What's new

Motherlode Gardens 2014

theJointedOne

Veteran
looking great

i can tell all the hard work you guys put in is really paying off now

and yea, get a top layer on those girls...otherwise they are gonna fall over when they get big and juicy ripe! one rain or wind storm with some fat buds on big branches like that, without support youll wake up to a fallen wave of tops

keep up the great work!

and thanks for sharing with icmag, this site seems to be on the up these days thanks to the community we have here, which is sacred.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Definitely gonna do that soon. We still need to get a ladder and more netting. Such a tight budget, I can't wait to put this season behind us. Still, everything is starting to flower and it looks like we will harvest something, which we all know is better than nothing.

growing big plants presents a whole new set of problems, but that's the cost of living in the grey area. I've spent quite a few summers bouncing from place to place, wishing i had these kind of problems. the universe provides.

sunrise:

qEcArxUl.jpg

Bulldog420

Veteran
I will use green tape and tie them off to all four posts holding the center of the plant. That way if the wind blows there is always counter force holding it back. I prefer the netting, but green tape helps where netting got missed.

Meds215

Screw the coast schrews. I will argue with you about this forever. I grew up.in monterey 831. Over populated, weather sucks outdoor gets tons of mold, not too many rivers to swim im, no snow in the winter. Only good is the natural coast air conditioning from the marin layer if your busting huge indoor if I ever moved back to the coast which I won't I'd do 20 lights all natural cooled by that cold ass coastal air lol. Santa cruz weather is a lil nicer then monterey. But still the river in felton isn't dog friendly. I take my.dog to the river everyday in the sierras no leash no problems and plants don't grow there like they grow here. Most yield I ever heard of in the 831 in 2 elbows off a plant 5 is unheard of there

Bulldog420

Veteran
Screw the coast schrews. I will argue with you about this forever. I grew up.in monterey 831. Over populated, weather sucks outdoor gets tons of mold, not too many rivers to swim im, no snow in the winter. Only good is the natural coast air conditioning from the marin layer if your busting huge indoor if I ever moved back to the coast which I won't I'd do 20 lights all natural cooled by that cold ass coastal air lol. Santa cruz weather is a lil nicer then monterey. But still the river in felton isn't dog friendly. I take my.dog to the river everyday in the sierras no leash no problems and plants don't grow there like they grow here. Most yield I ever heard of in the 831 in 2 elbows off a plant 5 is unheard of there

I was growing in San Mateo, very similar to Monterrey weather. I grew 4.9 lb plants there all the time. Never hit 5 lbs of actual dry weight, but over 3 on most plants. The bay sucks my balls, the people suck, the weather sucks, cost of everything sucks. Sierra's all day every day from here on out. Heck, my back yard has more park like features than my entire home town.

I did love the Monterrey bay aquarium. I bought a service jacket for my dog and I would bring her in places like that. I remember when my wife and I brought her to the aquarium, then out to one of those nice restaurants. Everybody was like, is that a dog in the restaurant? I was like, "yea, this is my service dog." Loved that dog.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
whats trinitys ordinance say? its beautiful up there but too damn far! love the eastern sierras only a few hours from tahoe and the bay.

reminds me i gotta get more caps on my trellis, just never enough time in a day to finish anything. how does one cap plants that are already way too damn tall..i was figuring just throw the damn nets over the tops of these things.

ponobegone

Veteran
I use sticks of 3/4 pvc with an elbow then a 6inch hook piece of pvc with another elbow and just drape my pieces over. Cant show a pic my hard drive shitted on me

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Pono i think i get what you are saying. Is that better than just throwing nets over the tops. I like byf's remesh idea too but i dont think we have enough