shots ~which is cool {esp when one can observe the progress} just sometimes makes it like the mechanism is some secret OR {yikes!!} like everyone should just assume there's an HID lamp up there somewhere

vukman

Veteran
so i skimmed through a little trying to find what nutes/system you use? not the focus of the thread i guess but; curious

maybe i m a tech nerd or ? but; i like to see pix w/ the containers/hydro setup; lights & overall grow space

not a complaint tho {or even relevant to your thread} but; many threads here are sequences of bud shots ~which is cool {esp when one can observe the progress} just sometimes makes it like the mechanism is some secret OR {yikes!!} like everyone should just assume there's an HID lamp up there somewhere

Well, then my friend.. I'll take those pictures for you as soon as the lights come on and I get some coffee into me.

I will tell you unequivocally that I did not use any HID lighting in this grow. If you go to my albums and look at the 2 satellites and a kush album, it's pretty much in sequence from the start of the grow.

This one started with the two 'Blackstar' LEDs. Then I got the 'Bysen' lights which I ran until around 3 weeks ago. Maybe a month where I tried my DIY but had problems with the 660's (which still persist).

Soon thereafter...I put the Blackstars and the Bysens in together. I now have the set up with the 4 retail LEDs plus I put my HML back in as well but only run the whites and 630's.

Total wattage is approx 1000-1100W.

The nutrients used are a generic 20-20-20 for the vegetative cycle.
The flowering cycle is use Fox Farm's Tri-Pack (Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, Cha-Ching)
I have also added on occasion beetle crap/shit/droppings.......

May I die where I sit if I have used HID or any other sort of 'trickery'......

I'm a 47 year old man.. That might not mean much in today's world but to me it's everything.. Especially the man part of it. I do not find it necessary to be deceitful for any reason. Why? What would be the point? To stroke my ego? I would have gone to one of our commercial places and taken pictures there. We have Satellite's there with main cola's the size of 2L soda bottles. I think I have a few of those pictures in that album as well.

I've seen the best in mankind. I've seen the worst in mankind. I'm too old and too tired to play 'kid's games'.

I know you are not attacking my credibility or anything else but I just felt the need to elaborate a bit on who I am and my value system...

Thank you for reading..
Pictures coming in an hour or so....

vukman

Veteran
Okay.........created new album called "Proof"..

There are 19 images in there of the whole grow 'area' with nutrients, insecticides and tools.......

The only thing which has been altered is some areas which are personal have been blacked out.

So,,,,,,,have fun looking through the album and please do not hesitate to ask anything..........:)

Yours Truly
vukman

vukman

Veteran
My babies....My Girls.........showing some purple.....:peacock:

picture.php

picture.php

Tomorrow (Dec 23/12) will be 6 calendar weeks........almost time....almost...

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
look'n great my friend!

i recognize your nute reg ~just like i knew i would just didnt recall

please dont get me wrong by any means ~ my reference is to the forum in general and i have zero doubt about the nature of your grow

i also read that 'which chinese light' thread where you told 'em the one lamp was the same and got shit on ~ fuck those guys anyway

for the same money and a little soldering; they could build so much more deluxe a light w/ crees and lumileds! but, they'd rather pay for marketing hype

like the diamond lights which advertise cree emitters then have 4 of them w/ a cluster of chinese cheapies ~lol {for the same money they could build the same footprint light w/ all high end LEDs}

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
looking really solid vukman, those nugs are pretty dense and looks bubba and fast to flower which is never a bad thing.

Any thoughts on your next strains to run? Have any future plans on doing any seed grown runs or even possibly some pollen chucking projects in 2013 at all?

hope your holidays are growin well up there brother.

vukman

Veteran
Thank you everyone for all your kind words and comments....

As for the next run....Probably the Blue Satellite again and maybe a kush of some sort..Bubba or Purple I guess...very similar this is run except I'm going to use all the panels for the whole run..:D

To the question of how much longer I'm leaving them. Probably going to chop them on Sunday, December 30th which will make it an even 7 calendar weeks.

I haven't taken pictures yet but you can really see that they leaves are starting to turn purple on the tops but yellowing (quickly) from the bottom up which means the nutrients are used up in the soil and 'tis time to harvest...:D

Thank you all and

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vukman

Veteran
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all:

Sorry for my absence but busy busy busy and all that.. I hope everyone had a happy and safe Christmas.....

I'm working on the 'new place' so won't be posting that much so please excuse my lack of commenting and participating in the forum.. You're always all in my thoughts though...met a few straight up solid people here and I'm proud to call you my friends...

Here are some pictures from today (Saturday, Dec 29th).. I was thinking of chopping them down tomorrow which would be a full 7 calendar weeks of 12/12 but they're not willing to cloud up on me just yet.....My girls still have some growing to do I guess and yes, they're still putting on weight and adding new trichomes as well which I'm finding as a pleasant surprise!! heheh

Here are the images....enjoy.......

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Please be safe out there a few nights from now.. Remember, it's amateur night......as I call it ...

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.......:party:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Hey Brother,

Cutting the number of hours of light back to simulate a strains genome can pay dividends.

Last grow I went down to 10 hours of light. This time I went to 11.5. 10 provided more and bigger buds

Indica dom need less flowering light, Sats a bit more

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
great shots and can't wait to see the dry bud shots

have you smoked this cut before?

not sure if you covered this yet or not but what strains/clones are you going to run next?