What's new

My compost tea brewer is built !

Maina

Veteran
And any one could make one for cheap a 1 horse blower 110 volt and PVC pipe a drum Under $150.00 bucks NOOO way can some one buy some thing like this that cheap,

Maina

Veteran
I was realy thinking there would be way more ? or things said HHMMM this could realy save people money

P

planty

Hella good job looks like you based it off the microbulator design..

Maina

Veteran
Hella good job looks like you based it off the microbulator design..
NO not realy what I do for work kinda helped it just came to me I had the stuff knew what it should do and in 2 hours built it.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice maina. i bet if you added some 1/4 turn elbows at the bottom facing the opposite direction you would get a vortex flow going. add even more air. and have no dead spots.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is very different than the microbulator which incorporates an air lift in addition to a diffuser at the bottom.

One should be able to build an equivalent to Maina's brewer using PVC for about $50 to $100 following the instructions on my webpage;

www.microbeorganics.com

The variability in price mainly depends on the pump used.

BTW some people, looking at my avatar photo have surmised that my water circulation is created using a water pump; e.g. fountain pump. This is not the case. I use only air. According to hydraulic engineers an air lift doubles the dissolved oxygen capacity of an air pump.

RipVanWeed

I'm unfamiliar with the term "air lift", is it a device, or a flow pattern in the barrel?

I bubble my Tea's in 5g buckets with a 320 liter/hr pump and 4 airstones in each bucket.

Happy with my Tea's, but always looking to improve. Could I have dead spots in my brewers and not know it?

Much Respect,

localhero

This is very different than the microbulator which incorporates an air lift in addition to a diffuser at the bottom.

One should be able to build an equivalent to Maina's brewer using PVC for about $50 to $100 following the instructions on my webpage;

www.microbeorganics.com

The variability in price mainly depends on the pump used.

BTW some people, looking at my avatar photo have surmised that my water circulation is created using a water pump; e.g. fountain pump. This is not the case. I use only air. According to hydraulic engineers an air lift doubles the dissolved oxygen capacity of an air pump.

I was one of those people. thanks so much for that link, bookmarked. until i get my microscope i wont be able to see whats really going on, but im not totally devastated as the pond pump im using is a low pressure pump. basically from what i read on your site pond pumps arent good for fungal hyphae. thanks!!!

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm an advocate of using what you have. I've seen fine ACT (through scope) made with a venturi and water pump, including fungal hyphae, albeit broken up.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm unfamiliar with the term "air lift", is it a device, or a flow pattern in the barrel?

I bubble my Tea's in 5g buckets with a 320 liter/hr pump and 4 airstones in each bucket.

Happy with my Tea's, but always looking to improve. Could I have dead spots in my brewers and not know it?

Much Respect,

An air lift normally refers to a method of pumping liquid utilizing air. It can be engineered in various configurations. I created mine with an internal diffuser and a push up a column to maximize dissolved O2.

Latest posts

Latest posts