What's new

My 2 Malawi

Levitationofme

Nice! There seems to be a few variations that take different finish times. I go by red hairs and milky trichomes. And advice from dubi for best results.

Old Fogey

The taller, spear shaped plant might be the best I've ever grown. It looks dangerous.

It has trichomes on its pistles that can be seen with the naked eye and I've never observed that before in 20 years of hobby gardening.

I'm expecting well over an ounce from it and I made a few mistakes along the way.

I am primarily growing out beans from Peak Seeds for the foreseeable future but I have room for a couple of exotics too and I am so pleased that I gave Ace Malawi a run. There will always be at least one in my grow from now on.

I have a cutting from the better plant and I'll be re-vegging the mother and at least one other of the two younger females I have.

I planted 10 beans for 10 seedlings. 6 males, including a great plant with amazing structure which I've kept for breeding some fun F1s and 4 females (2 at day 100 or so and another two at day 30 or so ) and I have a definite keeper in the bag.

I'm very happy with that and I can recommend Ace Malawi without fear of doing anybody a disservice, and I haven't even smoked any of it yet.

I will definitely try for some nice bud shots before I cut the plant down in coming days/weeks. And I will be back with a smoke report.

Peace

Old Fogey

....beans from Peak Seeds for the foreseeable future but I have room for a couple of exotics too and I am so pleased that I gave Ace Malawi a run. There will always be at least one in my grow from now on.

I have a cutting from the better plant and I'll be re-vegging the mother and at least one other of the two younger females I have.

I planted 10 beans for 10 seedlings. 6 males, including a great plant with amazing structure which I've kept for breeding some fun F1s and 4 females (2 at day 100 or so and another two at day 30 or so ) and I have a definite keeper in the bag.

Peace

Actually, I didn't get 10 seedlings from 10 Regular beans of Ace Malawi.

I got 11.

One of the beans sprouted with 2 seedlings coming from it. They weren't co-joined in any way, it was 2 distinct plants. They were the runts of the crop but were good enough to persevere with but both were males and were murdered.

I've never seen 2 seedlings come out of 1 bean before, has anybody else?

Peace

Levitationofme

Not yet.
I did pop a few seeds this past week as the Malawi odyssey is slowly trucking along

I have a Pair of Ace Mix seeds that have germinated
and a pair of Panama Diosa x Zamaldelica Standard seedlings

Levitationofme

My new plan for drying single plant is to get a cardboard shipping box, Tall enough to hang the whole chopped plant in with some room for air flow. A small computer fan blowing air into
the box at the bottom and a small vent on the top.

Old Toker

Sorry if I missed the details of your grow.....but with this new drying plan what are you doing about odor control?

My new plan for drying single plant is to get a cardboard shipping box, Tall enough to hang the whole chopped plant in with some room for air flow. A small computer fan blowing air into
the box at the bottom and a small vent on the top.

Levitationofme

I have 2 Can Fan/Carbon Filters that run air thru the room and keep it smelling good.
I learned the funny way when I dried my first harvest. Little embarassing but i'm good now.

Old Toker

Thanks! So you're going to try drying in a cardboard box in your grow room? No concerns about heat/humidity?

Levitationofme

I have 2 sealed grow boxes with external Charcoal filters in the room. which is a converted Garage with A/C. Room constant 74 degrees and humidity in the high 50's year round unless I want to change it.

Still not fully legal here so I keep things as hidden as possible. A casual walk thru and you would pick it out as you know what signs to look for, but I'm a slob easy to hide things.

Old Toker

..a converted Garage with A/C. Room constant 74 degrees and humidity in the high 50's year round unless I want to change it.
Thanks. Sorry about all the questions.
I have a 60"x60"x80" tent in a garage (lung room) with A/C and dehumidifier. My fan/filter is outside the tent pulling air from within the tent. Was also thinking of trying the large cardboard box method for drying. Exhaust the drying box into the tent and have a passive intake into the box. I would need to keep the garage 65/65 during the drying period.....which could affect the growing plants inside the tent. Still trying to wrap my brain around the best way of doing it. Fortunately I have plenty of time to come up with something. Thanks again for the info and congrats on your grow!

Levitationofme

Thanks. Sorry about all the questions.
I have a 60"x60"x80" tent in a garage (lung room) with A/C and dehumidifier. My fan/filter is outside the tent pulling air from within the tent. Was also thinking of trying the large cardboard box method for drying. Exhaust the drying box into the tent and have a passive intake into the box. I would need to keep the garage 65/65 during the drying period.....which could affect the growing plants inside the tent. Still trying to wrap my brain around the best way of doing it. Fortunately I have plenty of time to come up with something. Thanks again for the info and congrats on your grow!

Us old Farts need to stick together !

Levitationofme

For a small single plant I have lined a wooden wine crate ( Opus One )
with Cardboard . I'm going to forgo hanging and just Lay them in there and rotate a bunch.

Ill have fricken lost the top, so I have to bullshit one.

To further complicate things I will drill a couple vent holes and mount a small PC fan. Put it on a timer. At least that's what my bong hit of Malawi is telling me.

Old Toker

To further complicate things I will drill a couple vent holes and mount a small PC fan. Put it on a timer. At least that's what my bong hit of Malawi is telling me.
I was thinking of going to a U-haul moving center and picking up their largest wardrobe/box. I've seen some that have a top that comes off and a bar about 3/4s of the way up the box. Would (IMHO) be perfect for drying one plant at a time. Unfortunately.....it's been 20 years since I needed one for moving. Hopefully they are still around.

In an attempt at brotherly solidarity....I took a couple of Malawi hits before posting this. Just the kind of Old Toker that I am.....:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts