What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Current Grow - Harvest Photos

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks mate - the original 'green' Flo (the one with the ciggie behind its ear!) is still a permanent fixture for me, both outdoors and indoors - in fact, I'm chopping my next one in a couple of weeks. Nothing like the yield I used to get in my big growroom, but still good for the size, and the smell now it's done with organics is incredible...;)

indifferent

Veteran
I still need to try that green Flo myself. I've just upgraded my grow with 2 x 70W ceramic metal halides, 4 x 24W t5ho tubes, 4 x 18W CFLs and 4 x 9W UV CFLs so I have a total of 744W in there now, but not running it all 12/12, I have three seperate timers so I can simulate dawn, noon and sunrise with different levels of blue, red and UV so the Flo would be an ideal choice, is that one also liable to flower on 16 hours of light like the purple Flo does?

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
This is partly why I've run so many strains outdoors really, so I can get a good idea of trigger-times. That pheno shows buds outdoors around the 3rd-5th Sept., so I always went back to around Aug 25th to be the actual trigger-date, which is about 14 hours roughly I think.

The last time I tried a variable schedule, I vegged the whole growroom (including this one and the original purple one) for a month at 16/8, then dropped it to 14/10 for a week, then 13/11 for a week, and then to 12/12. All strains began flowering more or less at the same time, around ten days after dropping from 16/8. The only ones to not trigger were two skunks and a Malawi Gold. They all began flowering about a week later, so they obviously needed 13/11 or less to flower.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
If it's any help at all...I found DP's Flo seeds to start flowering end of Aug in the greenhouse...Eman's MoFlo's (only 2 so not exactly a great test) started about Sep 6th.

Hope that helps a bit.

indifferent

Veteran
Cheers Monk. I am looking at some pure sats like the Oaxacan and Durban and some mostly sats like the Flo for some lighting experiments because I've just fitted a shitload of new lighting to my space with three separate timers to I can design some funky light schedules and simulate dawn, noon and sunset effects with different types of lamp, my theory being that I can take DJ Short's suggestions about customising the environment for sativas and create an environment conducive to maturing pure sativas, which is problematic to say the least with the traditional 12/12 HPS method.

Seeing as you have the luxury of a greenhouse, I would heartily recommend the Highland Oaxacan gold to you, Eman manages to somehow grow it outdoors with success last year, which suggests it would do rather well under glass. I'm sure we can arrange for that cutting to pass your way in time for this outdoor season. She is capable of some immense yields and if you like sativas she will be just your cuppa char.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Just drying a test-bud of this now, and it is really quite potent already, with a lovely candy-lemon/fuel aroma that transitions to taste quite nicely. Definitely more flavour than the OGK in smoking, and seems like it will be a similar kind of high - 50/50 I/S, and comes on in waves.

Bonehead

Thanks for taking the time to take all these pics and supply us with all this wonderful information about all these excellent genes!

whiteberrieS

With A Black Flag Raised In The Sky
Veteran
Well, there's another of those purple Flos at four weeks now, and it's a proper bush this time. I'm going to have one last go with my remaining Flo pollen to try and make a few seeds from this pheno - if no luck, I'll have to make another super-stud instead...:)

Now if you can form an orderly queue now, and don't push at the back...here's some Vanilluna buds from phenos #2 and #4.

Like the man said way back when...Damn right...:)

ACTION! i love these pics. you've got yourself a nomination buddy. ;)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
59. JLo (Kentish Creme X Flo) F1, pheno #3 - 63 days.

59. JLo (Kentish Creme X Flo) F1, pheno #3 - 63 days.

Here's the first of my three JLo test females to be harvested at nine weeks exactly. The smell of this one is really special; Flo-dominant for sure, it has fruit and floral aromas (mostly bluebell/hyacinth and lavender), with a strong back-end of liquorice and other medicinal aromatics. Resin coverage is high, as expected, but the buds are a little less firm than #4 - a lower-yielder, but a very tasty and pleasant smoke - I had a test-bud yesterday, and it's delicious.

The calyxes are smaller than other phenos, and it has quite floppy stems, so I'm not sure yet whether it's a breeding candidate, but F2 seeds have been collected and will be stored until all three phenos have been flowered out. #4 will be down in a few days, so keep watching...;)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thank-you. I can't believe I'm already at 59 strains or phenos since I began this thread! I'm only adding new plants to the photo albums, but even so, it's building up fast eh? Next JLo tomorrow...;)

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Hey EMan! My Goldfinger (lone survivor) is proper confused! It's flowering...kinda...it's only 6 inches tall! Hahahahahahahaha!!! Hopefully it will snap into veg mode as the days get longer and longer.

There are trichs and everything!

The main thing is it's healthy.

Just gonna let it grow into a beast...if it wants to of course! ;0

Now I just gotta grow that HOG and Green Flo Huh?

Peace man...and lovely harvest shots once again.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks mate - it sounds like the Goldfinger needs some supplementary light! If it's only on the windowsill, the days aren't really long enough yet to snap it into veg mode properly - it should reveg OK, but if you can get it under a light when the night begins, it'll go much better!

Have you tried rubbing the trichs yet to smell the resin? That''s one special aroma, IMO...;)

indifferent

Veteran
I agree with eman, even a single CFL in a desk lamp will put the goldfinger back into veg. it's mostly sat so it will readily revert to veg. Tesco and Asda sell cheap desk lamps for 4.99, stick a cheap 20W CFL in it and bingo.

Not sure what the exact daylength is at the mo in the UK, but Flo will start putting out pistils around 16 hours of light, Eman knows exactly it's trigger period. The Malawi, being a tropical plant, will have a trigger period of around 12 hours I expect.

You should definitely try the HOG in the greenhouse. It's a special plant, yields immense, will throw a few nanners and they aren't sterile, but it's a minor flaw imho. It will finish sort of, outdoors here as Eman showed, so under glass, you could have a real beauty on your hands. Years ago I had mucho success with Malawi Gold and Durban Poison under glass in the UK and the best outdoor high I ever grew was a Colombian Gold cutting flowered in a plastic portable greenhouse in a friend's back garden, so sats are possible here, just gotta pick the hardy ones that will shake off cold temps. The HOG definitely fits that category, it's not the 'hard a nails' of the Malawi or the near immortality of the Colombian, but it's still a very tough plant.

Tried to kill the Colombian many times stress testing and doing wierd experiments, I swear it's almost immortal, I even left one outside for a week in February and it survived, although it never got down to freezing point.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Mmmmmmmm...

I shall sort out the Gfinger!

That HOG sounds reet special!

I had a toke on Eman's fast (7 week) purple flo (MoFlo?) last night...tiny yield (10g) but excellent trich coverage. That shit is the bomb! I was so happily stoned but wide awake!

Fun fun fun smoke.
Great job!

Latest posts

Latest posts