What's new

My cooling system

:wave:

I said i would post pic's of my cooling system. Here they are.

I built this because i was having trouble with the portable AC making to much heat and taking to much space.

I started with a 25 gal. garbage can in the room that created a moisture problem. And the submersible pumps would burn out in 2 months.

This is the final incarnation. I have the 2 ice cubes in the same places 1 on a blower, the other on the end of my light tube. it is the two bulb 6 in. diameter model. I am using the same 1/2 lines in the room that i was before. they connect to 2 one inch lines that come up through the floor and go 6 ft up into the room. You will be able to see these components when i post pics of the crop. I finally have one I'm willing to take pic's of.

The cooling system is powered by the 2 continuous use pumps. Notice the cross over pipe run between with the ball valve. this was put in as a pressure control. the lift pump was working to hard. Also you can control the cooling of the water in the summer by reducing the pressure and adding cold water to the return. It also helps when filling and draining to equalize the internal pressure and fill the pipes and prime the pumps.

The 55 gal. tank is wrapped with insulation then wrapped with duct tape for protection. All the pipes are wrapped with insulation tape, then duct tape. I had to dig down to get it to fit. then i buried it. the chiller is a 3/4 horse aguaquest with 1 in inlet and outlet. The pumps are 1/2 horse continuous use harbor freight specials. The system is sealed no leaks.

I fixed my cooling problem and my heat problem. Plus my moisture problem.

:thank you:

P9260362.jpg

P9260365.jpg

Hey gIrls

I know it is not much to look at it was built on the fly with mostly scraps and little money.

:wave: hey how about a little support here :thank you: