What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mulanje Gold

GorillaGlue

Hey Bamboozle - I grew some of Holy Smoke Seed's strains:

Malawi:

[URL=http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s419/threadstix/MG%20HS/WOGTrimDay1.png]View Image[/URL]

Mozambique Poison (male)

and

Mulanje:

[URL=http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s419/threadstix/MG%20HS/MainlineMulanjesTipSept24.png]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s419/threadstix/MG%20HS/MainlineMulanjeBG2Nov21.png]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s419/threadstix/MG%20HS/MainlineMulanjeBGDec02.png]View Image[/URL]

Smelled just like Bubblicious bubblegum on the plant and smelled like catpiss when drying. Now in the jars it smells like cheese :p

Not the best bag appeal but it will numb your lips and make you feel like you are falling off of the face of the earth for the first 20 minutes and then giggle and go on tangents for 4 hours ^^

[URL=http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s419/threadstix/HTCC/HTCC2013Prep9Mulanje_zps1bbe22be.png]View Image[/URL]

Cheers,
Mo

Hello Mo, Any Mozambique pollen? If you're liking TGA-gear, may I suggest Chernobyl, Jack-the-Ripper, or Ripped Bubba hit with that MP pollen?

Or if you're thinking keeping it sativa-dom, I'm thinking a fast-finishing C99, Jamaican, or a non-Dutch Durban.

idiit

Veteran
WOGTrimDay1.png

The Malawi is such a great stealth grow for backyards.

^^ my thoughts as well Rusty Mohican. :) :)

B

Bob Green

Any of you guys tried their Swazi Gold yet? I was gifted a pack as freebees and cant find a lot of info.

I must say I am way more impressed with the pics on this post then I thought I would be!

Looking forward to seeing your reports!

pinkus

Veteran
I have never seen anything chunk up like that so late..

That's a pretty classic equatorial sativa trait. I have a mixed pack of malberry I got awhile ago... I'm kind of waiting for an outdoor location, though greenhouse is probably more suitable. I don't even know what's what in the mix, only they are likely to be unruly monsters with LONG flower periods. Good to see someone making good with these :)

idiit

Veteran
i just ordered some mulanje gold from malberry. he gives two packs for 1 and his prices (for 1 pack) are very good imo.

the mulanje gold is reputed to be very potent, psychoactive and euphoric.

i consider my malawi gold from seeds of africa to have the best breeding potential from early tests. i've got 3 hybrids off a male mg and i'm running clones of my killer mom malai gold soa i found. exciting potency and psychoactivity.

Mulanje_Gold.jpg

^^ pic. off 420 mag of mulanje gold

I finished a couple Mulanje Gold that went 17 weeks, very trippy high, not unlike shrooms, its just that the taste is very grassy/piney and not to many others like to enjoy it with me,

^^ link here:

not too many smoke reports on mulanje gold but the few out there are very positive.

idiit

Veteran
got em within two weeks. 50% germination rate. ran both packs. the keepers have very good vigor. even though it's late in the year (beans started 6/20 or so) i'm wanting to put some od real soon. i'll keep a couple males and females inside for future seed stock. i can flower out wherei'm at until end of november. figure july indoors, aug, sept, oct, nov outside = 20 weeks.

combine late flowering with extreme vigor and you get mu-zilla! :)

mofeta

Veteran
Hey, right on, thanks.

Good luck with the Mulanje, I haven't tried any yet, but have heard really good reports here and there.

idiit

Veteran
actually , now going with mulanje gold/tw seedlings. 'tw' pheno from Bodhi's white lotus. gave out so many mulanje gold beans gots to keep what's left for new bean run. last p2 batch had poor germ rates anyway... will contrast these with soa mg/'tw' seedlings for comparison.

gives me a chance to see how the 'tw pheno' male does in hybrids, see how the two malawis do head to head in hybrids.

I grew out the Mulanje Gold from the 10 pack I purchased from Holy Smoke. I crossed on of the colas with TGA Jillybean. I call the cross Jillanje. I have been growing this cross in my backyard for over 4 seasons. One of the phenos has a cherry diesel smell.

I grew it in a pile of compost and it was the first time I didn't burn the tips on a sativa:

The only thing I added to the compost was Mad Farmer MOAB (PK) during flowering.

This plant was one of two clones and the other was looking very deficient in the number of flower sites. The difference was obvious.

Cheers,
Rusty

idiit

Veteran
great to have you posting again on this thread rusty mohican. that stealth Malawi grow was epic. :)