What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mother of Berries

need4weed

Veteran
Rusty at cannaventure was selling S1's of it a while back but they are listed anymore. He is a cool guy, ping him an email and see if he will help you out

OleReynard

I just got thru with someone's s1's BK Pre98 for the very first time.
You wouldn't need to grow anything different, you'd have enough variety off that 1 strain.
Was not impressed, lots of variation

need4weed

Veteran
I just got thru with someone's s1's BK Pre98 for the very first time.
You wouldn't need to grow anything different, you'd have enough variety off that 1 strain.
Was not impressed, lots of variation
Whos BK? From most reports,the BK is pretty stable with the S1's being all very similar

OleReynard

Nspectas not out of his newest batch these were probably 8-10 years old and some had a hermie problem and a range of different phenos
Caleb was notified already

browntrout

Veteran
Now defunct Highrise seeds sold S2’s, I thought they were decent, but the hybrid I made with them showed tons of Mob phenos and new novel phenos also. There is definitely a recessive herm trait in the line. But outdoors, no problems with herms.

Having grown Mendo Purps x bubblegum and bubblegum S1’s the Mendo purps throws a lot of those dark, berry, earthy terps you see in the purple side of Mob. The only other plant I’ve seen that made me think MOB!… would be curious to grow the Mendo purps S1’s.

Captain Red Eye

@nick11 in house has mother of cherries, which isn't pure, but you can definitely find a MOB pheno in there. Thseeds are definitely using the real MOB clone, they got it from my boys in ME. Same way they got my darkstar, from the same folks. High rise doesn't make mob seeds, or any seeds anymore from the look of it.

Interesting, your post has me curious. I'm aware there are many origin of Mob stories, but claim no personal knowledge of which is accurate and which is myth. No disrespect intended to anybody.

Anyhow, I got ahold of an "Mob cherry pheno" clone several years ago. It came via a friend of a friend with the origin being a generous old man in western maine.
Wondering if my cherry pheno clone is possibly the same one you reference and if so. is it an s1 of the original Mob or what else might be in it?

It's a slow vegger, somewhat light sensitive although it clones well, nice aroma and finishes mid-September outdoors, about 52-57 days indoor. I made a handful of s1's a few years back, but so far none duplicated the mom. I wouldn't know if they're even close to the "real Mob" as I've never grown it...yet.

Might grab some Dirty Worms Farms regular Mob seeds for an outdoor side by side, maybe let some pollen fly in the direction of my "cherry pheno" to add to the personal seed stash. I'm pleased Dirty Worm Farms is going thru the effort to preserve this strain, as I've long considered backing up my clone with some regular seeds. Shit happens and clones get lost, would be good to have something in seed form close to what I already have.

nick11

Veteran
Interesting, your post has me curious. I'm aware there are many origin of Mob stories, but claim no personal knowledge of which is accurate and which is myth. No disrespect intended to anybody.

Anyhow, I got ahold of an "Mob cherry pheno" clone several years ago. It came via a friend of a friend with the origin being a generous old man in western maine.
Wondering if my cherry pheno clone is possibly the same one you reference and if so. is it an s1 of the original Mob or what else might be in it?

It's a slow vegger, somewhat light sensitive although it clones well, nice aroma and finishes mid-September outdoors, about 52-57 days indoor. I made a handful of s1's a few years back, but so far none duplicated the mom. I wouldn't know if they're even close to the "real Mob" as I've never grown it...yet.

Might grab some Dirty Worms Farms regular Mob seeds for an outdoor side by side, maybe let some pollen fly in the direction of my "cherry pheno" to add to the personal seed stash. I'm pleased Dirty Worm Farms is going thru the effort to preserve this strain, as I've long considered backing up my clone with some regular seeds. Shit happens and clones get lost, would be good to have something in seed form close to what I already have.
You got anymore of those s1? Still haven't had any luck

Edit..sorry just saw Dirty worms company has a bx1, guess that'll have to do. I bet that mob x kandahar is killer. Says heavy incense and berries. Anybody heard of this company. Thnx

Last edited:

Captain Red Eye

You got anymore of those s1? Still haven't had any luck

Nope, sorry.
The plant I have was a tough one to get to turn. She resisted and didn't give up much pollen, hence only got a handful of fem seeds, about 3-4 years ago. Low pollen output, could have been weak colloidal silver solution or my error.

I'm considering an S1 retry and / or outcrossing to get a male and then backcrossing several times back into the original cut to get a stash of regular seeds. Like all indoor projects, time and space considerations. Maybe this summer, when I can avail the great outdoors as a pollen chucking lab I can try again.

I've already made a few 3/4 "Mob" x 1/4 Jack the Ripper, but not sure that combo is the way forward, or if my cut is or is even related to the "real Mob".

No matter what it is. it has similar traits as other cuts of Mob, fast finish, nice smells etc. and seems worthy of preserving. Hoping someone has a story on the origin of "the cherry pheno Mob". My info. remains incomplete.

Hope your luck turns. If I happen to make progress, I'll likely post on this forum somewhere.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
@Captain Red Eye I was referring to in house seeds variety, mother of cherries, it is mob x black cherry pie. However, I received cuttings of mob 3 times over the years. The first and third times were from the same person. In the white mtns of Western Maine. The second was from the portland area. I ran this one the longest. And it was referred to by the folks in the mtns as "the cherry one". Honestly, there wasnt much difference between them. But maybe a little. She is a gem regardless.

Captain Red Eye

@Captain Red Eye I was referring to in house seeds variety, mother of cherries, it is mob x black cherry pie. However, I received cuttings of mob 3 times over the years. The first and third times were from the same person. In the white mtns of Western Maine. The second was from the portland area. I ran this one the longest. And it was referred to by the folks in the mtns as "the cherry one". Honestly, there wasnt much difference between them. But maybe a little. She is a gem regardless.

Thank you for the info.

I ordered some of Dirty Worm's mob bx seeds yesterday and if there's a good looking male in the pack, I have a feeling my "cherry pheno mob" is going to get pollinated this summer.

cbotany

Posting this up here for posterity and for growers to verify this cut. Info and pictures from the original Clone only that's been in my family since she was found 35+yrs ago. There had been alot of remakes of her. First by THSeeds, and more recently Dirty Water Organics. Most don't do the original cut any justice. Closest work I've seen to the original was by Professor Frink. 🤙
Bro, I didn't know you where on here, is Wolfie as well or nah?

420PyRoS

Hehe if wolfies mob clone is legit, I'd love to make myself a personal MOB BX with MOB OG genetics i have.

Attachments

• 20190523_171732.jpg
    20190523_171732.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20190523_171742.jpg
    20190523_171742.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20171127_165454.jpg
    20171127_165454.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Latest posts