What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Movies - How Did I Miss That?

noknees

so, i fucked up and didn't catch Peanut Butter Falcon. but Zombieland 2 will not evade me.

Anyone seen Bad times at el royale? It’s pretty good from last year

this was good. pretty long and dark though. like Pulp Fiction with a super creepy vibe.

feel like it could've been the premise for a season of True Detective or something.

kaochiu

Veteran
Saw the Downfall in a cinema, sitting in the front row. Miss the big screens a lot, but the ones remaining show 95% of crap movies. I mostly dislike digital special effects that produce overcharged images empty of content, like the whole lot of superhero garbage. A good actor or actress can make good any movie, and that's what happens with Ganz. His Hitler is Hitler, hence the credibility of whatever follows.
WWII had many fronts. How about Eye of the Needle, with Donald Sutherland?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saw the Downfall in a cinema, sitting in the front row. Miss the big screens a lot, but the ones remaining show 95% of crap movies. I mostly dislike digital special effects that produce overcharged images empty of content, like the whole lot of superhero garbage. A good actor or actress can make good any movie, and that's what happens with Ganz. His Hitler is Hitler, hence the credibility of whatever follows.
WWII had many fronts. How about Eye of the Needle, with Donald Sutherland?

Yep,,,far too much cgi,,,,
Eye of the Needles a great old film as is “ The Eagle has Landed” but Ganz as Hitler was another level,,, s2:tiphat:

Bobby Boucher

All of Bong Joon-Ho's stuff is so incredible. Went through them all this week.

Memories of Murder (2003), Mother (2009), Parasite (2019), Okja (2017), The Host (2006) and Snowpiercer (2013).

Plus his name is Bong.

After watching Battle Royale twice in a row yesterday, I should probably go ahead and download all of Kinji Fukasaku's joints too. Hot fire.

White Beard

(regarding the Matrix, & 21yo GF)

you're having more fun than me for sure :tiphat:

the first one is now 20 years old. wild how well it has held up. Scream is only 2+years older, and looks like a time capsule in comparison.

Watch all 3 last night: holds up well indeed.
In April, it will be same age as GF

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I get in a Western mood, at times. Wow, Revenant was great, but could never bunk down inside a horse carcass. On video, I liked The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, True Grit, The Homesman, Django Unchained.

Cadfael

For western fans: Rustlers Rhapsody.

In Bruges is cinematic-ally beautiful.

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Another "La Femme Nikita" movie.

Point of No Return (1993)

Don't look at the trailer. It's not a promo, it's a 2 minute spoiler for the whole frigging movie. lol

velorex

The Velocipastor. Low budget b movie. But surprisingly good. Camera, acting, directing. All way above what you expect from a movie about a priest turning into a crime fighting velociraptor. Highly recommended.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
A nice easy watching and funny movie is "The Gods Must Be Crazy", done in Africa. another more down to earth Africa is the "Born Free" series they did when I was a kid.