What's new

Moving To Portland, OR: How Should I Transport My Weed There?

Moving To Portland, OR: How Should I Transport My Weed There?

• vacuum seal the jars, put in the U-Haul trailer (high temps, no air circulation)

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • don't vacuum sealing the jars, put them in the U-Haul

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • vacuum seal the jars, put 'em in the back of my truck (cooler, can open windows)

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • don't vacuum sealing the jars, put 'em in the back of my truck

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • vacuum seal the jars, have them ride up front with me

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • don't vacuum seal the jars, have them ride up front with me

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • send them through the mail (problem: I don't have an address to send them to yet)

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would advise against having ANY weed in the front passenger compartment with you, no pipes or papers either because all that is in a worst case scenario probable cause to search the trailer. They potentially could say they "Smelled weed" in your front passenger compartment and without your consent search the inside of your vehicle and if they did find anything your entire trailer is getting unloaded & you get busted.

Do not consent to any searches whatsoever if asked no matter what and if and when they try to intimidate you into doing so just tell them you do not ever consent to illegal searches and they are wasting their time and leave it at that. Be a prick if necessary because if you are too nice about it they think you are hiding something but if you are being an asshole and declaring your rights they don't want to deal with you 99% of the time. If necessary tell them you have a lawyer in your family and if they violate your rights you will sue them and pursue a case against them as you are a law abiding citizen.

The #1 thing here you want to avoid is a search in the first place, just because you get pulled over does not mean you get searched. I have been pulled over 100 times and never once searched although I have been asked for my permission to do so many times but have never consented. When they start threatening to bring dogs out and yada yada I laugh and sharply state they are trying to illegally intimidate me into an illegal search and remind them they are seriously wasting their time because I have nothing illegal whatsoever to find anyways. They do not want to waste their time.

Just remember, if they have to ask then they cannot do so without your consent.
So that means that whether you get busted or not is pretty much up to you.

Drive like a reasonable human being with nothing to hide and don't do exactly the speed limit in the slow lane or slower than the speed limit because that is something that they profile for when looking for the big bad drug runners. If you drive safely and do not think negative thoughts you have no reason whatsoever to get pulled over in the first place but even if you did it is not the end of the world just do not consent to any searches & listen to me about the weed/pipe in the front passenger compartment. It is not worth the risk so do not do it, keep it in the uhaul and keep a lock on it. :canabis:

Last edited:
H

Hal

Serendipity smiles on me....just had a slightly strange twist of events that will result in me NOT BRINGING THE WEED WITH ME! A friend in need is a friend indeed!

This will make things simpler....now, I'll just have to find a connection when I get to Portland....something tells me this won't be too hard. :)

Thanks to all who chipped in with advice!

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Excellent! Now you can get as high as bejesus and enjoy the trip without worry about being hassled.

Guiness

Serendipity smiles on me....just had a slightly strange twist of events that will result in me NOT BRINGING THE WEED WITH ME! A friend in need is a friend indeed!

This will make things simpler....now, I'll just have to find a connection when I get to Portland....something tells me this won't be too hard. :)

I won't call myself a connection, but I can sure help you find a Chinese restaurant here.

You are going to love it once you shake that east coast/west coast culture shock. We have beaches, mountains, forest, deserts and some sort of culture that is worth looking into.

Me, I have no culture. I just observe culture.

Socomvet

To bad your in a truck cause I would say POP THE TRUNK!!! or lock it in a glove box (with out your insurance etc lol)
..... or better yet next day air it to yourself.... No phones no smoking and keep it 5-10 mph over closer to 5 the better... GOOD LUCK hope you like rain and 3 months of sun!!!! PNW is AWESOME!!! I will never leave the westcoast!
:jump:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I disagree about packaging weed into separate pouches, that just SCREAMS drug dealer and even trafficking to some antsy LEO. I think you should sell 3 oz of it, and bake the rest into a batch of fudge for your trip (keeps longer than brownies, all cops know about brownies anyway.) Keep it in the trailer, in a cooler as advised above. You can be high the whole trip and be pretty relaxed and confident as you'd have no weed. When you get to Oregon you can use your $ to buy more very quickly.

Frozenguy

Veteran
I'm sure its been said, but make sure you have everything on your car up to code.

A cracked side mirror is reason to pull you over in a couple states.

Dont speed. Dont smoke. And uh, I vote for putting it in a few zip locs (inside each other over again) and into a beef jerky container surrounded by stinky pieces of beef jerky. If you like beef jerky, keep enough up front for you.

I've even been asked to have some beef jerky by an officer once lol. I gave him some. Had some buds stashed in a jerky container in the back seat :joint:

Lots of cops love beef jerky.

But if you are cool with everything, you wont get pulled over. Unless you have some extreme bumper sticker/paint job something like that.

H

Hal

Good thoughts Frozen. I bet police dogs like jerky too, so thats another reason.

"Officer, would you mind keeping your dog out of my beef jerky?"

Yeah, I got no crazy stickers or paint jobs on my vehicle.

Vehicle is all up to code as well.

I saw a video the other day about tips for not getting busted by police dogs. He said to either carry a cat around with you in the car, or at least let a cat run around your car for a couple hours before your trip. Its way to distracting for the dog and he wont be able to do his job right. *shrug*

H

Hal

One of the more interesting suggestions Kingsley....

I'll keep that in my head for future considerations.

Last edited:

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah go buy a fukin cat and let it run around and piss all over inside your car before and during the trip. They will never catch you then, you will be invincible! Load up the kilo's! :bigeye:

weedhead

I didn't read this whole thread so I am unsure of whether you decided how to disguise the odor of your cannabis yet. They can be found on amazon.com here is a link: http://www.amazon.com/WATCHFUL-EYE-...e=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1276393761&sr=8-4 They are used by backpackers to hide the odor of food from bears.

As to where you should put the marijuana that is a personal decision and if you really think about it you could find a safe place to put it. I don't know if I would advertise the spot you decide online though.

As for the seeds If I was really paranoid about them I would probably sew them into clothes. Jeans work well, and the part I have used successfully and without much pain is in the fly area. Most of the time there is a double layer near the zipper and a small hole can be cut the seeds inserted and then can be sewn up again. I don't even waste time sewing the whole shut, and as long as you don't stuff it full of seeds and there is no noticeable bulge most cops won't even bat an eye.

Hope that helps...

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You could also get a soda can safe for the seeds and put it in a cooler with ice packs to keep them cold! Throw in a few other soda cans for good measure! If you do not open the cooler it can stay cold for several days I believe. :canabis:

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
A leak was recently published on www.Wikileaks.com :

;)

All Police Departments look out for the following:

White male soon moving his ass to Portland!
His trip will be starting in North Carolina, appearance is average, the only thing that makes him look slightly alternative is a goatee that is longer than most guys wear, but its not even close to approaching ZZ Top style. Beard has turned pure white.
He looks like an old fart...but he isn't. (it's all disguise to gain trust).

He will be driving his Ford Ranger truck, pulling a U-Haul trailer. Truck still has a fairly new looking paint job on it, its a 2002 model. It has a cheapo aluminum cap on the back covering the bed, and this will be relatively empty, almost everything he takes will be in the trailer.

He is not sure of the best way how to transport his weed. He claims not having much, about 4 ounces or so (but they all claim that at first).
He also will carry a bunch of seeds, which are even more important than the weed in the long run. (double whammy if someone catches him!)
But, if he gets searched for some reason on the way by a cop with a dog, in one of those states in the middle of the country that have draconian weed laws, that amount would be enough to get him in a world of trouble.

He doesn't own any vacuum sealing equipment that would aid in hiding any smell from the cop dog. (he hasn't found out yet they are "el cheapo @ WalMart or can be "borrowed" there and then returned!) :moon:
To purchase this would likely cost around $100, maybe $150. He'd rather not have to make that purchase for just this one-time need. (He rather takes a great risk finding his new home behind bars instead!)

He'll taking his time - 2 weeks max, more likely 8 to 10 days, to make the trip.

As noted in previous paragraphs he has a great tendency to err on the side of caution, and this is the only reason he was seeking further opinion on the subject. He guessing most folks wouldn't think twice about transporting such a small amount, but he is still interested in how a larger sample would come out....so he put up a poll. (we all learn from public polls, TAKE NOTES!)

1) vacuum seal the jars, put in a box, then the trailer...this will probably get quite hot due to no air circulation in the trailer.

2) vacuum seal the jars, put in a box, then in the back of his truck's cab, will be cooler due to windows he can open. (he doesn't have AC!)

3) don't bother vacuum sealing, put in a box in the trailer

4) don't bother vacuum sealing, put in a box in the back of his truck

5) let 'em ride up front with him, vacuum sealed, in a box

6) let 'em ride up front with me, not vacuum sealed, in a box (dumbass!!!)
.....................................................................................:laughing:

7) don't transport the weed with him at all, send it through the mail (problem...he doesn't have an address to send it to yet)
................................................................................................ :laughing:

To be distributed throughout NC, TN, KY, MS, KS, NE, WY, UT, OR

Sincerely,

Interstate Supervisor Department (or something along that line) :wave:

An older Mugshot of the suspect in question:
(likely has trimmed his beard and eyebrows!!!)

Socomvet

You could also get a soda can safe for the seeds and put it in a cooler with ice packs to keep them cold! Throw in a few other soda cans for good measure! If you do not open the cooler it can stay cold for several days I believe. :canabis:
Even better would be to buy a 6 pack or 12 pack and open it then glue it shut with the safe LOL or stick it back in the ring if its a 6 pack and throw it on ice

<~Hades~>

So what Does that mean im shafted on them 5 gallon jugs of duraglide you had me order,,,,,That was a special order 50 Weight duraglide~ I also shopped Like you asked for a hourly rate on jack hammer to get that all in YOUR trunk !!!:wave:

i GOT THE GUINESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS coming tuesday Was gnna be a surprise......