What's new

My Current Grow - Harvest Photos

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
18. 'MoFlo' (Flo incross), version 1b - 59 days.

18. 'MoFlo' (Flo incross), version 1b - 59 days.

Well, this is the last of the series, and the last plant to be grown at this location - sad, but nice to end as we began - with a purple Flo. But this time it's MY version of a purple Flo, and what a beauty - at 30 inches tall. The purple/brown coloration of a couple of weeks ago has been replaced by the most gorgeous shades of red and gold, with almost black buds and bud-leaf.

Not only that, but the resin coverage is way higher than any of my previous efforts. The intermediate buds, normally quite small, are very large here, and the calyxes have the most amazing range of colors - this plant is so photogenic it's hard to take a crappy photo!

In terms of smell, this is the closest I've had to the original description of Nepalese Temple Hash - more so than any of the original seed generation. Crossing in the tiny indica-dom male seems to have tweaked the genes in my favour! It's earthy, chocolate, coffee, liquorice, aniseed and berry - incredibly complex really.

The most interesting feature is the small 'cauliflower' buds at the bottom of the plant - I've never seen this before on Flo. Maybe it's the nutes - dunno, but they're really strange. For popcorn buds though, they're pretty chunky - they're the smallest on the plant.

Altogether, a resounding success, as far as I'm concerned, and one bud (I wish I'd done more now) was pollenated with the purple MoFlo male for a few seeds to take this to generation 3: 'The Reckoning'...:)

Total Yield (manicured buds): 36 grams (1.3 ounces)

Last edited:
Those are killer shots Elevator Man, almost like another species with that cauliflower shot. Kinda like in DJ's book shots of Flo by Andre, was that your directional goal in your incross, textbook Flo? :yummy: And nice yield with the Black Domina crossed to the Maple Leaf Indica. Those kind of pics have to be at least 10 mp, and were any of them grown outdoors? How's that Skunk#1 x Flo treating you, slightly more sativa?

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well, I always thought that despite the great females I got, I never really got what DJ intended - the 'Nepalese' smell for example has only come out in the next generation on from the seed packet. But it does look a lot like AG's pics, though I've never quite got the flower clusters to look like those do! Outdoors, actually. they were more like that - it's a totally different-looking plant when grown outdoors.

None of these were grown outdoors, although I planted 15 outdoors yesterday - I have to move out in a month, so I'm using the countryside as storage space! :)

The Skunk X Flo is a revelation to be honest - this stuff is brilliant. Very sativa indeed, and incredibly tasty - like apples and apricots. Not much like the skunk in terms of taste or smell - it's like it's just provided a physical framework for Flo to do its thing on. I'm really regretting not keeping more of it, but I planted out another four yesterday, and a few friends are growing some too - that cross is a winner, even at this stage.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's keep this thread on top! Hey Eman...I'm watching the PoTM voting and I think you are going to have to go micro...get a micro lens and give us some mini mary jane images to nominate....LOL...Dr. Duck.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well...I wondered why no-one was voting this month - no macros! Goddamn consumerism....:)

Well, I refuse to pander to 'the popular vote', and will keep my art in the lofty heights, and with no flash either. I'm a purist you see...sigh...:)

HashishinReidi

Lovely looking buds there Em ,sounds like a ncie toke to, you dont have seem to get nice colours in your buds m8 ,thats forsure .

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Lovely looking buds there Em ,sounds like a ncie toke to, you dont have seem to get nice colours in your buds m8 ,thats forsure .
It's just daylight, believe it or not, and the single overhead room light. I have a big window in the living room, and so I don't need (or want) to use flash. It does require the use of a tripod, definitely, but I find long exposures produce much better color rendition. And assuming you have the patience to wait for the buds to stop wobbling every time you move the plant...:(

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
19. Grape Krush F2 - pheno#1 - 56 days.

19. Grape Krush F2 - pheno#1 - 56 days.

This is the most indica pheno of the three, and just about finished at eight weeks exactly. Space requirements made the harvest imperative, but I'm sure it could have gone another week happily - still, it looks delicious. The downside of this pheno is its dense leaf canopy and tight branching structure, which ensures that only the top buds develop properly - even LST was difficult with this one - it just doesn't want to bend!

Resin coverage is pretty good, though mostly restricted to calyxes. The smell is very sweet caramel/choc/hash - slightly spicy background, but not really fruity at all. If it smokes like it looks, I would expect this to be the most relaxing of the three, but you never can tell. Like all phenos, the buds are rock-hard, and don't look like they'll shrink much on drying. I'll post the yield as soon as it's done.

Total Yield (manicured buds): 31 grams (1.1 ounces)

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
20. Grape Krush F2 - pheno#3 - 56 days.

20. Grape Krush F2 - pheno#3 - 56 days.

Here's the 50/50 pheno - approximately halfway between the last pheno and the one still growing. This is a dead-ringer for some Blueberrys and True Blueberrys I've seen on the site - very purple up top, and giant calyxes, just as promised. The resin coverage is higher on this pheno, and is creeping along the budleaves too.

I've no idea what the yield will be, but I think it will be high - for the size of the plant anyway, which is 20 inches from the soil. The smell is wonderful - fruit/fuel mixed with mild coffee/choc/nutty - very complex, and reminiscent of my green Flo but with extra 'darkness'! The leaves are bigger on this pheno, but it branches much more readily, and can be bent into a more open position more easily, allowing more light through the canopy. Space was tight in my cabinet, and the 'tide-mark' can be seen quite clearly in the pigmentation.

For a plant grown from seed, I'm really pleased with the yield and vigour of this pheno - the buds are rock-hard like fleshy pine-cones. Vegged out properly in large pots from clones, this one will yield BIG...:)

Total Yield (manicured buds): 42 grams (1.5ounces)

Last edited:
G

Really, really nice plants. You can definitely tell they are part of the blue family, but they also have an obvious Afghan look overall, definitely should be a keeper among the three. Great work mate.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks mate - I'm really pleased with these. The sativa pheno should be done in two or three more days, and I'll pull down the Flo then as well.

Best bit is they hardly smell at all - in a bad way, I mean - they're hanging now and there's barely a whiff in the apartment...:)

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great images as usual from you EMan...and yes...the grow too! If I had not nominated an image already this month already for PoTM I would chose the image with the two colas in it, one out of focus in the background....pretty girls..DD

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks doobieduck - good to see you up early as usual...:)

I can't wait to taste these, though I have to say that the pheno still growing is the really exciting one for me.

And I don't think there's a personal limit on how many nominations you can make...:chin: