What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mutation on headbanger

Demourok

Hi

Last month i got a sealed pack of headbanger.

I have started my grow 2 weeks ago but it seems that genetic is not so stable that i would.

Look at this mutant

picture.php

Is that normal?

I would say that a seed was missing in the package and now i got mutant plant .

Lot of guys said you were good guys at Karma , making great genetics , i'm so disappointed now ...

Bye

Badfishy1

Good day m8. If you have found a way to take all genetic mutations out of breeding, let me know and we will both become multi billionaires sir.

mack 10

Veteran
That's nothing to worry about,
it's just a kooky leaf trait.
your soil is slightly too hot but fine. ( you see the crinkled leafs,slightly pointing up)
just give plain water for a few waterings to straighten her out.
Headbanger is some classic herb,
I know you will love it when ready.
karma does good work.
grow it and youll know it.

good luck on the rest of your grow.

S

sourpuss

pretty harsh over a miss counted pack. i bet your talking otherwise by the time you finish a bag of your headbanger you grew. id even bet you would have beeen looking at some freebies with a better attitude lol...

good bye

Demourok

Hi

2nd mutant plant in this 11 seed pack.
Not looking for anything in fact .
I think that comes from SD genetic , that is not really healthy .
That could have been said on descripton.
1 muatnt may be lack of luck but 2/11 ....

EastKC

Hey friend, these are not bad signs believe me, i saw worst kind of leave mutations like 4 clawed leaves, doubled leaves, small retarted ones.. but when it comes to final quality those ladies surprised me..

So good luck and dont worry :)
Peace

Dog Star

Veteran
Your plant have problems inside root zone,when you see snake tonged leafes
that is a first sign of that problem,its actually not big problem as your plant
will overcome it and later hit normal leafes..

dont worry much..

Dog Star

Veteran
Yes,those like mutated leafes come cause of a problem in root zone..

routbound roots can do this,too much stiffed soil mix in pot and around roots,lack of oxygen for roots,etc..

Badfishy1

Hmmmm so not even banged up genetics but instead error on behalf of grower. Damn how easy it is to blame everybody else before taking responsibility for personal lack of skill/ knowledge

Dog Star

Veteran
LOL Badfishy.. dont be a bad fish on our member here... ;) hehehehhee

He didnt know for this problems so its natural he thinks its a breeding mistake..

if i sees this problem first time maybe i will be thinking a same.. also snake-toungued
leafes are a bit scary.. i can understand why he thinks its a breeders mistake or
some mutation...,but its not,it represent root zone problems.. you could read it
at organic forums..

and now everybody learned something new and we will be friends forever..,play nice
and kind.. :)

Regards dear folks

Budley Doright

Veteran
To me the true test of buying seeds...... did I get a keeper out of the bunch to clone.....

If you get that....you have little to whine about....

As far as your mutation.... that mutation didnt carry thru to the next leaf set.....

Demourok

I was wondering because 5 other strains that are in same conditions didn 't get any problems , only few headbangers.

Dog Star

Veteran
We could say they are more sensitive than other strains on this same conditions..

i grow now Headbangers and sees a same "problem" like you do sees on your plants,
its not geneticaly as plant overgrows this issues and later growing normaly..

more like strain dependant in some cases like its with Headbangers that we grow now.

I dont sees there mistake of a breeder... its not related to breeding those "problem"
so relax,nothing to worry.. plants growing further normaly if you agree..

Budley Doright

Veteran
I was wondering because 5 other strains that are in same conditions didn 't get any problems , only few headbangers.

It sounds like you dont have much experience growing.....

God help us all if your plants were to experience veriegation or something like that.....

Frankly you are wasting everyones time if you choose to post every little thing your plants do......

aquavitae

hi there demourok,

at this point your headbangers are probably doing better now, and previous posters have made good guesses to what your issue could have been. it would be interesting to have you share us the result with your HB run, just to see if you would be still disappointed.

and no budley doright, isnt this what IC is for, to document your experiences (for others)? usually, the more detailed the better, it is your choice if you will answer or not. ;)

keep us posted demourok!
AV

S

sourpuss

karma g, did you forget to carry the 1 when you bred these brother?

Budley Doright

Veteran
hi there demourok,

at this point your headbangers are probably doing better now, and previous posters have made good guesses to what your issue could have been. it would be interesting to have you share us the result with your HB run, just to see if you would be still disappointed.

and no budley doright, isnt this what IC is for, to document your experiences (for others)? usually, the more detailed the better, it is your choice if you will answer or not. ;)

keep us posted demourok!
AV

Better to post the flower pics and if you found a keeper...... thats what matters.....

If this leaf issue had a demonstrable effect on flowering then thats interesting......

Leaf anomalies would have been better mentioned at that time...

renne

As for the missing seed are you sure it wasn't stuck in the cap? had that happen to the pack I ordered this summer, it looked like one seed was missing but i did notice it in the cap but it wasnt easy to see and when I took the cap off it fell out
Cheers Renne