What's new

My collodial silver maker ($10) for making feminised seeds.

Hi guys, my research on several sites has led me to choose collodial silver as my method of making 100% female seeds. IT was very easy the dc adapter was laying around the house and .999 fine silver coin i got from my friends coin collection, says .999 fine silver right on the side of it. (He only paid $10 for it). Well i cut the coin in half and drilled a hole in each side, then i cut the adapter wire and spliced each side into a side of the coin. I have my adapter on the 12v setting. As soon as i put the coins in water and plug it in i can instantly see silver particles coming off the coin into the water.
I have some questions about this. I know that your supposed to apply cs to the leaves of the plant shortly before inducing flowering. My plants are put on a 12/12 light cycle as soon as they pop from the dirt, in this case, when should i start applying cs to the leaves? Also, I dont know the sex of my plants before they start flowering, if collodial silver changes the sex of the plant, will it make the males also switch sex, which i think would make all male seeds if i understand correctly. This could make it very confusing to make female seeds

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

PS... Yes that a rising pizza dough in the backround :)

Attachments

• IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 11
M

MacGyver420

hey macgyver smoker hahaha

i believe what your are trying to do is called "selfing"

100% Female Seeds(The Final Word)

Posted by TheSiliconMagician on February 13, 1999 at 05:17:41 PT:

As some of you know I have been a regular in the chat room for awhile now and I spend large amounts
of time in there.

Anyway, I have had the extreme pleasure of speaking to Mr. XX. over the last few nights for many
hours and have gotten to
know him quite well via E-mail and the chat. (By the way Pud, you were not kidding about those
pictures!) As it turns out he
confided in me and a few others about his process for coming up with 100% Seeds.

Now, Mr. XX is a very nice guy. Funny to and its always a pleasure to speak with him. The guy doens't
speak english too
well but his wit comes through the rough language and he's a riot to talk to. He is a pure lover of
cannabis and hates the ideas
of seedbanks. He feels that everyone should share and share alike and help the community in general.

He simply wants to share his knowledge with the cannabis community because he has spent 15 years
researching this and I
spoke with him in depth about it and will elaborate on puds earlier observations. Done with Mr.XX's
permission because he
wants everyone to be able to do this.

As pud stated a few posts back, he stressed litteraly hundreds of plants with an irregular photoperiod.
What he does is put
the lights on 12/12 for 10 days. Then turns the lights on 24 hours, then 12/12 again for a few days, then
back to 24 hours for
a day, then 12/12 again for a few weeks.

If he does this and no hermaphrodites come up. He has found a 100% XX female that cannot go
hermaprhoditic naturally. He
says that your chances of finding a 100% XX female is vastly increased when using Indica genetics. He
told me that the more
Afghanni or Nepalese genetics the plant has, the better the chances of finding a natural XX female. His
exact words were
"Where did mother nature give weed a home at originally?"

I tried to get him to narrow it down to a ratio, but he never specified just how many plants per are XX
females his exact
words are "plenty of XX girls for everybody" and that is all he will say on the subject. Only that it takes
alot of time and alot
of plants to find that one female.

He then uses Gibrellic acid. 30 centiliters of water with 2 grams of Gibrellic acid and 2 drops of Natruim
Hydroxide to liquify
the Gibrellic. Then applies as normal and creates the male flowers. He has as pud said gotten down to
the 4th Generation with
NO loss of vigor, NO genetic deficiencies and NO hermaphrodites. He claims that the plants are EXACT
GENETIC
CLONES of one another. Complete sisters. Basically it's clone from seed instead of from normal cloning
methods.

What does this have to do with seedbanks? I'll tell you why.

Dutch Passion is the company that is selling these 100% female seeds. They followed along the same
research line that
Mr.XX has followed, mirror paths. While Mr. XX has no anger towards Dutch Passion, DP cannot be
said the same for.
Now don't go running off to DP and saying "Oh mr.xx said you guys suck" thats not true. On the
contrary he says they have
good seeds.. but he DOES question the validity of their claims about having so many strains so quickly
100% female.

He says that 6 months ago is when he made the breakthrough and DP made it about the same time as he
did. He said they
successfully did it with TWO strains. Which strains he didn't say only that they had 2 and now here it is
6 months later and
they have what? 10? 15? I forget exactly but they got alot more than two. He says it takes alot longer
thant hat to find an XX
female.

