What's new

My Cat is a Leopard!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Her name is Khloe, and technically she is a Charcoal Bengal. & in terms of strains, a Charcoal Bengal is an Asian Leopard crossed with an Abisinian:pet the cat:

gorgeous Bengal! never heard of a charcoal Bengal before. i have several tri colored rosette marble Bengals and a seal mink marble.....

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Oohhhhhhh kitty kitty kitty kitty!!! I love kitties! I have an Ocicat...a breed of Abby, Tabby and Siamese. Abbys are the most amazing cats...I'm sure your little booger likes to get into anything that she can fit into. They're amazingly muscular and agile cats:)

She's a pretty little thing!!

krunchbubble

Veteran
Oohhhhhhh kitty kitty kitty kitty!!! I love kitties! I have an Ocicat...a breed of Abby, Tabby and Siamese. Abbys are the most amazing cats...I'm sure your little booger likes to get into anything that she can fit into. They're amazingly muscular and agile cats:)

She's a pretty little thing!!

wow! those ocicat's look just like spotted Bengals, there gorgeous!

Snype

Veteran
I don't' think she's a charcoal sweetie. She's a Tabby Bengal and her father was part Snow Leopard and her mom is part Asian Leopard Cat and both her parents placed in the top 3 on the east coast for show cats. Krunch has some very nice Bengals! I really want to get a male and begin breeding but I don't think Snypette wants a male to be spraying the house up all the time and she is against keeping the male in his own room for some reason. She suggested paying the breeder to get her pregnant with a very nice stud so maybe that's our best option.

NHMI

That is a beautiful cat, but I watch the cat show all the time "Cats 101" and the bengal is part abysinian and something else but I don't remember it being an asian leopard, it was some kind of small wild cat a lil bigger then domestic cats I thought...but who knows, I am a wikid stoner....you have a beautiful cat though. I have a siamese mix that looks pretty siamese and acts just like one but she is really great around a few people and the rest can screw off as far as she is concerned...I love cats...I wanted a Savannah but I think since they are so expensive and there are so many shelter cats that I think if my cat will put up with another and not hate us, it would be best to save one of them...

Meet Apollo!!!

Meet Apollo!!!

Thought I'd let you guys see my best friend....

Apollo005.jpg

Apollo003.jpg

Apollo002.jpg

This guy is Asian Leopard and Savannah...at least his grand-parents were...22 lbs of solid muscle....and no...he does not ever get to see the gardens!!! :tiphat:

krunchbubble

Veteran
Thought I'd let you guys see my best friend....

Apollo005.jpg

Apollo003.jpg

Apollo002.jpg

This guy is Asian Leopard and Savannah...at least his grand-parents were...22 lbs of solid muscle....and no...he does not ever get to see the gardens!!! :tiphat:

holy shit! thats thats is down right beautiful! didnt even know they breed Asian leopards and Savannah's. what would he be called then? face looks just like my male's.......

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
^GORGEOUS Kitty!!!!! My cats munch the hell out of our garden....and they prefer MY favorite strain, hehehe little shits:)

Snype

Veteran
That is a beautiful cat, but I watch the cat show all the time "Cats 101" and the bengal is part abysinian and something else but I don't remember it being an asian leopard, it was some kind of small wild cat a lil bigger then domestic cats I thought...but who knows, I am a wikid stoner....you have a beautiful cat though. I have a siamese mix that looks pretty siamese and acts just like one but she is really great around a few people and the rest can screw off as far as she is concerned...I love cats...I wanted a Savannah but I think since they are so expensive and there are so many shelter cats that I think if my cat will put up with another and not hate us, it would be best to save one of them...
Here's a description for you taken from Wikipedia:

"The Bengal is a relatively new hybrid breed of cat, formed by the cross of a domestic feline and an Asian Leopard Cat ("ALC").
Bengal cats have "wild-looking" markings, such as large spots, rosettes, and a light/white belly, and a body structure reminiscent of the Asian Leopard Cat (Prionailurus bengalensis bengalensis).[1] The Bengal cat has a desirable "wild" appearance with a gentle domestic cat temperament, provided it is separated by at least three generations from the original crossing between a domestic feline and an ALC.[1]
The name Bengal cat was derived from the taxonomic name of the Asian Leopard Cat (P. b. bengalensis), and not from the unrelated Bengal tiger."

