What's new

MTG Orange Creamsicle

Willjjonesvet

Flush time! I ran about 50 gallons of tap thru her and she has reached her peak. Harvest coming soon. The monster clones I took are vegging nicely. This strain is hearty and healthy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 10

Willjjonesvet

It's a very sweet smoke. The frost covers every inch, and is very sticky. Since I've popped this seed, I've come to find out that this strain is also the same as agent orange.

Where did you hear that? This is what they're supposed to be:
Agent Orange=Orange Velvet x Jack the Ripper
Orange Creamsicle=Orange Crush x Juicy Fruit Thai

Just finished a pack of these. We did Agent Orange and Orange Creamsicle side by side, looking for the ultimate orange plant to add to the collection. Both are absolutely amazing, but the Agents leaned more to the lemony/skunky orange side whereas the Creamsicles leaned more towards sweet vanilla / bubblegum orangeness. We got lucky and found a pheno that leans VERY heavily towards the original Orange Crush, which I remember so fondly from the 90's. It's ridiculously frosty and has that super vanilla orange ice cream sweetness. Also has very tight buds compared to the rest, with a very nice overall plant structure.

The Agent Orange is by no means a slouch compared. We got an extremely frosty specimen of that one as well, but it smells more like grapefruit with mild skunky undertones..... not quite what we were looking for, but very good in its own right.

The only problem is that the creamsicles tended to herm towards the end. No seeds as far as I can tell, but the bananas are there on most plants. The agents did not herm much at all. (A couple did very minorly, but the winner pheno did not at all.)

Potency on the creamsicles is very good, but I think the Agents win in that respect, though it's close. It depends what you're looking for in the effect. The creamsicles are slightly more mild but very euphoric.... I would compare it to a high quality blueberry style buzz. The agents are more "in your face" strong.... the jack really shows in the buzz.

Yields on both were very respectable. Not huge, but definitely not small either. There was a pretty amazing range of phenotypes; no two plants were the same. I think we got lucky with the 2 winners we got. Both will be staying in the rotation for a long time, I think!
For those thinking of trying it, I would def recommend it, but don't just pop one or 2. Granted all the pheno's were good in their own way, but these 2 winners stood out in all respects. Therefore I would recommend popping at minimum a full pack or more if you're looking for that original Orange Crush pheno. (We didn't get a stand-out pure orange pheno of the Agent orange, but the grapefruity pheno we got is very amazing; some of the most heavily trichromed herb I have seen in a long time. The lemony haze-ish Agent pheno was also super tasty and trichome laden, but the yields were poor and it was very sativa in its growth pattern.)

Overall the Orange Creamsicle is a winner in my book, especially if you were a fan of the Orange Crush back in the 90's, or Cali-O back in the 80's. It's my current go-to head stash herb thanks to the amazing sweet orange flavor and euphoric blueberry-like effects.

Sounds super tasty, GD. I love the orange flavored buds.

Yeah! We're trying to bring back the fruity flavors. It seems like all I hear about these days are GG#4 this, OG that.... fuel fuel fuel.

We want to introduce some fruity varieties with resin and potency to match (or even exceed?) teh OG. The orange strain is just phase 1 of our breeding project. Hopefully in 2+ years the final product will be ready.