What's new

Mushu's SQ Round #3

Well guys.. I actually changed my mind and threw the lights on 13/11... Experimenting :)... And todays their second day of flower.. Day 26 over all

They're doin pretty well and I think the LST/top has worked out pretty well so far. I like the way its bushed out and should do fairly well I think.

Pics -
DSC_2687.jpg

DSC_2688.jpg

DSC_2686.jpg

DSC_2685.jpg

Also built a better carbon scrubber and I think it'll work out alot better than the previous one I had, temps are still the same with the new one too.

Also saw some cabinets at a West coast store, Ochard Supply Hardware.. Had some SWEEET cabinets that I would LOVE to get for my next grow.. But thats another story for another time..

As of today, I'm no longer giving the plants EJ Grow, it'll be bloom from now on and the Foxfarm Trio I have up in the first post.

Thats about it for now..

Until Next time..

Mushu :wave:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just spotted the Nikon lens cap - what model are you using? Your plant looks good, it kind of reminds me of a strawberry, very squat and bushy. It'll be great when it spreads out with the LST. :yes:

It is a Nikon D80, pretty good camera.. I have two lenses for it and its pretty much just used for vacation, paintball and this haha. And I think the plants responding so well to the LST cuz I started it out early and kept it as low as possible from the beginning. Lot better than the last grow where I had trouble keeping them tied down. Hopefully we'll see preflowers by the end of the week :)

-
ICMag said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sammet again.

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fingers crossed. I'd like to get a D80 one day, I'm using a D40x at the moment. :wave:

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes on the female... You were all RIGHT! :jump: :jump:

Day 7 of flower... I was able to pick up a digital outdoor timer thats got an insane amount of settings.. Lights on 9.15am - lights off 10pm. So about 11:15 of lights off and 12:45 of lights on. Now for those of you thinking well your plant might hermie... Well good! Thats exactly what I'm going for! I'll be running this for another 4-7 days of this light schedule and depending on how the flowers are coming along at the end of that I'll be giving them 1-2 days of 24/0 to force a herm as that Is what i'm actually going for on this grow. Collect seeds :)

Enough of that... Pics of the lady!
Its a girl! :jump:
50ee9d0b.jpg

She's looking very healthy, no signs of anything on the lower leaves(except a few that have been that way from the get go), all new growth looks nice healthy an finally shiny :) I built a bucket to prepare my nutes in for feeding but i'll post more on that later in the thread.. Lets just say the lady's been lovin it :)

6bb39770.jpg

a7ffc323.jpg

464e97db.jpg

She's so Bushy!
56c92f89.jpg

And thats that for the plant! As of today I have ceased giving her any N. On to the bucket I've built. I took a standard 5 gallon bucket and put in a 3/4" tub drain with a valve on it so its easy to get my watering utensil(standard 500ml water bottle with holes punched in the lid, found this works to get an even watering on the plant and give them just the right amount). It has a 40g air pump on a 36" flexible air wand, and a 10g air pump on a 6" air stone(gonna get a ceramic one to replace this one). Also have an old Swiftech MCP350 water pump I used to use to cool my old computer before I built my new rig. 116GPH and up to 10.8ft of head.. So its a pretty decent pump for its small size. Hooked that up to a 12v adapter and away I went :). I have this running a loop back into the bucket itself(only two gallons at a time) so theres PLENTY of oxygenation and flow of nutes so they're constantly mixing and being aerated and letting the beneficials do their thing in the water before I dump in the plant.

Current mix @ 2gallons tap water(aerated for 12-24 hours for chlorine):
2 Tbsp of EJ Bloom(0-3-1 bat guano, marinebird fossilized guano, sea kelp, natural sofate of potash, steamed bone meal, oat bran, rock phosphate)
2 Tbsp of Budswel Dry(0-7-0 earthworm castings, bat and seabird guano)
2 Tbsp of EJ Catalyst
2 Tsp of EJ Microblast
1/4 Tsp of Open Seseme (5-45-19 Not added until mix has had at least 2-4 hours to aerate) Last and only round of that will be for the next two waterings, after that it will be Beasty Bloomz 0-50-30 @ 1/4 teaspoon( 1/4 is recommended for 1gallon))

This is applied every watering via my 500ml bottle.. Usually takes only one bottle a day, sometimes two if I water her in the morning and again at night, but the next day will only be one bottle.

Pics of the bucket:
9f2c6343.jpg

2b76841e.jpg

fc6a6d80.jpg

01d8dfd4.jpg

ac0bb6ec.jpg

7320d346.jpg

Specs on the pump here: http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcp350.asp

Works pretty awesome so far :) I think this is how I'll be doing some of my grows.. I took this idea from basically a Bio-Bucket, the beneficials will thrive in the aerobic atmosphere(I probably should put in some lava rock) and break the nutrients down so its all readily available to the plants along with all the microbes that are instantly available.. Next grow will be using this same bucket, Cab, and similar container in a Modified Micro Hempy bucket style :joint: .

Think thats about it.... I'm stoked as hell for the little lady as I think I might get a pretty good yeild off the one plant.. Its about a 3liter container, so not quite a gallon, so should be pretty decent :)

Until next time...

Mushu :joint: :wave:

Well guys... Grow came to an early close due to moving... I cant keep the plant in its current case and no place to put it when I move out, mostly security issues with.. wtf is that thing... So i'm ditching it before the move date... Got all the way to day 17 of flower.. plant was pretty healthy and I was really looking forward to finishing... but i'm more excited about movin than anything for more room and better security... So i'll still be pluggin around the forums... lurking.. waiting.. planning my next grow... Sad eventuality I thought wasn't going to be taking place for a little while longer yet.. looks like i was mistaken... So.. Thats all for now.. Keep it green.. And i'll come back around when the next grows up an hoppin :)

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear that Mushu - I'm sure you'll manage to flower out a girl one day. :wave: