What's new

Mr. Chillum's PC Grow

geekusa

hey man, I'm having similar temperature problems in my pc cab as you were. Were you running three fans? Were they all exhausts or was one an intake?

Thanks a lot.

Very nice grow by the way.

x2. Having heat issues as well, what seemed to work to get the temps down the best?

Mr. Chillum

Thanks for the compliment. I tried a couple of different things to get the temps down. First, I switched from having an intake fan to a passive intake design. To do this I had to significantly enlarge the metal opening in the front of my case. I used a small hacksaw, but it could be more easily done with a dremel and metal cutting bit. The problem with the passive design, though, was that light got out through the vents near the front of my case. I found a way to shade the light using pieces of cardboard wrapped in the reflective material, however the temps were still high. So, then I decided to make the now unused fan a second exhaust fan.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=409972&ppuser=24248

Just to be extra careful, I went to my local big-box hardware store and had them cut me a piece of polycarbonate (clear plastic) to the exact dimensions of my case. I affixed it right in between the two fans, creating separate lighting and growing chambers. This way, the top fan was drawing out all the heat from around the lights and the bottom fan was acting as the primary exhaust for the air being brought in by the passive intake. My temps went down to optimum levels, and continued that way throughout the grow.

microgram

haha old thread, but that's awesome. I always have a problem with space. I guess we all do, but even more so with myself. I always go over board and try to make it completely stealth and... well, a grow room. I put my other grow box to use for vegging some plants to go outdoors this summer. I have two plants going in my other grow box, and they've MASSIVELY outgrown it. I don't have much room at all. The first grow box I made had major flaws, like no odour prevention, etc. and the second one does, but it's a HUGE CAN carbon filter with one exhaust fan. Since the ambient temp in this room was WAY TO HOT, I had to completely enclose the light and have a direct intake and exhaust to cool the fucker enough so that it went from 86 to 78. I only have one 6500K light in there, and my plants have bushed out pretty substantially. haha.
I was going to bud them, but then other plans have launched with a possible other grow. But anyways, my grow box is as perfect as I can make it, and as stealthy as ever. Only problem is the fact that one can only harvest a few grams worth of smokable dope from these grows. A fridge or cabinet grow would be pretty dope. :smoke:

ug. :smoker:

Mr. Chillum I'm thinking about using passive intake cooling on my pc build. I have a tower with opening door in the front. Did you leave that space in the front cut out and used it with or without fans?

Latest posts

Latest posts