So, there IS a definate question on DP's seeds and any vendor who sells them. While we all know HS is
an excellent
compnay this has to do with DP itself. So, while it's true that 100% XX females are possible and are
even being manufactured
at this very moment. Just how many strains have been found to contain XX genes is suspect.

Now, I will not be surprised that there will be critics, flamers, etc.. but I was personally asked to bring
this truth to all of you..
and I have done so.. remember that when you buy these seeds.. yes, it COULD be 100% female
guarenteed.. but you never
truly know.. This is cutting edge and brand new. According to Mr.XX the only other person who has
done this is Mel Frank
himself and he didn't tell ANYONE.. what happens when you breed these seeds with a male? He says
"what do I need a man
for? They don't factor into my breeding program".

Remember you heard it here first.. Happy Harvests..

TSM

source:
http://www.cannabase.com/cl/bcga/breeding/selfing.htm

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
As soon as i put the coins in water and plug it in i can instantly see silver particles coming off the coin into the water.

I'm hoping to do this soon, just waiting till I can flower. I think one of Phenomenal's recent posts in his Silver thread said he treated them later and they still got pollen/flowers. Although I've never done it, I would be tempted to leave them later because I read they need to have a bit of "oomph" stored away to deal with the shock of the treatment and staying alive.

I don't remember reading anywhere that you should see it instantly falling off. Sounds strange, but from what I gather, it's pretty hard to screw up regardless.

Great info MacGyver420. I read those posts a couple of years back and they planted a (femmed) seed in my head. I'm so happy to be here now on the verge of finally doing it! Please keep us updated, Macgyver Smoker.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Gday Macguyver, congrats on your colloidal silver unit :)

Maybe everyone has their own idea about what "selfing" is, personally I've always considered it where just the ONE female plant is used ... it's stressed into throwing off some pollen bananas, which pollenates itself (self-pollenating) so as to produce seeds to keep its lineage going. One way to prevent extinction I guess.

And that works ok (and maybe the 1 female is all you've got anyway), but when possible I prefer to bring in a 2nd (or more) female plant to apply the pollen to.

ScrubNinja,
I think one of Phenomenal's recent posts in his Silver thread said he treated them later and they still got pollen/flowers.
Yup, the thread is http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60610&page=23

I started with two plants - they were from my last two Sour Diesel beans, so I was planning on making seeds. Eventually it was determined one was a male, the other a female. I kept the male isolated on its own in one chamber, allowing it to produce regular pollen without pollenating the flower chamber.

The female i kept in the flower chamber, and once a day for about 10 days I sprayed her with colloidal silver. No other 'stressing' forms were used - no light poisoning or anything, just CS. However, I stopped spraying after 10 days, thinking "if the CS doesnt work then i'll be left with nothing ... regular seeds would still be better than no seeds", so I stopped applying CS, and manually applied some of the regular pollen to it.

The regular pollen did the trick - there's a reasonable amount of regular seeds on it now. But also pollen bananas have begun to form and are just about to start popping open now, so really I've ended up with the best of both worlds -- plenty of regular pollen, with which ive made several crosses with (including back to Sour Diesel itself), but now will also end up with a reasonable amount of feminised pollen, with which ill also be able to make a few nice femme crosses with - including back to Sour Diesel to make feminised Sour Diesel x Sour Diesel.

There's gonna be a heck of a lot of Sour Diesel in my diet over these next few years, but it'll make a refreshing change from my C99 binging of the past :)

So in conclusion -
1) i didnt spray any CS until about 2 or so weeks after knowing that it was a female (so after it had been under 12/12 lighting for nearly a month)
2) i only sprayed for 10 days yet still ended up with a respectable amount of banans
3) the bananas still popped up even though the plant had been pollenated with regular pollen
4) the pollenated buds still grew good viable regular seeds even though it had been CS'd to the point of producing pollen

Wish Mythbusters could do an episode on this ... :)

Last edited:
hey pheno, your like a legend at this, thanks for the info ill just wait until i get a nice plant that has shown its female sex to apply the cs. I left the cs generator on for like 8 hours came back and looked and there was a thick layer of silver melted over the top of the water. I stirred it up into a murky muddy looking mix, very brown. I have a picture of this but unfortunately its on my home computer which doesnt have the internet. asap i will update this thread with the pics.

