What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Multiple explosions rock London

R

Ronley

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/07/london.tube/index.html

Multiple explosions rock London
'Terrible injuries' reported in blasts

Thursday, July 7, 2005; Posted: 6:08 a.m. EDT (10:08 GMT)
LONDON, England (CNN) -- Near simultaneous explosions rocked the London Underground network and three buses at the morning rush hour, police said, causing injuries and prompting officials to shut down the entire underground transport network.

Some media reports said there were fatalities.

The explosions came a day after London was awarded the 2012 Olympics and as the G8 summit was getting underway in Scotland. Initial reports blamed a power surge, but officials were not ruling out a terrorist attack.

"There have been a number of dreadful incidents across London today," said Home Secreatary Charles Clarke, Britain's top law enforcement officer. He said there were "terrible injuries."

The Tube blasts at the height of the rush hour on Thursday were initially blamed on a power surge.

But amid the chaos eyewitnesses reported that a packed double decker bus in the Russell Square area had been severely damaged in a blast.

A second bus was reported to have been damaged in Tavistock Square.

Describing the Russell Square blast, eyewitness Belinda Seabrook told the UK Press Association she saw an explosion rip through the bus as it approached the Square.

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," she said.

She said the bus was travelling from Euston to Russell Square and had been "packed" with people turned away from Tube stops.

Travellers emerged from underground tunnels covered in blood and soot. Scotland Yard declared the emergency a "major incident."

Emergency services were called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion shortly before 9 a.m.

A short while later, London Underground said there had been "another incident at Edgware Road" station in north west London.

Copyright 2005 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.

G

Damn those terrorist sons of bitches to the lowest hell.
I hope my London buddies are safe

:badday:

Bigmone357

Yes This is just a disaster there is alot of victims I hear.This is a show from terrorist that they are still out there alive & well.Doesn't look like the war on terrorism is working they better go back to the drawing board.I hope nobody that comes here got hurt or worse may Jah bless londonians & help them recover. Bm357

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
7 blasts, 6 underground tube stations and a bus.
The stock markets were doing too well, the terrorists will make a packet out of the fall. Did anyone notice last nights dow dip, someone knew something.

G

GMT said:
7 blasts, 6 underground tube stations and a bus.
The stock markets were doing too well, the terrorists will make a packet out of the fall. Did anyone notice last nights dow dip, someone knew something.

Someone always knows something.. :fsu:
Wonder why the terrorists didnt attack on the Live8 gig day. I mean good that they didn't, but if u'r pickin' yer spots to do the most damage..
Maybe they wanted to shock the city that got the olympics? i dont think this was coincidence..
Trying to get hold of my London pals but the cellular lines there seem to be down or busy all the time.. No wonder tho.
Well just gotta hope everyone is safe

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
This is some bad shit!!!

Why do people wanna kill...all parties included

Growdoc

G

Our thoughts and prayers are with all our Brittish friends during these most difficult times.

Bigmone357

Growdoc said:
This is some bad shit!!!

Why do people wanna kill...all parties included

Growdoc
They love to kill just like we love to grow weed they have their own websites just like we have this weed forum.They are very slick & stealthy just like us accept they do bad things we don't.Peace Bm357

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
hoping all our london friends and any of our ICMAG family that might be in the area
are all OK was is the world so full of ASSHOLES ,we need a great big FLUSH HANDLE
on the earth so we can rid our selves of these cowardly pieces of shit

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Has been a shocking morning here. :yoinks: All tranportation is shut down now (trains & busses)
and the army has been called in to greater London. There are still people trapped
in underground trains that they are trying to reach (King's Cross tube station).
PM Blair just on TV, he's leaving the G8 and coming to London to assess things.

Very sad state of affairs here :badday: Damn those who did this! :mad:

dg

G

Word over here is that its been vindicated by Al Qaeda.

Are you two OK Dutch?

Hope the other Brit ICers are doing well. This is all just awful. For my friends in the London area, I'm in Italy, but if there's anything at all I can do for you please let me know!

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
hittin below the belt

hittin below the belt

these mofos play by no rules. hittin public transports in morning rush is some buuuuuullllshite.
Hope there aren't too many casualties. To our English buds...sorry to hear it. Best thing you can do is go back to living your lives as normal(as much as possible).Screw these terrorist wankers.
cc

Sleepy

Veteran
these people make me sick!

i hope that when they are found, they just hang 'em.

no trials. :bat:

tis a sad day.

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
it will be ok in time

it will be ok in time

I feel for ya being in the states I know how this bad shit is now. Its not cool. Hope everything get right again quick. I will have a smoke for you all and watch tv as it gets better. Bush just got off our tv doing a live statement. So I feel this is not good. Watch them start hitting everybody else not just the us. Then will you all help us(talking to the world). I went on there for a while Im stoned. So this will sink in further. I hope this doesnt affect any of the seeds stores or slow delivery times.

Dr. D

Veteran
its a shame they target the public wen its the government that they are supposed to be targeting...im gonna go ring true and Marley make sure they are cool...peace

G

We (stankbud and I) got up at 5:30am CDT, turned on the news, and this was the first thing we saw. Unfortunately, we can believe it happened. Not the first terrorist attack, and won't be the last.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those who were hurt or killed in this tragedy.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Me and Marley are cool, as are families. So sad.......still shock and panic at the moment in london.
Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts