What's new

My 1600 watt grow show - Check it out and leave some feedback

GroTreesAllDay

I’ve wanted to post my grow up on IC for a little while now and finally got around to it. Hoping to get any and all feedback on my set-up and any tips/ suggestions are well appreciated. Here’s my grow:

-(2) 3x6 white grow trays under (4) 600 watt Lumatek's in "Super Sun II" hoods.
-28 plants per tray (4x7), for a total of 56, in 4 gal Bato pots in a 60/40 coco/perlite mix
-PVC drip set-up with 1/4" tubing and stake(sp?) baskets at each end, one for each plant, drain-to waste-out through hole drilled in the floor.
-For ventilation, (1) 6” vortex (cooling hoods) and (1) 6” elicent (split into two 4” bendable arms) for outtake, and (1) 6” vortex blowing fresh air in from the room next door and up through 3 what I call “chimneys” of 6” bendable ducting (1 in each corner), as well as passively under the door for intake.
-Using most of the advanced line at moderately heavy strength.
-Also using Hygrozyme (day 1 of each week only), and Organics Alive intermittently throughout the grow-between 3 and 5 times total.
-Watering every other day, alternating between feed and clean water. This gives me an 8 day week with two feeds:

Day 1 - 10gal - Feed #1 per schedule (about 5-10% runoff)
Day 2 - Off
Day 3 - 15gal - Clean water rinse (10-15% runoff)
Day 4 - Off
Day 5 - 10gal - Feed #1.5 per schedule (average of weeks 1 and 2)
Day 6 - Off
Day 7 - 18gal - Full flush to flush out that weeks nutes (15-20% runoff)
Day 8 - Off and we rest haha)

-Strains are 2 kinds of Purple Kush (acquired from separate sources so I kept em apart), Purple Urkel, SnowCap, Thunderfuck, and just a couple AK-47.
-Harvesting around day 64.
-Hoping to yield 4++ of AAA++ dank.
-These pics were taken on day 38. Enjoy!

Last edited:
wow, awesome bro! can't wait to see some harvest pics. Hows that Pk doing it for you? Nomatter what the strain is always killer! best of luck and wishes bro!

niceguy

G

Greyskull

Nice looking.
You have worse OCD than me!
Nice nute cab, and killer looking grow! :canabis:

G

guest5703

Oh shit this is what I am talking about I am here til the end bro, good luck! PEACE Oh everything looks fucking PRIME DUDE excellent job!

G

Gratephul4THC

GroTreesAllDay,

your set up if amazing man, i couldn't offer any advice, tips, or suggestions to make it any better; great job!

The only advice i would give you is with your nutes, from the picture i can see you use a lot of the same products i use. I have been using Advance nutrients ever since i start growing in coco about a year ago. What i have notice in my experiences with them are Big Bud and Liquid Karma are amazing and they def make a difference in my garden. The sweetleaf is good too but i find that even just a little too much of it and it burns my plants, also i would only use the sweetleaf for about the first6-7 weeks of flowering; go any longer and they will make your buds taste funny at least with me. The Barricade i found was useless to me i didn't notice any difference in my plants when i used it. I found out though that it's basically ph up solution so it can be used for that. I found that out when i was ordering some stuff and the guy on the phone told me about it because i was about to buy both bottles and already had the barricade. The overdrive works decently but i have recently converted over to using Gravity instead, it works much better. I don't see it in the pic but if you do have Final Phase I WOULD DEF ADVISE AGAINST USING IT, that stuff did nothing but burn the hell out of my plants, if you flush properly you won't need to use. The sensi Cal Mag i have nothing against i have it so i use it, i can't say that for all my nutes though.
I hope my advice has helped you out even in the slighest way.

One more thing i also own The Cannabis Grow Bible, i got it years ago so when i started to grow for the first time. I love that book, it had a lot of helpful information that was easy to understand. Great to see that you actually read it!

-ONE

G

nice dude , this is almost the exact setup i wanna do . looks like its working pretty well. one ? im am curious as to what your canopy temps are? i noticed your cooling 4 hoods with one fan right? looks great ..peace

Last edited:
G

First off...WELCOME!!!!!!

