What's new

Mr.Bitti's first CFL Bagseed Micro Grow

Rastatrue

HeyNow,
looks fine, love those fans. I'm learning that inside cabinet growing requires much less water. I love checking plants, and giving them water. In a big open space I never saw a problem. In that enclosed space it get humid. I'd report that the plants I give less water too, finish up the best,/ are the most tric covered, stickey/ vs the wet medium plants. It a big difference. Less Nutes/water are required. Lesh is more. Good luck/ stay safe.

Mr.Bitti

hey rasta thx for stopping by. I used to water everyday when i was doing outdoor back home in the tropics. RH was like 60-80% always and lots and lots of wind. Inside its a different story if that humidity just sits around then oh boy MOLD!!! This is my first inside micro cab grow and its a total learning experience i wanna do some sog next semester but i dont know how much cash im gonna have to order some seeds. Besides that i do got some viable seeds from some kush and other random dank, but i wanted to get some feminized K-Train. Anyway ill post up new pics soon, stay in touch!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Dude your ladies want more food 1/3 strength isnt going to work well you need to give them 3-4 dropper fulls of the Shultz 10-15-10 per gal with a tbs of Fish Emulsion and they should liven up I ad that same prob my first grow and I was under feeding just using it at half strength

Mr.Bitti

Thundurkel said:
Dude your ladies want more food 1/3 strength isnt going to work well you need to give them 3-4 dropper fulls of the Shultz 10-15-10 per gal with a tbs of Fish Emulsion and they should liven up I ad that same prob my first grow and I was under feeding just using it at half strength

you are right thundurkel. The prob is i got some MG soil right now, and im scared as shit to overfeed them. I got my Ph test kit today and my tap water had a ph of 8+ i mixed up some superthrive and about 1/2 strength schultz. Brought ph down to about 6.5 or close and going to water them tonight. I think that the alkaline water was preventing my girls to pull up nitrogen through the roots. therefore the nasty N deficiency i got. Ill feed them tonight with 6.5 ph water and test the runoff and go from there. Thanks to all for help it is all very appreciated, wish me luck. peace

what pH test kit did you order? where did you get it from? I cant seem to find any locally that will read pH on a bigger scale. the local ones only let me measure from like ph 6.0-7.0? these work alright, but i would like a better test kit. I love you lil box man, looks great. I got a cab myself that im just starting a sog. good luck and happy growing.

Mr.Bitti

richirich_99 said:
what pH test kit did you order? where did you get it from? I cant seem to find any locally that will read pH on a bigger scale. the local ones only let me measure from like ph 6.0-7.0? these work alright, but i would like a better test kit. I love you lil box man, looks great. I got a cab myself that im just starting a sog. good luck and happy growing.

Had to get the kit online at hydrofanatics. I live in a rather rural area and there is no hydro stores, just lowes. Its General Hydroponics ph control kit cost about 13 bucks but shipping might get ya.

Anyway i watered and tested runoff ph. turned out that it was around 4.5, Inpotwetrust got it perfect my soil is locking up nitrogen because its too acidic. I flushed it with atleast 4xpotsize worth of water and ph came up to 6. Waiting to see results tonight after 24 hour period. Thanks for the help guys, keep it coming!!

petemoss

Mr.Bitti said:
Anyway i watered and tested runoff ph. turned out that it was around 4.5, Inpotwetrust got it perfect my soil is locking up nitrogen because its too acidic. I flushed it with atleast 4xpotsize worth of water and ph came up to 6. Waiting to see results tonight after 24 hour period. Thanks for the help guys, keep it coming!!

Mr.Bitti, Inpotwetrust has it right...I have the same problem: bottom and some middle leaves turned solid yellow - a telltale sign of N deficiency. But the underlying cause is a low PH caused by the acidic peat. Do you have dolomite lime? Dissolve some lime in the flush water until your runoff PH is under 6. That should stop further yellowing.

Mr.Bitti

Update! i got my ph control kit on wednesday. i tested tap water ph and it was 8, so i thought that my soil was too basic. I ph'd some water and superthrive, and i also ph'd a gallon with fertilizer and superthrive. I watered a bit and tested runoff and wow man it was like 4.0. I figured out it was too acidic and started a flush with some ph 6.5 water. then switched to tap water at ph 8 and fed them that a bit. then i switched back to the ph'd water. After all that the runoff ph was 6. Fed one of them with fertz and one of them went no fertz just wanted to be safe. I'm gonna hit it tonight with the fert mix. check out the results so far. the plants are in different poisitons in the pics hope you like em.

and heres some pics of the perky girl, my camera died before i got any of the droopier one.

Mr.Bitti

Hey guys heres an Update!! Im in 3rd week of flowering day 26 on the one sitting on the right of the box, and day 23 for the one on the left side of the box. They got over the ph problems and are doing great now. Take a look, show some love if you like em!!!

both

plant on the left side

plant on the right side

both

clay

Mr. Bitti, girls looks great! bud almost all the way to the ground! nice.

I have questions:
- what size containers are you in?

- what size is that one big-ass cfl in the middle ? oh..i guess i could stop being lazy and just go back thru the thread and look. (*edit. 65watt. see, I'm not lazy. How much did that thing cost?)

- its been a couple weeks. did you get your pH worked out?

Last edited:

jennee

nice work........i usually get rid of dead/dying leaves. looks like you will have plenty to smoke during your next run. keep up the good work.

Mr.Bitti

thanks for the replies guys helps a brother feel good about his grow lol. containers are 6", and yea the ph is now 6.0 flat for the last few weeks. they never got really green again but the growth kept coming in strong. i got about 2 weeks left, ill post up before i cut them down. again thx for replies