What's new

Motarebel's Bear Hug (UW x Sensi Star)

Cannavore

Veteran
Just showing off two ladies from Mota's Bear Hug he sent me to test out.

Today is 4 weeks bloom. These are being grown from seed.

Smells on both - Mentholated fruit, and eucalyptus

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Four weeks from seed? Wow, nice.

Did you go straight to 12/12? I've heard of it with purer sativas and thought it works because they have 14+ weeks to develop into "grownups".

Cannavore

Veteran
Four weeks from seed? Wow, nice.

Did you go straight to 12/12? I've heard of it with purer sativas and thought it works because they have 14+ weeks to develop into "grownups".

Haha sorry I worded that strangely. I meant they're being grown from seed, not clone, and that they are 4 weeks into bloom. I'll edit that in my original post :biggrin:

I don't keep track of veg but it was at least a month. I also had a slow start due to my pH being out of wack.

Cannavore

Veteran
interesting

Indeed.

I was hoping for a UW pheno but that didn't happen. Both are looking very Sensi Star.

Some pics from a few days ago that I posted in the free your budshots thread:

The plant on the right is the early frost beast

NZ4ShJQ.jpg

daRJOsA.jpg

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Udubb or uw was used in this cross???? Never new neone was breeding with her... very interested in how these turn out.. I know her pretty well one of the best feeling highs out there ...

Cannavore

Veteran
Udubb or uw was used in this cross???? Never new neone was breeding with her... very interested in how these turn out.. I know her pretty well one of the best feeling highs out there ...

Yeah it is. I got two Sensi star phenos though :/

I wanna get some more of these to get a UW pheno.

Here's the mother grown by Mota

CYS7Pju.jpg

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Nice my cut i recently got back didnt make it... got her comin back yet again....
Love her story was talkin bout her being the only real g13 left,... def has some incredible old hashplant .... tendencies

Cannavore

Veteran
Nice my cut i recently got back didnt make it... got her comin back yet again....
Love her story was talkin bout her being the only real g13 left,... def has some incredible old hashplant .... tendencies

Cool man hope you get her in one piece :biggrin:

Here's a male I discarded which I'm assuming was a UW pheno. These plants were super skunky in veg.

hpwX5h7.jpg

qDH9KUo.jpg

SourDank

Veteran
Those look real nice bro, and sensi star is pretty dank itself. I wouldn't be too upset bout it, but I do like sensi star a lot.

Can I ask what the genetics of UW is if you know?

Cannavore

Veteran
Those look real nice bro, and sensi star is pretty dank itself. I wouldn't be too upset bout it, but I do like sensi star a lot.

Can I ask what the genetics of UW is if you know?

Thanks SourDank I'm definitely not upset at all, Sensi Star is one of my personal favorites from years past.

The udub has a G13-esque origin. Its been around since the late 70's for sure, maybe even longer I can't remember specifically.
Supposedly liberated from the University of Washington or something like that.

There's also other phenos with the same name. '84 Black UW, and Purple UW.

Stoney917 probably knows more. :biggrin:

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Nice, i met Mota at the ammp expo in the D. His crosses looked interesting, been reluctant to grab any since i havent been very impressed with many of the vendors round the mitten. There are a few exceptions but most have been Lackluster at best.

Cannavore

Veteran
Mota's a veteran in the seed game. He's got the flame and knows how to use it.

You're lucky to be local, I'd be scooping up a lot of his new offerings for sure!

Nice, i met Mota at the ammp expo in the D. His crosses looked interesting, been reluctant to grab any since i havent been very impressed with many of the vendors round the mitten. There are a few exceptions but most have been Lackluster at best.

Cannavore

Veteran
I'm digging the left pheno. Reminds me of pictures of chem4 almost in flower formation/characteristics. Both still smell of eucalyptus and menthol but now there's a prominent IPA (India pale ale) smell along with it... Resiny, little bit piney, with a back end of tropical fruit smells.

Either way I've got cuts of each vegging out now to run again (unless one of them has the potency of a cigarette but I don't see that as likely with these genetics). Gonna be flowering GG4 for the first time also.. I've been sitting on a mom for awhile now.... I actually almost crossed GG4 with a Bear Hug male. Ran out of space o_o

dj.scotfree

It was something about the University of Washington.. Not sure if it is the same.. A college friend from the PNW crew said he had it.. Peace~ DJSF

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
It's a old washington strain story goes it was stolen from a university Washington testing facility1986 ish ... amazing hashplant some call it an original g13 .... Pure aaa smoke .... Also goes by Udubb UW WashingtonHP and g13 Depending on who u ask

Latest posts

Latest posts