What's new

Moving to Oregon need lots of input please!!!

420mike

Its a nice area though.. I lived in Sweet Home, further north, for years and loved it. The rain really started to get to me after a few years though. Like I said, I think it rains less in K-Falls. Lots of outdoor stuff to do out there. I did some Bigfoot Expeditions in the area so keep your eyes peeled.

k-s-p

Veteran
Judging by some of the vegetation in photos and the lake(s) it gets a fair amount of precipitation.

D

DryNobBob

Believe it or not, Klamath Falls has a good hospital compared to other places, but its quite a bit colder then even 60 miles to the west at Medford/Ashland. The one thing I do hear good about is the town is depressed a bit, and this trickles down to Leo, from what I hear. Low budgets mean they dont' worry bout small to medium fish, so to speak. And for God's sake, DO NOT mess with the compassion groups, as OGF, NGF, etc. you'll meet more crooks that way, than if you blaze your own trail. And you'll need some money. Do not expect the ole Hippie, peace, love atmosphere, let's share mentality, its def not CA, nor CO or even MI, when it comes to camaraderie. Don't believe anything of what you hear, and only half of what you see in Oregon:laughing: But its great if you want the best possession limits around medically, and can do your own thing. IMHO

420mike

I actually had really good experiences with OGF.. yes there are assholes, as there is everywhere, but for the most part my experience with OGF was positive. I still maintain my ties with that group. As with anything else you must be wary and not be too quick to trust wherever you go.

D

DryNobBob

Nope, they hand out moldy meds in the name of compassion, half of their clones are bug and disease ridden and as long as you are paying that membership fee or selling your extra to their patients in need, you'll be fine, neither compassion group is worth a fuk out in Oregon, not PIF, not OGF, not NGF. Sorry. no many peeps that have had bad luck with these people, if you live in Portland where they are based out of, you do ok, when you try to use their lil satellite groups, you get took most every time, you'd do just as well going to the clubs and buying clones, at least you'll have a better idea of what you're getting is actually what you're getting, LMFAO. You must be a recruiter for those boys or are a newer mamber, watch what goes on in those groups and meetings and moreover, AFTER the meetings, thats where the real action happens. Get real dude, there are stories all over the net how all they are worried about is membership fees and getting you to vote how they want you to vote. They all have Paul Stanford stuck up their ass and thats enough for most folks NOT to follow the compassion groups in Oregon around.

Those groups are always a good source of clones and genetics if nothing else.

420mike

I have never paid a membership fee and have never paid for a clone or meds. I have donatated meds, clones and money to help the organization. Yes, sometimes you get bugs or other issues but it ALWAYS pays to be proactive about that stuff. There are plenty of people on those sites that will teach proper techniques and share top shelf meds and healthy clones, you just have to find those people. I have been a member since 2006 and seen alot of the drama so I dont get too involved on a political level and only involve myself with the people who I feel are in it to truly help others. I am not a recruiter, just trying to help others find the good strains of clones and the people who are willing to hand them out.
I guess its all perspective and who you deal with. Sounds like you got in with a bad bunch but you cannot say they are ALL like that because it just aint so. Anyhow this thread aint about that. Just trying to share my experience with someone in the state is all.

D

DryNobBob

input is input, just want dude to know the whole picture and the one main rule in OR: if you can, get to portland or the outlying areas as there is no where else in the state that compares, IMO.

420mike

input is input, just want dude to know the whole picture and the one main rule in OR: if you can, get to portland or the outlying areas as there is no where else in the state that compares, IMO.

Yea. Portland is the place. I went to Cannabliss cafe there.. it was nice and Hempstalk is a good time as well.

D

DryNobBob

well, I meant to live, not visit. Portland is still the mecca of the state for mmj, the rest of the state, not so much. If I coudn't live in Portland, I'd go to NoCal, lmfao. Oregon will remind you of the movie Deliverance, except worse.

D

DryNobBob

yea, I got in with a bunch of shysters form OGF, NGF and PIF, now how many more compassion groups are there in OR, and the lower rent ones may not charge membership fees, like PIF, but you get what you get, the worn out cuts, with bugs or diseases, the best bet is to bypass compassion, go straight to the clubs and do your business. Its like NORML in Medford, not only do they back the local dispensarys, which seems a bit odd, if you go in to their lounge to smoke, an eighth of no good shit will cost fifty bucks, but they are compassionate, LMFAO

I have never paid a membership fee and have never paid for a clone or meds. I have donatated meds, clones and money to help the organization. Yes, sometimes you get bugs or other issues but it ALWAYS pays to be proactive about that stuff. There are plenty of people on those sites that will teach proper techniques and share top shelf meds and healthy clones, you just have to find those people. I have been a member since 2006 and seen alot of the drama so I dont get too involved on a political level and only involve myself with the people who I feel are in it to truly help others. I am not a recruiter, just trying to help others find the good strains of clones and the people who are willing to hand them out.
I guess its all perspective and who you deal with. Sounds like you got in with a bad bunch but you cannot say they are ALL like that because it just aint so. Anyhow this thread aint about that. Just trying to share my experience with someone in the state is all.

A

Alone

Ive had Oregon in my heart since I was a kid. Ive always wanted to live there. Fishing, nature, beautiful scenery. Now that I got steller genetics and am a seasoned grower with 5 trades under my belt, I could find a job easily and grow some good dank VERT./ Heath Style.
Since its a 6 plant limit? 3 lbs a plant on 6 plants would help pay the bills.
Even if its only $2000 a lb to the dispenceries. Thats still $36,000 minus costs per grow.
Ill take that anyday. Can do what....... 3 grows a year?
I really want to go. I hate Mass. Im slowly dieing here from the inside out.

D

DryNobBob

LMFAO, its 24 oz per patient total with the six plants, LMFAO, run those outdoor plants and get your 3 lbs a plant and see if you get any visits from big boys, especially slanging to a club, LMFAO. But you're right on course with the Oregon boys, set up a network out of state and sell your 16 lbs extra, and you'll be tits, LMFAO

420mike

They are cracking down on that stuff. Last season the fly overs started in June. I know several people who got popped with one or two plants over the limit.

D

DryNobBob

yea, not many got busted last year unless they were way over, but if you go to those compassion sites you mentioned, LMFAO, they post pics of grows that will astound you. six to twelve plants 10 ft high and 4 foot across, but they'll only get four ozzies per that plant, LMFAO, and they wonder why they get the flyovers. Ever wonder why nobody in Portland gets busted with all those multilight indoor grows with the AK's laying around and such? Seems odd they worry bout the outdoor guys, but not the indoor guys in Portland, who are obviously selling extra.

420mike

There was a County DEA guy in Linn County going around doing knock and talks to gain access to gardens under the guise of a "compliance check" They showed up at my place last year trying to get into my grow. I asked if they had a warrant and they said no but told me it would go hard on me if I made them go get one. I told them come back when you have a warrant.. they never came back.. Scare tactics.
They did a fly over on my buddies place and then showed up in plain cloths with no warrant, asked the room mate if he was home like they were his friends and then the raid began with no warrant. Because he was over by 2 plants his OMMP protection was null and void. Messed up situation.

D

DryNobBob

pays to be on the right side of the OMMP laws and to know them. Also, I'd say if you are supplying some of the clubs, you ought to be careful also, I hear. Those records are kept somewhere. Them guys always bragging bout the Ptown clubs, I'd say they are always on the radar, eh?

420mike

Yea.. they just had a huge raid in Eugene awhile back.. Kannabosm was raided as well as any grower that was supplying them.. feds want to make them an example I think. I had solicited Kannabosm to see if they would take my extra meds.. good thing I decided not to go with them. Its a very fine line and pays to try to be on the right side of that line if at all possible.

D

DryNobBob

Yep, rumor has it thats why the clubs have went to the new software or write down your number, what you get, etc, as if they ever get popped, supposedly thats what the leo boys want, is that data, the number of transactions, amount of transaction, MMJ ID number for said transaction, etc. Gotta love that grey area, sell or export that extra, lmfao

Latest posts

Latest posts