What's new

My 2016 Outdoor Grow (Southern Hemisphere)

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
wow thanks for sharing your adventure palito! it's gonna be cool to see what's happening in uruguay through your eyes.

the plants look great! sorry to hear about those ants. have you seen that product "tanglefoot" here in the states? maybe you can find or create something similar to thwart those little buggers. it's basically super sticky goop that won't wash off. you cover a few inches of the stem with it and (flightless) pests can't cross it.

a barrier of diatomacious earth around the base of the plant has worked for me in the past as well, but again, not sure if you have access to that.

i'll grab a seat and stick around for the show :lurk:

Palito_Blanco

5kKvL2ZNC8PRCw8H8

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Hey palito nice grow man. im on the east coast USA as well. for the mulch u can just get some leaves that has feel from the trees there. that is what i use as mulch and it works great and on top of that after time goes by it will break down into leaf mold which is very benefical for the soil and plant.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

I've gone real thick with mulch this season pittymick and never had healthier plants for it. Everytime I topdress I put another layer of mulch down.

been a dry year mate , your plants are healthy as ,be ready to do there thing soon. look forward to the pics .

B

BAKED_BEANZ

ants , thats a new one . kind of glad never encounter that by the sounds of it . theres several ant kills you can buy . from hardwares ect. can't believe you can't buy mulch .

Palito_Blanco

wow thanks for sharing your adventure palito! it's gonna be cool to see what's happening in uruguay through your eyes.

Thanks Heady Blunts :tiphat:

the plants look great! sorry to hear about those ants. have you seen that product "tanglefoot" here in the states? maybe you can find or create something similar to thwart those little buggers. it's basically super sticky goop that won't wash off. you cover a few inches of the stem with it and (flightless) pests can't cross it.

a barrier of diatomacious earth around the base of the plant has worked for me in the past as well, but again, not sure if you have access to that.

i'll grab a seat and stick around for the show :lurk:

Hey palito nice grow man. im on the east coast USA as well. for the mulch u can just get some leaves that has feel from the trees there. that is what i use as mulch and it works great and on top of that after time goes by it will break down into leaf mold which is very benefical for the soil and plant.

Thanks Kygiacomo! I'll be spending some time collecting those leaves. My priority task for the ladies.

I believe I follow you on instagram. Love watching the guys in Uruguay do their thing.

Photosynthesis, yea theres a few people doing some big things here. I'm also the same name on Instagram as this forum. I see you guys out in CO doing some good work too.

ants , thats a new one . kind of glad never encounter that by the sounds of it . theres several ant kills you can buy . from hardwares ect. can't believe you can't buy mulch .

Pitty, The ants dont even eat the leaf. They're actually mold farmers. They build these huge piles green debris and sticks. Then eat off of the fungus they raise. Got to respect that level of intelligence.
What I did the past two months was wrap duct tape sticky side out around trunk of the trees. It worked well until the plants out grew the tape and I didnt replace it. Wont do that again.

Palito_Blanco

Still doing ok?
No. I'm running into issues. And losing plants fast. What I thought was N def. Is actually another issue. I can't figure it out and I'm losing the race at a really quick rate. The pH here is about 8. Water and soil. Soil that the roots can spread into are a clay based.
Let me show some pictures.

Palito_Blanco

First two pics are of Amnesia Haze. As you can see almosthalf the plant has been lost.

The second two pics are of Rotten Panda. Nowhere near as bad but noticeable more everyday. This plant has a few tips burns where the leaves are turning pale.

I keep thinking something is locked out from high ph.

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20160129_062710.jpg
    IMG_20160129_062710.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20160129_062731.jpg
    IMG_20160129_062731.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20160129_062815.jpg
    IMG_20160129_062815.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20160129_062850.jpg
    IMG_20160129_062850.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 10

Palito_Blanco

Just checked EC of my city tap and my well.

Tap is reading EC of 329.

The well water that I use 90% of the time is reading 3,200 EC (Is that possible!?!?)

Attachments

• IMG_20160129_065511.jpg
    IMG_20160129_065511.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20160129_065642.jpg
    IMG_20160129_065642.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 10
B

BAKED_BEANZ

fusaruim may be a possibly . they were looking really good . it takes hold like that in a week there gone . can't save them if thats what it is . soil pathogen. not saying it is though . haven't loved them too much have you and watered them too much . you got a moister meter for soil. doesn't look like good drainage . don't mean to be negative . just trying to chuck ideas around .

how many plants are effected ? in the first pic where half looks ok other half is wilted , is the stem joint rotten .

ph 8 is too high 6.5 is around where you want to be

Last edited:

Palito_Blanco

fusaruim may be a possibly . they were looking really good . it takes hold like that in a week there gone . can't save them if thats what it is . soil pathogen. not saying it is though . haven't loved them too much have you and watered them too much . you got a moister meter for soil. doesn't look like good drainage . don't mean to be negative . just trying to chuck ideas around .

how many plants are effected ? in the first pic where half looks ok other half is wilted , is the stem joint rotten .

ph 8 is too high 6.5 is around where you want to be

Hey PittyMick, All good possibilities. I was watering around 60 liters per every other day. Sometimes daily. The top of soil always looked dry when I watered. Also checked the stem joints. No sign of rotting.
Im still thinking it came from water. Either high ph locking out or the water being too high. Im still in shock for seeing 3,200 ppm coming out of my old school well.

gorilla ganja

That does seem high for well water. The well water can be loaded with certain salts and minerals though.
Check with the locals.
Also I think your right about the PH. Have to bring it down.
Good luck

Peace GG

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Top of soil may be dry but the bottom may be holding water. Do you have boring beetles down there? They can do the same thing. Aloha DB

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Lowering the pH and the ppm sounds right. Ive heard Sulfur is used to lower the pH. My native soil has the opposite kind of ph so I use calcium to raise the pH. If you can't save them with organics you might consider using some chelated nutrients for the rest of the season.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

60 litres every other day , seems way too much . you also said there,s clay underneath . your talking 180 litres a week . ph too high too much water . need to get a moister meter with a decent probe length . i,d say it,d be off the charts . its all learning . if you decide to pull one out that isn't going to make it . check the roots and the soil wetness underneath the plant . may just be root rot .

as mentioned the top soil may look just fine , they may be sitting in pools of water at the root mass . less is best . we tend to over love our gardens

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I think pittymick has a good idea of pulling one that you know isn't going to make it to see what the roots and soil are looking like down there. If it is in fact root root have you ever heard of a product called Actinovate and would you be able to get it down there? It is a biological control that fights the bad root rot pathogens. :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts