What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2020

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Love the water lines. Do you feed with them too or do they feed off the mounds?
The irrigation is for water only. When we water in nutrients we do it by hand with a pump and watering wand. The mounds are made of very rich soil so we dont need to give them very much, but a rootdrench is always welcome. We use Pacific Gro, Sea Stim, organic molasses, Tainio microbes, among other things. Normally we do one weekly but we havent started yet this season, we need a new mixing tank and have been too busy setting up the garden to find one locally.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Happy solstice everyone! We had a good spring, not perfect but probably our best start to a season yet. The ladies have settled into their homes , and they are charging into the summer with great vigor and potential!
Lower plot:
ocjmpKkh.jpg

Upper Plot:
OlOH2eFh.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Ancient OG F4 (purple stem)

Ancient OG F4 (purple stem)

these are our biggest ones so far, we have 3 planted next to each other and they are all at least 7-feet tall already. We made the Ancient OG F4's two season's ago, and grew them last year. They towered over the rest of the garden. We will be using our F4 stock to make F5's this season, selecting for the big purple-stem males which seem to impart their vigor on everything they touch, along with an insane amount of trichome production.

AbjVuihh.jpg

I0YYiS9h.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Space Monkey (GG4 x Wookie) ... Bodhi Seeds

Space Monkey (GG4 x Wookie) ... Bodhi Seeds

We've grown this one in the past, she always impresses us with her floral/petrol aroma. Seems to grow wider than tall, produces a good yield of dense flowers with a very unique flavor. I am interested in growing out some more of Bodhi's Wookie crosses, this is the only one we've tried but i have been very impressed. I grew Bodhi's cut of Wookie and it was some of the loudest, most lovely smelling weed i've ever seen, however it lacked in the potency department. The Space Monkey makes up for that with the added punch from the GG4 used in the cross.

Ta7FqSzh.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Fanta (Sprite x Mandarina)

Fanta (Sprite x Mandarina)

Fanta is a cross made by a friend of ours, from some plants which we gave him last season. He crossed our Sprite (black lime reserve x ancient og) with Mandarina from Trichome Jungle Seeds. Both strains used in this cross have proven monster plant genetics, with incredible lateral growth and stretch. The Sprite tends to have a lemon/lime flavor, while the Mandarina tastes like a fresh peeled orange. I can't wait to see what this cross produces!

XVmzp4Bh.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Timberwolf - (Animal Cookies x Chem) - South Fork Seeds...

Timberwolf - (Animal Cookies x Chem) - South Fork Seeds...

We grew this a couple years ago in our low-budget native soil plot and it performed very well, so here she is back again to show us what she can do in our big mounds.

If you're a fan of gassy cookie terps (and who isn't?), then this is a terrific strain to grow. It takes a while to finish, a few days after halloween if i remember correctly. Fortunately we have weather here that allows us to push plants into november if we want to. The Timberwolf produces a very sturdy christmas-tree structure with big dense frosty purple/green flowers that reek of petrol and spicy cookie dough. She is consistently one of my first choices to smoke, and that's saying something.

bWWWOAWh.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Purple Sprite (Sprite x Ancient OG)

Purple Sprite (Sprite x Ancient OG)

Purple Sprite is hands down some of the best ganja i've ever grown or smoked. Vigor is off the charts, as is yield/flower structure and potency, but where she really shines is in the flavor department. There is some variation depending on phenotype but they can range from grapey petrol, to sour apple, to fresh baked blueberry muffins. The best versions remind me of Royal Kush but better.

Here is a purple-stemmed Purple Sprite pushing 7-feet before the solstice. She is trying hard to compete with the Ancient OG F4's that are growing like bamboo.
OUmpMOjh.jpg

LizardMan

Schrews, Always impressive work and some of those in house ladies sound delicious!! Just curious how often do you give those girls water?

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy solstice indeed:plant grow:Your plants are going to be monsters...amazing

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Schrews, Always impressive work and some of those in house ladies sound delicious!! Just curious how often do you give those girls water?

They're not on a schedule yet, but soon we will be running the drip irrigation every 2-3 days, up to 100gallons of water per plant

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
They're not on a schedule yet, but soon we will be running the drip irrigation every 2-3 days, up to 100gallons of water per plant

Man Schrews, when they said 'think big', you took them very serious.

Nice work!!!