What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr Greenjeans does the Seed Thang

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya sbaegis! :wave:
No worries mate, plenty of time - this is a 12 month party! Welcome!

HIya GPB! :wave:
No worries mate, pics tonight. Just developing start of true leaves. :canabis:

Hiya Alex! :wave:
Your last selection of strains inspired me! Thanks for visiting my friend!

The Budfather

thanks mgj i cancelled my order with the shady company and went with drchronic.com picked up some nycd and fem c99 plus i also just purchased a bunch of duthc passion goodies looks like im gonna have to make some bonsai mommas!!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey MGJ, so that was the reason for the de-ja-vou thread was it. At least you didn't do what I did. After I realised that my posts weren't updating the last post feature, and asking for a consensus in the chat room, I pmed Gypsy to see what I had been put in coventry for :pointlaug . I felt so foolish when finding out it was a site wide problem.
Waiting patiently for the update tonight.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Budfather!:wave:
Good thinkin on the change order, better safe than sorry! NYCD and C99 - that is gonna be a nice grow, great genetics. Lookin forward to some pics of your DP bonsai moms when you get them going!

Hiya GMT!:wave:
Yeah, the first time I saw the error, it read that it hadn't posted because of the error, so I re-did the msg ( I now save copies of the msg as I write ), and when the same thing happened a second time, I checked the forum before reposting again and saw the duplicate posts. Pure luck on my part that I peeked before hitting submit again:yoinks: Man, don't feel foolish - there is nothing logical about computer errors, how are you to know??? You had the huevos to ask, that's the mark of intelligence!:dueling::chin:

Here's the update...

The group of youngins at day 3 veg ( counting from day 1 in soil ):

Powerskunks:

Very healthy looking. Already seem to have a taller and shorter pheno.

C99xG13:

Very healthy here too. The 2 with crinkled labels were stretching like crazy, so I tenderly repotted them deeper 1.5 days ago. They didn't miss a beat.

Golden Pineapple:

Had 2 casualties since the last photos, both were overtaken by rot before they could shed their shells. The one on the right is a bit runty, but does have very small true leaves coming out now, so hopefully she will start catching up as soon as she has enough leaf to suck in a good amount of lumens. Since I only have 2 left I'll leave runty and be optimistic...

SourBubble BX1:

The one in the green pot was repotted deeper, it was 1.5x the height of the others. Didn't miss a beat either.

Since I've lost 4 seedlings altogether I'm germing 2 more C99xG13 seeds to add to the mix.

That's all for now, thanks for lookin! :wave:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
GREAT!!!!!!! Just noticed that I have a good load of some accidental Sensi Star x G13 seeds coming very soon :wink: and things are really running smooth now, about to do a huge load of seeds of that NHxG13 and also thinking about using a whole plant of C99 to produce more C99xG13 (these were done @ my partner Country Cowfreak's garden) so I can start the cubing/bxing both ways...lets just see, been very busy just growing out plants and now everything starts to look great...just like your garden my friend..:wave:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Hughie! :wave:
Thanks my friend, we aim to entertain at MGJ's Place. :woohoo: I know this will be a grow full of surprises...

Hiya FJ! :wave:
Wow - your SensiStar and Neville's Haze keepers x g13! They sound like a fab crosses, can't wait to see them in action! Betcha they look great! Lotsa love my friend! :wave:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Hughie and TML! :wave:
Thanks my friends! I'll post the next set of pics tonight or tomorrow - they're now at the stage where they're growing noticeably daily. The 2 newly germed c99xg13 went into soil yesterday, and they're already shedding their shells and poking their tiny green heads above the soil. Even runty the golden pineapple is growing well now.

Now I have to make a decision on the next clone run. Method and madness to decide on - the am99 and tw moms need a good trimming soon.

Be back a bit later.... :wave:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Without furthur ado, day 5 update :canabis:

Powerskunk day 5 veg:

C99 x G13 day 5 veg:

C99 x G13 day 1 veg

Golden Pineapple day 5 veg:

SourBubble BX1 day 5 veg:

The day 1 C99 x G13 are the first I've put under the 250W MH right from planting germed seed - the difference in growth from spending the first few days under 160W of floursscents is noticeable. Have to do this more often :smile: And the runty Golden Pineapple is starting to catch up.:yes:

Cya later! :wave:

BabyHughie

Hey MGJ wats your soil mix for seedlings consist of? And whats your feeding strategy with those little buggers? A little food in the soil and then straight water at first, or nothing in the soil and light feedings in the waterings?

They look good MGJ, real nice :D

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Still amazes me how quick they go once they shed that seed. As many times as I see it...it makes you wonder :chin:

I forgot to bless those lil babies with :ying: in my last post. So here's all the :ying: I can give. I got some good juices flowing lately too...I'm on a good female run, may your ladies be plenty :smile:

Growing from seed is like a box of chocolates....

:joint: :wave:

G

Looking good, I just love them when they are this young. You know they are about to take off and start growing like a weed. lolol No long for that will need a transplant. Good luck and can't wait to see them in a few months.
Take care,
BG

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Hughie! :wave: This time around I'm using 50/50 FFOF/FFLW with a tad of dolomite added. No real feeding yet - well I put a bit of Alg-a-mic in the water. No feeds until they start showing a bit of yellow, but that won't happen for a while. They'll be transplanted around day 14 +/- day 30, so fresh soil should take care of food needs for a bit. Thanks Hughie! :friends:

Hiya TML! :wave:
Me too. Even though I've been muckin with seeds of all kinds for 15+ years, I'm still amazed at how vibrant and vigorous young life is. Miraculous :headbange

Thanks for the ying :ying:, I'm actually hoping for no better than 50% - I'm running outta room!:D But if I do get more girls, I'll find some way to squeeze 'em under the light.

... like a box of chocolates... I must be sappy, I loved that movie!

Bubba Gump Buds - like shrimp crossed with lambsbread ( yeew )

Hiya BG! :wave:
Thanks for stopping by to say hello! Thanks very much my friend! Yes it will be a while and a transplant or 2 before they flower out, gonna try to give them whatever time they need to get to 2'+ before flower.

Seriously - very glad you're still around man, stay safe and happy!:yes:

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
MJG you have 5 seedlings out of how many seeds? I believe the shorter ones are the Skunk#1 as it wasnt a tall ladie and only about doubled in flowering in hight. Those taller ones are probably either males/PPPpheno/SkunkRedHair. :wave:

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
C99 x G13 out of these If you get a male keep him/pollen and look for short node spacing then size of same aged plant.

I would personally take any SOURBUBBLE Bx1 male thats vigorious and use him to make seeds. Look for in this order SmellSour , vigor, Potency. Males fan leafs can be smoked or used to make butter to test strength.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts