What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Box Set Up

maree

What amazing micro scull-duggery! And now your HID grow looks great too - it'd be nice to hear more info about that as well. How do your methods differ from your box grows - training, nute schedule, etc? Be great to hear how you do it man.

LifeLess

Veteran
maree Thnx
Im still using the boxes for breeding projects. I use a 600 watt HPS for bloom now but i didnt really change a thing from when i used cfls. Soil is FFOF + worm castings + domolite lime + perlite. Pure Blend Pro ferts + Cal/Mag. And the Thing thats kept all my grow looking good and consistant R/O water. If there one thing you can do to keep your grows nice threw harvest and get the most out of your plants R/O water. I didnt figure this out till late but it was what my problem was. My grows seemed very inconsistant. With R/O water you have to add Cal/Mag 5ml per gallon. I flush with tap water thats been sitting out for a day or so. But i water with only R/O water now. Anyone having funky leaf issues try R/O water for a few grows and youll see a huge difference. I recently started defoliating my plants and love it. I lurk in the micro section here alot and see alot of great grows. Keep up the great work team Micro. Heres a picture of my last run under the 600 day 45. Peace LL

maree

Thanks for the reply Lifeless - but it begs another question or three! Hope you don't mind. You're having success with defoliation, do you:

1. Find it increases yield, general quality of the harvest or both?

2. Defoilate at sceduled times or do you remove leaves as and when you feel it's necessary?

3. Do you start defoliation in the early stages of a plant's life like K33?

4. Finally, do you still top your plants now you defoliate or have you found this unnecessary with the extra branching this is meant to create?

Thanking you man!

Gowron

first off, awesome setup lifeless, i can't believe i've only recently stumbled across this thread. i had been reading through dr bud, thundurkel, and anti's threads as inspiration for my micro cab. i was very surprised at the power 150 watts of CFLs were providing me in 6 cubic feet. my next run i'm hoping to do a setup more like yours and red greenery's rubbermaid grows. 2 30 gallons would give me a bigger space and in case i wanna redo my vents for some reason, i don't have to ruin a good cabinet. so thanks for the great ideas.

Chomp

They are all over the micro grow section LL....I started my current grow in a rubbermaid but I built a cab to do a vertical grow with a 150w hps for bloom...

I still use the rubbermaids for cloning and to separate the males for pollen production...and it's all your fault :good:

Thanks for this thread LL :good:

:rasta:Chomp

LifeLess

Veteran
Thnx Chomp. I still use one for rooting cuts and vegging beofre they go under the hps.

Braddah Smokes anytime. Took me alot of trial and error to get here. More error than anything lol. Looks like yer doing just fine. Peace LL

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Glad to see this thread still chugging along, it inspired me to start up with CFL, which still is used to this day in my setup
Thanks LL :good:

Dead Moon Night

Hey Lifeless, thanks for this awesome long lasting thread. After a couple of years of inspiration from your Lifeless boxes, I've decided to throw my hat into the micro grow arena. After checking out your design, it looks like your passive intakes are on the shorter sides of the rubbermaid, about halfway up. Am I correct in this? Did you use pvc with bends for this? Is there any particular reason you have them mounted in this particular spot?

Thanks man, I hope you check into the microgrow section to see this.

LifeLess

Veteran
Whats up Dead Moon. I put the intake in the ends towards the bottom. Just figured they would be less noticable there and with the exhaust being in the middle,top,back air could get drawn up and threw the plants. And yes i used 2- elbows on each end. Traps the light that way but im sure you already knew that. hit me up if ya need anything else. Peace LL

cannabliz

Just finished reading this thread and all i can say is WOW! I'm just about to start my first grow (and this is even my first post here) and I now have almost a full grocery list as well as the knowledge everyone has shared here.

I just have a few final questions before I begin that i didn't get adequately answered from reading the thread. Lifeless, I saw that you do not use the mothering technique, and that rather you take cuttings from your vegging plants slightly before you switch to flowering. Adding to that i saw you mention that you start flowering when the plants hit 11 inches or so. So to use your technique, I would be pulling for clones at about 9-10 inches, or does it really matter?

My second question is the use of r/o water. Google is failing on me and i can't find a decent way to do it, can anyone offer a suggestion?

LifeLess

Veteran
Glad this helped you cannabliz. It dosent really matter at what height you take cuts I only make sure there a nice cutting. Your next run will only be as good as what you start with. I will usually take 2 cuts per plant so i dont take away to much from the bloom. Make sure your confident with your cloning technique so you dont lose anything you want to keep on accident. As far as the Reverse Osmosis water you can buy a system but they can be a little pricey. Maybe look to see if you can buy it local maybe refill your own jugs. Check your local Aquarium shop they might know where to buy it. R/O water works for me and I cant use tap or any other water for that fact. Now that i think about it i could be a little obsessive compulsive about it. Maybe if you were to leave your tap water sit out for a few days it would be ok. Its great to see that this thread is still helping out. Its a good feeling . Good Luck! Anything else you need post it here or shoot me a PM. Peace LL

cannabliz

Thanks for answering my newbie cuttings question, I really appreciate it.

I've been looking into r/o systems and your right they will be running about $100 bucks. I have still yet to test my tap normally, but i will try setting it out for a few days and see how that helps. I don't think it's OCD, you found a method that produced results through testing and observation, and I plan on doing the same.

I'm finishing up my grow box this week, modeled after yours with the exception of using 'toughboxes' (27gal). I also jerry-rigged a 120mm fan to fit the 2' PVC to hopefully beef up the airflow a bit.

LifeLess

Veteran
Sounds good. I use 600s now but sence i dont keep mothers im using my rubbermaids for clones and vegging for my next bloom. Works great.

LifeLess

Veteran
Fired up another box yesterday for a small bean making project. Ill get a few pics later to post up. Peace LL

Latest posts

Latest posts