What's new

my bud took on the smell of my jars!!!!

diggitydank420

In my rush to get everything into jars I forgot to clean them out. I didn't think twice about it since they were brand new jars from a craft store. Well now they smell like a craft store!!!!! If I brake a bud open it still smells good bud if you just hold it up to your nose it smells like craft store! I just cleaned out all the jars let the buds sit in a baggie over night and put them back in the clean jars. Anyone have any ideas to get rid of the smell? The buds seem to taste pretty bland too! Im about a week into curing.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Ewww craft is like the smell of old women. Old women that point their finger at you and tell you how wrong you are. Old women that can everything and make you eat it in front of them. Old women that bury their husbands and piss on their graves. You have ruined your pot.

sso

Veteran
i just put my bud into a small wooden cabinet. (no jars)
(looks like nice wood, but is just pulp with a thin plate covering it)
in about 1-2 months from harvest, even stuff that had just haysmell before , smells and tastes nice.

but i think as time will pass, your buds will regain their original smell. how long i dont know.

diggitydank420

Do you think there is still hope if I keep them curing longer? Yes, I do feel as if I have ruined my pot... but it gets me ripped and the trimmings made some great bubble hash! :smoker:

bobman

If it was grown and dried properly than it strain or pheno related. Since you are getting a good odor when you break it up than it was probably dried right. I grown strains where you could leave a pound in a tray in a closet and open that closet and not know it was there and I have grown strains where you could put in baggies in a back closet and smell it when you opened the front door. A cure is not going to magically bring out an odor its either there or not. Does not mean its not good pot though or will not taste good.

O

OrganicOzarks

I was just talking with a friend about the smell of some herb I gave him a while back. He said it was hard to tell because it just smelled like salsa. Damn recycled jars. I even washed it in the dishwasher, and it still made the herb smell like salsa. I have done the pickle jars too. Pickle herb smells weird. :)

I try to only use new jars now. Lesson learned.

PuffinNugs

i use 420jars.com and cannafresh jars. youll love them

the problem with pickle jars and such is the smell is cooked into the lid.

ijim

Ewww craft is like the smell of old women. Old women that point their finger at you and tell you how wrong you are. Old women that can everything and make you eat it in front of them. Old women that bury their husbands and piss on their graves. You have ruined your pot.

My old lady wants your address. Don't worry I put blanks in the gun. But she still has her switchblade. And no longer uses the name Bobbit.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used jars not anymore having 50+ jars about curing was a PITA. After The bud has dried to around 65%Rh I vac seal it and let it st for 60 days thats long enough to bring out any taste or smells that are there. If there is no smell curing wont help much. Genetics and grower experience plays the biggest role.

diggitydank420

The buds smell better 24hrs later. When I open the jars it smells like I figured it would, but when I hold the bud up to my nose I still get a hint of craft store smell?!

Turkey Bag ! Their come in a sealed box, don't smell like OLD women, available in different sizes from a small chicken to a large overgrown turkey, and cheaper than glass.

nickman

Veteran
i have put buds in jars that were old tomatoe paste jars and ended up having buds that smelled like that same t. paste ...

Latest posts

Latest posts