What's new

Mountain Air Carbon filters

C

chefro420

i tried to get the 14x20 but nobody could locate so, i settled for the 12 x 20 cause thats an area i have set up. ill go for the 14 x 40 next. nice filter size chefro. whats the weight on that filter? good to hear its working so far.real test will be at 8 weeks or so-

14" x 40" with a 8" flange already on it . It's about 50lbs. I grow perpetual. There are ECSD at 70 days and Chem Ibl at 88 days, not including OG chems and Sfv x SD about a month earlier along . So can't really get too much more funk to control then that.......

eyes

Veteran
Thats nice,chefro,yeah id be curious how long it holds up,definately keep us posted for sure.

eyes

Veteran
chefro,what brand filter were u using that couldnt keep up? how long did it last? thanks

MMJcali

I've heard that Rhino makes a better filter than Mountain Air...but I'm having trouble finding Rhino filters for sale in the US.

I'm looking for a well constructed CF that will scrub ALL smell...will pay whatever it takes.

anybody have experience with both rhino and MA?

C

chefro420

I was using phresh previous . The mountain air has very solid construction , better then phresh . As far as longevity , I can't say it's any better then phresh . Seems at about 6 months they all start loosing their effectiveness . Still work great for veg areas and lighter duty , but not in flowering rooms . Nearing 6 months now and she's starting to crap out . Maybe get another month + before I switch out .

Sorry to whoever Pm'd me about the filter. I erased the Pm before I could respond . :ying:

Granger2

Veteran
I've got Mt. Air and Phresh filters. I was told that Mt.Air's patent ran out on the kind of carbon they use, and now Phresh uses the same type. Phresh is in an aluminum case, Mt. Air is in stainless steel. They're both good, but phresh wins on price, and if you're hanging it, Phresh is way lighter.

Changing the prefilter helps a lot. I vacuum them between changes. Good luck. -granger