What's new

Mr. Nice's Black Widow Seeds

Cool Moe

Veteran
Sounds sweet Tree, post some pics if you're able and I'll be watchin. Just finishing 4 Medicine Man ladies and the 2 Black Widow phenos are really special--main colas are giants.

Sideways

Probably get hammered for this but grew this outdoors last year and it didn't do it for me. 8 seeds 3 girls, all leafy not much smell or frost. The high and flavor were just ok. Grew them along side his 'shit' strain and was basically the same. Won't grow again.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow treetops good to see that ur still gardening.so r u gunna do a grow log for this one. Im sure wed all like to Black Widow flowers.

moondawg

Probably get hammered for this but grew this outdoors last year and it didn't do it for me. 8 seeds 3 girls, all leafy not much smell or frost. The high and flavor were just ok. Grew them along side his 'shit' strain and was basically the same. Won't grow again.

I grew it outdoors sideways. There were a number of pheno's - some took nearly 2 weeks longer to finish and to some extent, different kinds of highs. It was decent smoke, but my sensi star blew it away for potency- i mean they arent even in the same league. . And i have to say its the ugliest weed ive ever seen put in a bag. I dont care much about bag appeal, but U G L Y.

It seems to have lots of fans but im not really one of them.

xcrispi

You wern't kidding about the B/W seeds .
If Mr. Nices doesn't tickle your fancy I've still got that other guys version as well if your still interested . :ying:

Crispi

SICE

Always thought Mr.Nice seeds was quality specially the black widow aka original white widow. Any more reviews about this strain?

I ran a full pack of these about year ago.

Notes: sativa structure, huge plants, some have excellent yield and leaf-to-calyx ratio. As with all mr nice stock, variation within a seedpack is high. One pheno was reported as being an especially potent sativa. The fragrances ranged from mango to fruity/ overripe/ rotten/ to almost vomit-esque.

On a 10 point scale, I'd give it a seven:woohoo:. Worth running, good smoke, excellent yield, some phenos will be nice, definitely a lot different than any cali kush or whatnot.

It beat out the other packs I ran at the time: OGraskal alien kush f2 and a home made grape krush/pre98 bubba kush/ deep chunk cross, partly due to uniqueness, partly to yield.

At the same time, it lacked a certain je ne sais quoi that would truly make it match elites for quality smoke. Although due to the raw potency of the one pheno I mentioned, it came close.

Smokindogcujo

Looking forward to seeing you grow these out Treetops!

Kinda surprised to hear so many negative reports. I always thought MNS Black Widow would be the shit. I grew Dutch Passions White Widow a few yrs ago and it was awesome. I guess I figured MNS would be better! :dunno:

Grow Safe

SDC

Sideways

I grew it outdoors sideways. There were a number of pheno's - some took nearly 2 weeks longer to finish and to some extent, different kinds of highs. It was decent smoke, but my sensi star blew it away for potency- i mean they arent even in the same league. . And i have to say its the ugliest weed ive ever seen put in a bag. I dont care much about bag appeal, but U G L Y.

It seems to have lots of fans but im not really one of them.

Shit, you hit it on the head - grew sensi star out 2 seasons ago and it was dank. I usually try to withhold judgement till after the smoke but god damn the widow was not pretty or unusually potent. I still have plenty from last year. Hash maybe?

Black Widow

Black Widow

More deadly than a rattler

picture.php

white widow is a 50/50 hybrid and never was stablized! the original black widow was the reverse male/female of the white widow. then when mr. nice started his own seedbank he called his white widow;BLACK.

in the early years there were a frosty pheno and a "snow" covered pheno but never a stable unique "white" widow. i grew mr. nice version indoor and it was fantastic with a high THC power and a slight lemon smell and taste.

you want a weird looking plant, try the blue widow!

cravenmore: i have been bit by both and the diamondback is far deadlier then the spider; but the spider bite makes you sicker longer.

Last edited:

Treetops

Sounds sweet Tree, post some pics if you're able and I'll be watchin. Just finishing 4 Medicine Man ladies and the 2 Black Widow phenos are really special--main colas are giants.

Sorry, took so long to reply...busy weekend you know...Thanks Moe....With all the good things I've heard bout Mr. Nice seeds, I had to try them...LOL...:woohoo:

Treetops

Thats too bad...Damn! Dont like the sounds of that, but it does happen I guess....I only have 3 beans to start with...so we will see....Sorry about your bad experience...:(

Treetops

wow treetops good to see that ur still gardening.so r u gunna do a grow log for this one. Im sure wed all like to Black Widow flowers.

LOL...Yes,I'm still growin, but with the Grandson here, its a whole new ball game....Had to move my operation too the basement area...I'll be posting a grow log, at times...and we will all see some Black Widow flowers if all goes well....