A question on hermies. So far out of like 40 or so plants, some of them are starting to show sex after 3 weeks of 12/12 from seed. 1 first was a male, 2nd was a female, 3rd was male. After a few days of developing pistils, i noticed the "female" was also producing LARGE pollen sacks which are already starting to open after only like a week of being formed. I didnt use cs on this plant, it just did it on its own. Should i allow this plant to "self" or to breed with other plants, to my understanding this will make female seeds.

Pics of the cs maker, and of the hermie coming asap (within a week)

ScrubNinja

Veteran
You don't want to use a hermie for breeding by choice. The whole point of CS is to induce male flowers on a plant that otherwise isn't likely to hermie.

CS method on a normal female - we have passed on genes that are likely to hermie when treated with CS, and always a chance they may hermie under stress.

Hermie method - we have passed on genes that are likely to hermie without any prompting or stress.

shit, yea i dunno im still gonna keep the hermie b/c its got a nice kola bud forming on top. maybe ill just pick off the male sacks before they get a chance to contaminate anything. I guess im gonna just wait until i get a 100% female or until i start cloning before i start applying cs. Ill still post the picture of the silver melting into a thick layer on top of the water asap!

JBlaze

Scrubninja is trying to tell you that you must stress test the female plant first to see if its a 100% XX female. Then you apply the CS to get your hermie. You don't want to just use any hermied female's pollen to get female seeds because that trait will be passed onto the seeds.

apples

Here is mine, similar to yours.

12v 200ma.

Used a hack saw to cut 1oz silver bar in half, drilled holes in 1 end of each and inserted gator clips. The holes help me get a nice grip and as you can see hold the silver in vertical position.

You can see after only about 4 hours there is quite a bit of build up on one of the pieces of silver. You can also see some flakes floating around.

I have seen some good pics of the devices used to make the silver but not much of the actual process. If you have some pics or examples of what the water should look like, please do share.

picture.php

haze crazy

Would it be easier to buy colloidal silver at the heath food store? We usually have some around the house for it's medicinal properties. By the time I found cut a silver bar in half, dug out two old roach clips from the junk drawer, bandaged my hand from trying to cut the silver, hacked up an old phone charger, and waited four hours, I could have already bought the silver in a bottle, grabbed some organic mangoes, potatoes, maybe some bananas and even flirted with the checkout girl(s). I still would have time to watch the grass grow!

I like this thread anyway, I didn't know colloidal silver would give a girl a banana...

And I didn't known how it was made!

Peace...

apples

from what I have read the stuff you can buy is very low PPM (parts per milliion). We need a high dosage for the plants.

Drinking this homemade stuff would be sketchy and I wouldnt suggest it.

I have also read it takes about 7 hours for a good batch. Set it up and go to work. Come home and spray foliage.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
You can buy the strength we need if you wanna try it, I posted a link on Pheno's thread. It even comes in a spray bottle. I think it was 15ppm needed? So just google that

I used those wiring things, I'm not sure what they're called, but since the silver was in wire form, and I had wires from the power adapter, it seemed like the obvious thing to use.

apples

Any info on what we are looking for in the water to tell that its ready?

I might have over done it....if thats possible. Is it?

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
I'd be more worried about underdoing it (which could result in you ending up with a female plant thats covered in silver so you cant smoke it, yet has no pollen!). I don't think there's any problems with having a very strong mix, even 50+ppm i would assume would be perfectly fine (we're just talking parts per million afterall!), although there's no need to go up to those levels, and if you're making it at home you'll find it hard to reach that level anyway ... from Wiki: "Colloidal silver with concentrations of 30 parts per million (ppm) or less are typically manufactured using an electrolysis process, whereas colloidal silver with higher concentrations of 50 ppm or more are usually silver compounds that have been bound with a protein."

My last batch which i ran for 24hrs turned out very dark-silvery-gray as i was using the same coins from the previous batch and they were 'rusty' with silver oxide (the biproduct of the electrolysis) so the resulting colloid wasn't as pure as one would prefer, but it certainly still got the job done, and with just 10 days of spraying.

Best of luck!

apples

thanks! Mine was in for about 13 hours so I should be ok if you went for 24 lol.

My girls are about 1 week into flower...do you think pollen would be produced in time to pollinate and the seed to fully develope?

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Wow phenotypex, that looks very heavy. I did mine for 18+ hours 5 volts 700mA and it was nowhere near that dark. It looks like the silver has shorted out on the surface.

I mentioned CS to a grower friend and he has a generator already for health use. He uses a 9v battery and says it goes very brown in minutes. I suspect he's probably used river water or something.