Your Bengal is very beautiful Dave!

Here's a description for you taken from Wikipedia:

"The Bengal is a relatively new hybrid breed of cat, formed by the cross of a domestic feline and an Asian Leopard Cat ("ALC").
Bengal cats have "wild-looking" markings, such as large spots, rosettes, and a light/white belly, and a body structure reminiscent of the Asian Leopard Cat (Prionailurus bengalensis bengalensis).[1] The Bengal cat has a desirable "wild" appearance with a gentle domestic cat temperament, provided it is separated by at least three generations from the original crossing between a domestic feline and an ALC.[1]
The name Bengal cat was derived from the taxonomic name of the Asian Leopard Cat (P. b. bengalensis), and not from the unrelated Bengal tiger."

Your Bengal is very beautiful Dave!

There are several variations of the Bengal...depending on traits you want. The Savannah, in my case, gives him the rounded ears, as well of a bit more wild disposition. His Great grandpa was Pure Savannah/Asian Leopard, then bred from there. His grandma was the same. He is registered with TICA. Kittens from his parents get upwards of $5K, as breeders. Fixed...$2k.

Litters will bring both Striped (like a Tiger)and Rosetted...even the one w/rosettes will have stripes, usually on it's legs and face. The more desireable cats are the rosetted, bringing as much as 2X the striped.

My cat's full name id "Apollodourous"...I didn't name him, but I sure couldn't make the poor guy answer to that! :tiphat:

And Apollo thanks you Snype:wave:

Snypette

Veteran
beautiful cat , take good care of her , they'll be gone before you know it

Thanks and i know! :( i used to have 6 other cats growing up and all of them have passed away except one who isn't looking to good :shucks:

I don't' think she's a charcoal sweetie. She's a Tabby Bengal and her father was part Snow Leopard and her mom is part Asian Leopard Cat and both her parents placed in the top 3 on the east coast for show cats. Krunch has some very nice Bengals! I really want to get a male and begin breeding but I don't think Snypette wants a male to be spraying the house up all the time and she is against keeping the male in his own room for some reason. She suggested paying the breeder to get her pregnant with a very nice stud so maybe that's our best option.

YOU were the one who told me she was a charcol bengal, sweetie:) And i'm against putting a male in his own room because bengals are wild and need lots of room to run around and explore. I think it's wrong to keep an animal locked in one room all the time. Plus, your right about the spraying, i'm not dealing with that!

Thanks! idk if all bengals are asian leopard, but i'm positive my bengal is. The leopard gets crossed to a house cat aprox. 4 times to make it smaller and less wild and such.. and that's very responsible to want to take a regular cat who is in need of a home. all animals need love!

Awesome cats. My wife is dying to get a couple cats, but I only want short hair cats that resemble some type of wild jungle cat (like yours!)

Any advice on how to acquire something like this? I've been to the shelter a few times, but the people there say they rarely get somthing that fits my description.

Snype

Veteran
Awesome cats. My wife is dying to get a couple cats, but I only want short hair cats that resemble some type of wild jungle cat (like yours!)

Any advice on how to acquire something like this? I've been to the shelter a few times, but the people there say they rarely get somthing that fits my description.
They are very hard to find from a shelter. There's a lot of breeders that sell them but they can be pricey. The cheapest that I've seen them is $750 but most people seem to sell them in the $1500 range but you have to fix them for that price. It's best to look at states that people make less money in and you'll probably get a good price on them.

Check here..you might find a breeder in your area..

http://www.tica.org/

Latest posts

Latest posts