What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my ACE journey begins

Samuel Caldwell

Shower day! They're hanging low right now but they'll bounce back and thank me later.

11.5 weeks in flower

picture.php

View image in gallery

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks, Syd. I'm really looking forward to trying this one! My wife just got home from work and we were chatting about it quite a bit. She took a whiff from the tub and, "Wow! That's different! It's got some TANG to it!" :biggrin:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Lovely work Sam! I hope you'll provide a full smoke report after they've had time to get a proper cure. I hope it's as wild and psychedelic as many have reported. Really interesting stuff.

After all I've heard about Zamaldelica it's definitely on the top of my list of strains to grow. I've got a pack laying around here somewhere... :thinking:

Samuel Caldwell

I've seen the reviews saying wild and psychedelic, too...that's why I bought it! I'll definitely update after we've tried it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest Samuel :)

Please, let us know your opinion after a bit of curing and drying.
Wish you and your wife enjoy with your well deserved flowers! ;)

Samuel Caldwell

We've been sampling a jar of our Zamaldelicas. It's still pretty early but we're loving it! Sweet, full flavors - is this the sweet carrot? It's reminiscent of some blue lines I've grown, the sweet, smooth, full flavors on the inhale, smooth and even on the exhale. Nice, sweet smells linger in the room for quite awhile, this is not a stealthy smoke!

Up, head high. No body for me. It's fun to sit and get lost in something on the computer or it's fun to get up and get things done. It's not a completely clear high, it's easy to get confused at the beginning, but that clears up and then it's a nice mood enhancer. It's easy to be up and happy and active.

I'm buzzing a little at the moment so I'm going to go do some gardening. :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Samuel,

Your Zamaldelica flowers certainly look (pistils and trichomes) like the Zamaldelica elite mother, which was selected not only because her amazing THC content, moderate flowering time for a sativa, great indoor adaptability, heavy resin production and outstanding uplifiting well focused effects, but also for having really intense and refined terpenes.

Glad you are enjoying with her ;)

Samuel Caldwell

Hey again. Update on the progress of my garden.

I picked up a couple 315w cmh lights and used panda plastic to set up a temporary flower area in the back of my garden room that's still being built. Ultimately I'm planning on 4 x 315's, each over a 20 gallon no-till organic geopot, but I'll start with this until I get there. Mixing up my soil will be done ASAP, hoping to use it on my next flowering round or so. Ventilation is also a top priority.

Lots to do but I'm trying to do it right so it'll take time. I'll make adjustments as needed, post pics of my progress and welcome any comments and suggestions.

Anyway, here's the initial setup. There's a couple Tikal fems in there somewhere.

peace

Samuel Caldwell

I got my ventilation set up and it's working fine for now. 3 males have been culled leaving me with 6 females. Still too many for my space but oh well. I'm debating some LST to bring the tall gals down a bit.

My 2 Tikal fems are the tall ones in the back, left and right. They each got a couple scorched leaves when they burned into the LEDs in the veg tent.

The Tikal gals are most of the center of these pics. Look for the burned leaves as markers. I'll get better pics when the flowers start to develop a bit.

Great thread, Sam. I can't wait to run some Ace myself! I'm interested to know how the smoke was on those Congos? What else do you have have running with those Tikals? I think I see more Zamaldicas which doesn't surprise me lol they have such a serious reputation these days. Best of luck, hope you don't mind me spying on you throughout this grow. :coffee:

Samuel Caldwell

Great thread, Sam. I can't wait to run some Ace myself! I'm interested to know how the smoke was on those Congos? What else do you have have running with those Tikals? I think I see more Zamaldicas which doesn't surprise me lol they have such a serious reputation these days. Best of luck, hope you don't mind me spying on you throughout this grow. :coffee:

Thanks, GG, all are welcome here! Comments, suggestions or whatever are always appreciated!

Congo was great (as I recall) but she didn't get the best run so I'm sure she could be much better. I'm planning another run as soon as I sort out my current plants. Same for my Zamaldelica, btw. Patience. Do it right.

The two Tikal fems are the only Ace genetics I'm running right now. I'm still working on my garden room and I didn't want to risk too much if I run into problems. The others are one booberry kush, gifted by dank.frank at Stank Bros a long time ago and some bagseed--one white cookies and two purple haze. I've got nice clones of everything. I'll keep favorites from this round and start culling the rest and then start more seeds. That's my plan for now anyway. And I've got my eye on several other Ace lines to pick up as soon as I get my room finished.

At just over 2 weeks of 12/12 one of the purple haze gals is living up to her name! All of her little flowers have gone totally purple! Hope she's a good smoke.

Thanks, GG, all are welcome here! Comments, suggestions or whatever are always appreciated!

Congo was great (as I recall) but she didn't get the best run so I'm sure she could be much better. I'm planning another run as soon as I sort out my current plants. Same for my Zamaldelica, btw. Patience. Do it right.

The two Tikal fems are the only Ace genetics I'm running right now. I'm still working on my garden room and I didn't want to risk too much if I run into problems. The others are one booberry kush, gifted by dank.frank at Stank Bros a long time ago and some bagseed--one white cookies and two purple haze. I've got nice clones of everything. I'll keep favorites from this round and start culling the rest and then start more seeds. That's my plan for now anyway. And I've got my eye on several other Ace lines to pick up as soon as I get my room finished.

At just over 2 weeks of 12/12 one of the purple haze gals is living up to her name! All of her little flowers have gone totally purple! Hope she's a good smoke.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77742&pictureid=1872810&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77742&pictureid=1872809&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77742&pictureid=1872808&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Very smart, I remember sadly the time I popped 3 packs of KC33 and all but 5 of them died because my room wasn't dialed in. Running bagseed is always fun, hope you find something exciting.