You got the shit going nice and neat!
Always good having new friends here...
Be shure and update!

superjoint

I love this place,love posts like this, Trees love seeing this posted on here thanks for doing it, they look so sappy sweet. Coco Kills

G

gdawg

sweeet fuckin room trees. lemme ask ya, whats the air from the lights doin, goin through a scrubber on the other side of the wall? ya i think you'll be pullin 4 easy bro!

GroTreesAllDay

First off. thanks so much for all your positive feedback. As you all know, a lot of hard work went into this and its nice to hear your comments. Also, my apologies for lagging on this update, been working too much. I will try and respons to everyone. Keep the comments coming!!!

NorCalNiceGuy- thanks man i appreciate the props!! The PK is my favorite for sure, not sure if is the real deal PK but its dank enough for me either way...

GreySkull - First off, go lakers. Now that we got that out of the way, yeah i do have pretty bad OCD, those loose cords everywhere drive me crazy. To me having a clean and organized grow room, is the best preventative thing you can do...

CaliGreen - Glad to see you stopped in. Thanks for the positive vibes. Keep checking in.

Gratephul4THC - First off, thanks for really getting into this. I read your comment more than once. Agreed for Big Bud and Nirvana (AN Liquid Karma, same thing). So far i am pretty pleased with the SweetLeaf, i think it encourages purpling too, but i'll watch for the burn in these last few weeks. I also just use Barricade for ph up, works like a charm too. I don't use final phase but am interested in looking into something similar that is safe for plants and will clean out my drip system to prevent buildup and also aid in the flush. Please advise. Grow bible is awesome, ive read that thing countless times and have lent it to several friends for them to use. Peace and good lookin!

ESCOBLACKBART - I am cooling all 4 hoods with (1) 6" vortex but there is also a 6" elicent split into two just pulling air out of the room. The hoods are barely warm to the touch and canopy temps are 76-80.

LouGrew! - i am honored by your presence. Please advise oh great one..

SuperJoint - thanks bro! stay tuned for the juicy harvest pics!!!

gdawg - Thanks! The air from both exhaust fans is blowing out a window that is covered by a 4'x8' piece of plywood to block light. In the third pic down you'll see the piece of plywood, painted white on the inside and black on the side facing outside, covering a window, with the ballasts attached to it. No carbon scrubber cause i don't give a fuck! It smells the last few weeks but my neighbors are clueless... I'm looking into addind carbon scrubbers int he future though, just don;t have the time right now. Stay tuned!!

Well thats all for now, i'll try and get some updated pics up within a few days, first feed of Overdrive tonight so things are getting good now. Stay Tuned and keep the comments coming!! thanks to all that have checked me out!

Sweet! That is a awesome SOG my friend! Question how long did you veg them or how tall were your clones when you started 12/12 and did you prune?

GroTreesAllDay

Depends on exactly what you call veg, i'll just say it was 90 days since the day the clones were cut. When i started to flower the plants were 12-16" topped. Yes i pruned all the bottom nugs and stuff but not as much as i usually do; not even close to a "lolly-popping" but just an underneath pruning. Thanks!

Nugz

Awesome grow man! Good feeding schedule, similar to what I am doing. This way younever have salt build-up and the bud will taste really nice in the end. Gonna have to see this one till the harvest!

N

Neptune

really reminds me of my first room, clean and efficient! Really like to see growers with OCD cleanliness, it's the only way to grow bro. I grew without a carbon scrubber for 2 years, but I will never ever do that again. Only coment I have for you, since you got the rest worked out, get a scrubber imedatly... I had some scary visits man and you will too.. it's bound to happen if you stay there long enough. people DO know what that "skunk" is, weather they pretend not to or whatever... and even if you are medical. Get it, it's cheap.

600s can make some big plants!!

BerkeleyBoss

GroTrees - thats a nice lookin' setup you're running . . . cleanliness is next to godliness.
gotta love the bible, too!

are you doing anything to contain light on the open side of the garden?
any updated pictures?

PK is an amazing strain, gotta love it.

Neptune - that's an amazing picture, i wanna be like you! what strain is that?

Last edited: