What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MountainBudz Underground Lair

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Nice pics man. The 413 is a gorgeous one. Never heard of it...local strain? Never get tired of looking at the 91...

OP

Thank you Oliver! She is a frost maker for sure... 413 Chem is from Mycotek seeds. However I did not grow these seeds out. I was gifted a clone of her. Very nice genetics within mycoteks gear it seems. My first time running her.

Here is a description of the 413...

Mycotek - 413 Chem
Gorilla Dawg x Chem91IX

Indica: 60/40
THC: 20-26%
Flower Time:58-67 Days
Yield: Heavy
Aroma: Fuel / Sour / Skunk / Funk / Diesel

Welcome to the 413. Western Mass, the place where the legend of the Chem Dog was born. This cross is a Chem Dog layer cake like no other. A crop of these flowers will be a bountiful harvest of Chemmy goodness. Diesel on top of diesel the 413 Chem is a hybrid cross between our Gorilla Dawg and Chem 91ix. The Gorilla Dawg f1 mother we used for this project has all 4 Chem Dog cuts combined in a single cross using the GG4 clone only and 3 Chems from Top Dawg Seeds to glue them together. Chem 91, Chem 4, Chem D, and Chem Sis are all in her lineage and she does not disappoint. Our 91ix male only adds more Chem funk back into the equation. Expect vigorous plants that stack like monsters, clone easily, and have a down right diesel aroma wafting from them when you are anywhere near their vicinity. If the legend of the Dog is what you are after, look no further. You have found the 413 Chem

MountainBudz

Alright guys, first off I would like to apologize it everyone for being so non attetlntive to my thread and replies and all. Life has been super busy lately and I promise things will pick up soon... Just had a hell of a lot going on as of late.

Second of all, I have a HUGE issue. As much as I LOVE the hell out of Chemdog and her super pungent stanky ass perfume, she is really beginning to overpower my carbon filters. Big time.

Me and the wife went shopping tonight and when we got home, I smelled the gals as soon as we were pulling into the driveway, car still rolling and Windows up. This is just too much...

Back when I first started flowering I out up two filters, two fans... Remember I had such an issue with controlling temps?? Well one of the key things I did was put in one phresh filter which is excellent and then one cheapo filter that I got back about 5 years ago in a grow tent set... You know, the super light shitty ones that just don't work that well at all once the girls start stankin? Reason for this at the time was to allow better and faster airflow to help control temps and keep the heat down since more air could be pulled through it.

So this brings me yo my question...

Is it okay to go ahead and remove my scrog net? I am way past stretch and of anything I guess I could stake up the plants branches and buds if they are flimsy which honestly they all seem to be pretty steady... I want to get back there to back and put up my other good heavy phresh filter, if I could do this I know for a fact I could cut down on the odor at least by 75%... I know this because last time I used the cheapo filter when I used to use grow tents and first got it, I had a terrible problem with odor. I removed the cheap filter after the first run and from that point forward I never had an issue once the phresh filters were used.

What do you guys think? I mean has to be better than getting busted I guess right? Or losing a few grams of lower buds... I honestly only think it would make a few degrees difference in temps if I put up the phresh... If anything I could always install a brand new window a.c. unit that I bought for my veg room to help control the temps as well.

Need some advice asap... This Is my first ever scrog.

ODF

Do it!

Always better safe than sorry.

Perhaps you'll have a shitload of tying up to do but at least you won't be busted.

My 2 cents.

MountainBudz

Do it!

Always better safe than sorry.

Perhaps you'll have a shitload of tying up to do but at least you won't be busted.

My 2 cents.

Good point considering my (part-time) mail man is also a police officer...

First, I am going to try crawling back into that particular corner beneath that filter and remove the scrog screen just from the corner of the room and see if I can work it that way first... If not, the net will have to come down and I will resort to bamboo stakes and string. The odor is very present at my mailbox.

My only other option which I have done in the past during desperate times, during huge guerilla harvests, is to go out and find an actual freshly killed roadkill skunk and throw in the road close to my house. They smell for weeks.

MountainBudz

5 Weeks In.....

5 Weeks In.....

Day 35 12/12 "week 5"

Well I was in the process of watering/feeding when the lights flipped out. Quickly dropped what I was doing, grabbed my "cheapo" phone and snapped a few pics as the lights were finishing the fade out. Wow... Things are bulking up very very nicely now. I had to run into the house to grab my green light to continue feeding without interrupting the lights out period.

Man this odor is sick! Of course in a good way, but in an illegal state! This shit reeks! If you have to be a stealth grower and marijuana is illegal in your home town I would STRONGLY advise against cultivating the Chemdog... Unless, you have excellent odor control. This line is no joke... Everytime I get close to the room, especially walking down the hall I smell so many different odors combined into one... From Rotten, musky, murky, musty skunk spray and rotting meat, to a mixture of pine, turpentine, gasoline and bleach... Topped off with some burnt rubber funk and a cinnamon spice. :biggrin:

Did not get around to changing out the filters this morning, but that is definitely my first priority when lights come on this evening.

One good thing is through the day when more people are out and about, the smell shouldn't be as strong as the exhaust fan does not kick in as often and blow the air directly out due to the cooler night period temps.

Anyway, here is best I could do with the cheap phone. Should have wiped the lens a little bit as I believe it have some dust and possible resin on it lol.

:peacock:

MountainBudz

picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat: :joint:

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Damn man. I had the same issue with an ecsd clone from 07. I would pull up and could smell the flowers 15-20 feet from the house. Was in an illegal state then myself. Rented a uhaul van loaded up all 20 plants and took them to a friend's house in the country for the remaining month. Glad you're getting it under control..I'll never forget that day. Haha...Us growers have some crazy days right...

OP

packerfan79

Veteran
If you are running a tent I would say put a fan/ filter in the room the tent is in. Also unless you are using a massively oversized filter, filters need to be replaced atleat every other year. 5 years on a filter toss that and get a new one. Also,it's a good idea to write the purchase date then cover it with clear tape( so you don't erase it when cleaning. ) this way you can easily see when you need to change it out.

MountainBudz

If you are running a tent I would say put a fan/ filter in the room the tent is in. Also unless you are using a massively oversized filter, filters need to be replaced atleat every other year. 5 years on a filter toss that and get a new one. Also,it's a good idea to write the purchase date then cover it with clear tape( so you don't erase it when cleaning. ) this way you can easily see when you need to change it out.

These filters I have a practically new. I have one phresh filter and one cheapo filter. The cheapo I stuck up on the ceiling because it is super light and allows tons of air circulation compared to the phresh. So the cheapo is coming down tonight, getting replaced with another phresh filter. I had this issue before with the cheap filters, problem was solved immediately after replacing with a good proven phresh filter. You can't beat them. So in return I'm gonna be increasing my temps a couple degrees due to air being exhausted at a slower rate but oh well, it will be worth it. I know this will cut back on the odor at least by 75 even 90%...

No, definitely not a tent. This is an underground bunker with a room built and constructed within in. Double insulated and 2x4 pressure treated stud frame. This is a solid grow room. Ceiling is concrete.

I grew in tents before this grow though. :tiphat:

MountainBudz

I have an almost brand new window AC unit that I might throw in the wall until this run is over and I can afford a mini split. This will allow me to filter out my odor better too all while keeping the temps even more manageable. Only 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 weeks left on this grow total... Next grow I am investing big! And I absolutely cannot wait!

packerfan79

Veteran
Well mountain, I hope you get it all figured out. I had a similar issue with a cheap filter back in the day. I go way overkill with charcoal filters now. Well I did befor I got shutdown.

MountainBudz

Well mountain, I hope you get it all figured out. I had a similar issue with a cheap filter back in the day. I go way overkill with charcoal filters now. Well I did befor I got shutdown.

Thank you man.. I absolutely agree with that bud, odor control is an absolute must, especially in outlaw states or outlaw grow ops period. In my honest opinion you cannot overkill trying to confide the odor. That is nothing but a very intelligent move on your part man.

Sorry to hear you got shut down Packer. What happened man? Everything ok and running smoothly now?

MountainBudz

So i got to thinking today... The temps are warming up, as spring is coming into the picture and I had an idea to pop up in my brain.

How well would a window AC unit work in my room? I have a practically brand new window AC unit that I purchased last summer that was used to cool my former previous flower room, which is now my veg room. It was hot during the summer so of course the AC worked fine at that time, even before a buddy of mine ever gave me the idea of a thermostatically controlled outlet to help control the temps. At that time I had the exhaust fans constantly pulling air and it still did a pretty good job keeping the room cool in a 2000 watt grow during the hottest days of July and August.

So here is my idea.. How about bringing the AC into the underground room? I know during he colder months the AC can basically freeze up and become useless (we still have another month or so of unpredictable freezing nights and days). So I had been researching this on Google and YouTube and had come across many of awesome ideas on constructing a modified AC box to help the AC stay warm on the intake and vents and not cause it to freeze up... Basically you deflect the warm air and you can use the AC in pretty much subzero temps.

But in my situation, I have a lung room. The hallway between the concrete wall and the grow room wall. If I installed the AC into the grow room and the back end of AC was situated in the hall (lung room) would this allow me to use my AC during cold temps IF instead of my hot exhaust air from the grow room being vented to the outside I vented it to up the inside of the lung room instead? I would still also be pulling in cool air through the exhaust which I currently already do, plus the AC cooling At the same time seems to be a golden ticket in keeping temps in check UNTIL after this run is over and I can purchase a mini split system.

Now just from my brainstorming, which I just had this idea pop into my mind today, seems like it would be a good idea... If I exhausted the hot air from the grow into the lung room, in my opinion would keep the lung room warma enough to run the AC?? Correct? Or am I missing something here?...... School me if I'm wrong. Lol.

Also, wouldn't this help to work in conjunction with my dehumidifier even further lowering my humidity as a plus?

packerfan79

Veteran
Thank you man.. I absolutely agree with that bud, odor control is an absolute must, especially in outlaw states or outlaw grow ops period. In my honest opinion you cannot overkill trying to confide the odor. That is nothing but a very intelligent move on your part man.

Sorry to hear you got shut down Packer. What happened man? Everything ok and running smoothly now?

Well, I am in a rental right now. I got a 60 day notice on Thursday. The owner is selling the house. I grow in a 10x 15 shed. I was about a week in to flower. No way was i going to finish the crop and get the shed moved.Wonderful California, can't find shit to rent without getting rid of my dogs. I am paying 895$ which is super cheap, now it's looking like 1300- 1600 a month if I can find anything. So far I haven't found much.

packerfan79

Veteran

Well, I am in a rental right now. I got a 60 day notice on Thursday. The owner is selling the house. I grow in a 10x 15 shed. I was about a week in to flower. No way was i going to finish the crop and get the shed moved.Wonderful California, can't find shit to rent without getting rid of my dogs. I am paying 895$ which is super cheap, now it's looking like 1300- 1600 a month if I can find anything. So far I haven't found much.

MountainBudz

I know all about that shed growing ;) I have done plenty of that. Wow that sounds high to me, in Ky for an average nice rental home you are looking at $400 to $500 per month. That for something pretty nice. I have rented even cheaper, $300 to $400 in the past. Just gotta do your searching and investigating. I hate like hell to hear that though man, I had to shit a grow down as well due to a bad rental situation gone wrong. I finally own my own place and there is nothing like it. Took years of growing to get where I am today and it wasn't easy.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
The ac

The ac

Running the ac in the lung room would work if you can ventilate the lung room enough. Heat will build up quick especially if the space is small. I would do it temporarily if you need to. You can run in the high 80s with good air movement without much worry. The problem with the window unit will be that you will still be bringing in fresh air and will have to for co2 so you will be conditioning a lot of air that will be getting vented. It would be better if you added the ac and supplemented co2.

MountainBudz

Running the ac in the lung room would work if you can ventilate the lung room enough. Heat will build up quick especially if the space is small. I would do it temporarily if you need to. You can run in the high 80s with good air movement without much worry. The problem with the window unit will be that you will still be bringing in fresh air and will have to for co2 so you will be conditioning a lot of air that will be getting vented. It would be better if you added the ac and supplemented co2.

Thanks for the advice.. Yeah I am planning on sealing eventually. Especially when I get my mini split and running co2 as well. Right now I have some time to figure out a plan, temps are low all week and weekend and next week too. The highest my temps have gotten even on warm days is 81 degrees so fat
Normally they run around 75 to 78 and 69 to 73 during lights off.

Thanks for stopping by as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts