What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My 2 grow after 15 years :)

unigreen

Hello!

Just started new grow after 15 years.

I have a few questions – hope you guys can help me out.

1. My RO water pH after I filtered it out is 5.8, but after 24h when I keep it in an open bucket, the pH rises up to ~8. What's going on ? Do I need to mix nutrients and adjust pH just after it's filtered, or do I need to wait till pH stabilized at ~8 and then mix nutrients and set proper pH ?

2. Is watering 2 - 2,5 week old plants with EC 0,3 every time I water is ok ? Or is it better to water them just RO water every second watering ?

3. If I just use RO water for every 2 watering, do I need to set the pH of that water ? My idea is that RO water cannot buffer the pH of medium, but I'm wondering is it true?

X7t2zRA.jpg

Kx1OdUB.jpg

bE46fuD.jpg

glMPliA.jpg

hpcRcif.jpg

PBqfeJv.jpg

8JjEwFr.jpg

fCaaOvC.jpg

- also in the last photo - is it a sign that plants are hungry ? I know it works when plants are big and the oldest leaves show hunger like that.

Many thanks for future answers :)

Best regards !

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
EC probably a bit low already. Looking good, tho. Those could be slight defs signs. I would let water stabilise before ph-ing it.
Are you feeding them enaugh Cal Mag?

unigreen

Thanks for reply.

I just gave them 3x nutrients: EC 0.3 + add Canna rhizotonic until I get Ph 6.5 = EC 0.4

What EC would be ok for now ? 0.6 ? Still remember rule nr. 1 in feeding - Less is more :D

Rhizotonic rises Ph significantly.

Mag amount in nutrient is OK, but with calcium I plan to foliarly feed them - but don't know when is a good time to start with that...

Cheers

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Start the Ca already! go 0.6-0.8 with no worries. soon they will need 1.2 and you'll be behind if you don't act. I do agree less is more, 0.8 is what some are feeding from germination, first day, in the comercial world.. It's not much, and in no case too much!
Is that soil or peat or soilless? Tell us more!

unigreen

It's a peat.
Some are in soil mix for seedlings.
Can I start foliar feed them now with calcium ? 30 min before the lights turn on - right ?
Or there is better option with normal nutrients like some kind of that new chelates?
Don't want to add epsom salt because there is possibility to get too much mag...

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Epsom salt doesnt contain Ca, just Mg and S. Yes I would start ca foliar right away. U can spray before lights down or just dim lights or raise them till they dry a bit, which should be under 30 mins anyway. The finer you mist the better it is.
Ofc it would be easier and safer to provide your Ca by fertigation as well, as you will not be able to spray them in flower..

troutman

Seed Whore
I notice you're running a small humidifier. If you misted around the pots it would raise the humidity a lot
considering you have a large table. I think it's basically transplanting time. Plants get stressed in small pots.
pH down and pH up arent expensive and a few drops per gallon should fix your pH issues.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Do not forget to mix it well in, better put it in before anything else, and not let it meet P solutions in any high concentrations.

unigreen

I notice you're running a small humidifier. If you misted around the pots it would raise the humidity a lot
considering you have a large table. I think it's basically transplanting time. Plants get stressed in small pots.
pH down and pH up arent expensive and a few drops per gallon should fix your pH issues.

Yeah, I've got ph down ( nitrous acid ) like 20 L :D but when I need to rise Ph up I'm using canna rhizotonic because it rises ph very well.
There are 2 humidifiers, and I'm keeping ~70% rh ( so its kind of 60-65% real rh I think )

Today larger pots was delivered ( 5,6 L ) so I plan to transplant one next few days ( root system isn't big enough I think, at the pot walls are just few single roots ) so maybe 2-3 days more at these smaller pots ?

_Kush70

Hello!

Just started new grow after 15 years.

I have a few questions – hope you guys can help me out.

1. My RO water pH after I filtered it out is 5.8, but after 24h when I keep it in an open bucket, the pH rises up to ~8. What's going on ? Do I need to mix nutrients and adjust pH just after it's filtered, or do I need to wait till pH stabilized at ~8 and then mix nutrients and set proper pH ?

2. Is watering 2 - 2,5 week old plants with EC 0,3 every time I water is ok ? Or is it better to water them just RO water every second watering ?

3. If I just use RO water for every 2 watering, do I need to set the pH of that water ? My idea is that RO water cannot buffer the pH of medium, but I'm wondering is it true?

X7t2zRA.jpg

Kx1OdUB.jpg

bE46fuD.jpg

glMPliA.jpg

hpcRcif.jpg

PBqfeJv.jpg

8JjEwFr.jpg

fCaaOvC.jpg

- also in the last photo - is it a sign that plants are hungry ? I know it works when plants are big and the oldest leaves show hunger like that.

Many thanks for future answers :)

Best regards !

Love the nice fat leaves... I had a sundae Sunset set like that.. 👍🏻

unigreen

Aloha ! 🐸

Growth seems to go forward.

Seeds are legal - thc <0.2 😜
Some of them are 60/40 sativas, some indica, some have Critical XXL genes.
Oldest ones are 60/40 sativas +few of them are 100% Indica.

Yesterday I tried foliar feed them Yara Terra calcinit flakes - 9g / 3 L solution, just spray few plants to see i didnt miss the math - but everything seems to be allright so today i spray rest of them.

Also Canna mono Calcium should be delivered today.

I add another part of seed.

KxNSqidm.jpg

rREFEGem.jpg

ZzLkC6Jm.jpg

GcwP5Ozm.jpg

rTQ5jsZm.jpg

vgkTGium.jpg

hS4zSqpm.jpg

mxNF5aLm.jpg

q1rq3wgm.jpg

NeNAXc5m.jpg

pFf0qGDm.jpg

Jah bless !

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Next time add epsom salt too to the Ca spray. And I think you used a lot, u shouldn't spray solutions so concentrated on leaves. I think u were about EC 3 there. That should be a crime, buddy. For a safe spray dilute that 3-4 times.

unigreen

damn...
This ratio was on the package of calcinit ( 0,3 - 1 kg / 100L )
I used 0,3 kg / 100 L ( 3g / 1 L )
Going to check ec of rest of the solutions i have there 😩

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Bro you either think 30 grames is 0.3 KG, or that meter is broken by a 10 times order of magnitude. I can asure you there is a mistake somewhere.
3 gr a liter of yara liva calcinit should give us, in any and every case, 465 ppm N and 795 ppm Ca per liter, which my EC meter reads as over 3 EC mS.
Maybe post a picture of the contents they list on your Calcinit? I mean I heard they make it in diferent ratios based on where we are on the globe, but certainly never heard of a 10 times diluted version.

Last edited: