What's new

My clones do NOT resemble their mother !

bakelite

I get those shiny, non-serrated (smooth) leaves every time I reveg for the first few sets of leaves. Also my clones rarely seem to regain the opposite leaf pattern of the original plant.

-bakelite

Owl Mirror

Veteran
How do you get a plant to grow/bud like that? Do you just cut off the side branches?

Hi Sick, no that is natural growth pattern of this strain.
I just cut off the dead fan leaves before taking the pic.
I haven't stabilized the strain yet and, there are two pheno's, one Indica and one Sativa-dominant.
Here are two full length pics, one of each pheno.

Indica-dominantTRIUNEofMEN.jpg
Indica-dominantbudsofTRIUNEofMEN.jpg

Sativa-dominantTRIUNEofMEN.jpg
Sativa-dominantbuds1TRIUNEofMEN.jpg

Owl Mirror

Veteran
If I only looked at the first 2 pics you posted owl, and did no reading, I'd say for certain that you took your cuts off a plant that was at least a few weeks on its way to blooming, because thats what it looks like when blooming plants get forced to reveg(I know because I've done it many times on purpose).

This almost feels like a episode of House, where the patient is not telling the doctors the whole story...................nothing personal owl.

Nope, I've disclosed exactly what took place.
My thought is maybe the rooting compound I'm using had this effect on the plants growth.
The one in the single pot has remained in the veg closet the whole time so, that is what I would have had, had I not put the others in the flower room.
I know about re-vegging as I kept a few males alive after they began putting out pollen sacks.
I can't afford to take clones from every plant BEFORE they show their sex trait as I'm limited by plant count requirements.
If I had to wait until the clones grew beyond this stage of single leaves, I might as well just pop seeds.

Sick

Hi Sick, no that is natural growth pattern of this strain.
I just cut off the dead fan leaves before taking the pic.
I haven't stabilized the strain yet and, there are two pheno's, one Indica and one Sativa-dominant.
Here are two full length pics, one of each pheno.

Indica-dominantTRIUNEofMEN.jpg
Indica-dominantbudsofTRIUNEofMEN.jpg

Sativa-dominantTRIUNEofMEN.jpg
Sativa-dominantbuds1TRIUNEofMEN.jpg
wow! How tall are them plants?

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't afford to take clones from every plant BEFORE they show their sex trait as I'm limited by plant count requirements.
From your statements it looks like you would have taken cuts after you know sex. And it for sure looks like your cut has seen, or has been taken from a mom that has seen, some transitional lighting and was heading into flower. The cut is into reveg, and you can see remnants of 5 finger growth at cut level. 30 days veg I bet money it has multi finger leaves.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
OK, here is my far-fetched theory:

One of the landraces you are working with is very photo-sensitive(maybe the Nepali?), meaning that when it is held on a 24/0 cycle, and sees much of any dark period(perhaps the power went out when you were not home), it immediately trys to start blooming because it has never seen dark before.

Other than that, I'm not sure what caused this re-veg mutation...........

Owl Mirror

Veteran
From your statements it looks like you would have taken cuts after you know sex. And it for sure looks like your cut has seen, or has been taken from a mom that has seen, some transitional lighting and was heading into flower. The cut is into reveg, and you can see remnants of 5 finger growth at cut level. 30 days veg I bet money it has multi finger leaves.

I made the decision based upon the preflowers.
Should I take the clones before the plants have pre-flowers ?

Owl Mirror

Veteran
OK, here is my far-fetched theory:

One of the landraces you are working with is very photo-sensitive(maybe the Nepali?), meaning that when it is held on a 24/0 cycle, and sees much of any dark period(perhaps the power went out when you were not home), it immediately trys to start blooming because it has never seen dark before.

Other than that, I'm not sure what caused this re-veg mutation...........

I think you may not understand, the three plants in the bucket look the way they do because they have been in the flower room for a few weeks now. The one in the single pot has remained in the veg closet.

The flowering is intentional.
They are around five/six weeks old, as explained, taken when I saw the pre-flowers on the mother.

ive had this happen from stress to my clones. i vegged them for 2month and removed old leaves till it was normal.. i thought it was heat stress or unstable temps...

i had a skunk plant mutant weird like that to but it never just normal the plant grew a half oz of nice looking pot with no high...

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
I think you may not understand, the three plants in the bucket look the way they do because they have been in the flower room for a few weeks now. The one in the single pot has remained in the veg closet.

The flowering is intentional.
They are around five/six weeks old, as explained, taken when I saw the pre-flowers on the mother.

attachment.php

I'm assuming we have been talking about this guy, the one with the re-veg mutation?

I have the Mentor title because I have a tendency to understand descriptions and questions, even if they are poorly presented. I'll just say I've put in more than my 2c and wish you luck!!!

Nemissis

I have that happen all the time with my clones I put outdoors. The plant is revegging, no need to worry it will bush out huge as a result of those funky little branches and end up giving you a nice harvest. I almost kind of welcome this as it kind of tops the plant by itself, however it slows down veg a bit.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
what was your timer set at(using one right?)
24 hours of light, or 18light and 6 dark for veging
12/12 for flower, if you take a cutting under 12/12 it will do what your pic looks like when you give it veg hours(more then 12 of light), no biggie, just takes the plant a lil longer to get to where it should be

Those are some poll plants man, you want it that way on purpose?(not tryin' to be mean)

still go on mmma?

TOm

Owl Mirror

Veteran
what was your timer set at(using one right?)
24 hours of light, or 18light and 6 dark for veging
12/12 for flower, if you take a cutting under 12/12 it will do what your pic looks like when you give it veg hours(more then 12 of light), no biggie, just takes the plant a lil longer to get to where it should be

Those are some poll plants man, you want it that way on purpose?(not tryin' to be mean)

still go on mmma?

TOm

The mother was under 24 hours of light, the clones remained under 24 hours of light after I placed the mother in the flower room.A few weeks later, the clones had rooted and begun growing from the top so, I decided to place 3 out of 4 in to the flower room with the mother.

I allow my plants to grow naturally, I do not manipulate their growth pattern by pinching, twisting, tying or bending.
You can't find traits to pass along through breeding when you alter the plants growth patterns.

still go on mmma?

NO, not after the Executive Director, Greg Francisco slandered and defamed me by spreading false rumors about me. That organization is anti-patients rights. They are only seeking to exploit the registered patients for their own gains.

Ask Greg Francisco why he supports the recent legislation to strip away the rights of patients to grow their own and replace it with a corporate, state-sanctioned greenhouse.
He may or may not tell you, HE OWNS THE FUCKING GREENHOUSES that are being considered.

I warn each Michigan Medical Marijuana Patient away from any dealings with that bogus group.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
He may or may not tell you, HE OWNS THE FUCKING GREENHOUSES that are being considered.

Thats crazy, where you get all that info?(would like to read up on it)

Also, no ifs and or buts lol, but when a mj plant goes from many leaves to single leaves like that, its 'reveging' meaning, even for a small about of time, it was on flower hours(or just not enough light hours) and then back to more light hours.

lol, have a few myself just like that(had to take them 'while' plant was flowering, hence they had hairs, hence there now reveging)

Good luck though my friend,
TOM
I remember you very well, very FOR the patients, and for the low income patients, keep on fighting buddy

PharmaCan

Veteran
Owl - maybe you should check your timers or the settings on timers 'cause that plant is definitely revegging?????????? ...are you even using timers for 24/0???

Quite a conundrum - you have leaves that say the plant is revegging, but facts that say it shouldn't be. Hmmm - you don't have dark leaking into your veg room do you?

PC

whodair

Veteran
regarding the cabbage lookin plants, they are very dark green, with lots of rams horn. im thinkin too much N, or too much water... or even the cool root temps during winter??

ive got the same problem now, with one strain. so i flushed it, and then allowed it to dry, and resumed light watering and feeding. and out popped healthy new growth.

so ive been there, but am not sure exactly why, maybe a combination of things

best of luck.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
I understand these plants are re-vegging. Just so that is clear.
I'm asking how it may have happened under the conditions I've described.

NO, my 24 hour light is not on a timer, seemed a little redundant to have a timer that doesn't do anything.

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
I've had plants reveg like the pic Backcountry posted and I've also had them reveg as Polyploids too. I think I read somewhere that if stressed a plant can revert back to the genetic code of previous generations other than its parents, so I guess in my scenario that's about the only thing that would make sense.

Looks like the consensus is your plants are revegging, I just thought you might find that interesting. The whole non serrated leaf thing is something else though, I think I've seen somewhat similar leaves in DJ genetics.