What's new

Moving to L.A.

RandomNegro

Alright so I'm moving to the L.A. area (Sherman Oaks, Burbank, Pasadena) in a few months. I have a job out there and now I'm collecting information about the area so I don't accidentally find an apartment next to a gang. Anyone who has any tips about moving there (I'm East Coast) I would be hugely grateful. I already have information but I figured I would double check with the fine folks of ICmag as well. Well wishes to everyone!

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
PM me..

Rule number 1: rent as close to work as possible unless you like chilling in your car on the highway for hrs at a time.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Isn't Sherman Oaks a little less expensive than Pasadena and "beautiful downtown Burbank" as Carson used to say? Or was beautiful the laugh line?

Best wishes.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Isn't Sherman Oaks a little less expensive than Pasadena and "beautiful downtown Burbank" as Carson used to say? Or was beautiful the laugh line?

Best wishes.

Totally depends on where in each town you are, but they are comparable. If you work closer to LA, sherman oaks is more preerable because you are in a great access location to get over the hill. Getting from Pasadena to LA will always be a rough ride during la rush hour (which is basically every hour of the day)

RandomNegro

Wow thanks guys! Right now I'm setting my sights on Sherman Oaks, I will be working in Burbank and mostly downtown L.A. area (film and tv gig) so I really appreciate the tip about getting over the hill. From what I've read it seems that Sherman Oaks is the most expensive of the three areas but it could just be numbers. I may have ruled out Pasadena so thanks for the reinforcement!

I plan to play it safe until I can apply for a med card (it will be over a year without growing:shucks:) but as soon as possible I will begin again (I'm having dreams about my stash of GN thai stick seeds). Thanks again for the replies!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
what about echo park? heard the rents real low..just dont wear red because i heard the local gang wears blue. those echo park chola girls are a handful! just dont rub off their sharpie eyebrows and things might work out..

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
If you end up in Sherman Oaks check out MMRC on Ventura blvd.

just went there 20 mins ago to check it out :).

LEGIT selection and quality, but typical dispensary prices aka I get a 1/8 of a few strains to test, but buy in bulk elsewhere.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
what about echo park? heard the rents real low..just dont wear red because i heard the local gang wears blue. those echo park chola girls are a handful! just dont rub off their sharpie eyebrows and things might work out..

I was in a Walmart store a week or two ago. I see a Mexican lady unloading stuff from her cart and when I seen her face I swear it looked like her eyebrows were drawn on with a sharpie. It reminded me of when Austin Powers first meets that fellow with the giant mole on his face. Since I am Colombian she just starts talking to me and I was trying to downplay my reaction to her weird ass eyebrows. I about get it under control and her mother comes to join her and has the same exact eyebrows. I was so high on this hash I am smoking (I never go into Walmart or any store without getting good and high first) that I had the hardest time not laughing and making fun of them. You certainly do not want to be in a public brawl with some chicanas in a Walmart.

Latest posts

Latest posts